PDA

View Full Version : c&r ffl question..

stitchnicklas
01-03-2011, 7:10 PM
i know i did fingerprints when i got mine.

but do new applications need the finger print cards??? i am assuming NO from what i have seen last year.

anyone get there 03ffl in the second have and not need fingerprints??

SoCal Bob
01-03-2011, 7:21 PM
I got my 03 FFL last year and no fingerprints were required, sure you're not thinking about the COE?

Cokebottle
01-03-2011, 7:23 PM
I did not receive cards when I ordered my packet last February.
I would assume not because the BATFE is back to accepting the online PDF application.

Some packets were apparently sent out mid-year that included fingerprint cards, but it has never been listed as a requirement on the application instructions.

Cokebottle
01-03-2011, 7:23 PM
I got my 03 FFL last year and no fingerprints were required, sure you're not thinking about the COE?
COE requires a LiveScan.

ke6guj
01-03-2011, 7:33 PM
the C&R FFL never required fingerprints, but occasionally the vendor that sends out the C&R app includes fingerprint cards by "mistake" and people assume that they have to submit prints. adjust :TFH: as neccessary.:D

Mssr. Eleganté
01-03-2011, 7:50 PM
i know i did fingerprints when i got mine...

You didn't really need them when you got your C&R FFL. If I recall correctly, you got some bad info from a confused ATF licensing clerk who told you to send in the fingerprint card.

ATF included a fingerprint card with my first 03FFL application but I never did anything with it.

Interloper
01-03-2011, 8:20 PM
Whaa?

stitchnicklas
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
the C&R FFL never required fingerprints, but occasionally the vendor that sends out the C&R app includes fingerprint cards by "mistake" and people assume that they have to submit prints. adjust :TFH: as necessary.:D
^
this...

my packet had them so i did them.

ok,because a few friends are coming over tomorrow to fill out ffl apps and i do not want to lead them astray .

03ffl =no prints..
coe =livescan...

got it..