PDA

View Full Version : AB962 Does it ban magazines from internet sales?

cyrus
01-03-2011, 9:20 AM
AB962 Does it ban magazines from internet sales?

sniper4usmc
01-03-2011, 9:24 AM
it is handgun ammo ban,not a Magazines/clip ban.

cyrus
01-03-2011, 9:31 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/5712-californians-face-new-2nd-amendment-restrictions

Bill language
"For purposes of this subdivision, “ammunition” shall include, but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence. “Ammunition” does not include blanks."

travelshot
01-03-2011, 9:35 AM
dammit! There goes my "chambered for a magazine" loophole. :D

The definition you quoted only applies to sec b:

(b)

* (1) No person prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code shall own, possess, or have under his or her custody or control, any ammunition or reloaded ammunition.
* (2) For purposes of this subdivision, "ammunition" shall include, but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence. "Ammunition" does not include blanks.

Librarian
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/5712-californians-face-new-2nd-amendment-restrictions

Bill language
"For purposes of this subdivision, “ammunition” shall include, but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence. “Ammunition” does not include blanks."

That bill language is not the definition used for 'handgun ammunition' - see http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/2009_-_AB_962_De_Leon%2C_Ammunition, share with all your friends.

Glock22Fan
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
None of my magazines clips, speedloaders and autoloaders are capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence.

Unless, of course, it's a large bore blunderbuss or cannon.

It's all in the parsing.

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Unless, of course, it's a large bore blunderbus or cannon.

That can be arranged:D.

Barabas
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM

I can imagine the conversation now:

A: And then he shot clips of cartridges out of his cannon.

B: You mean bullets, right?

A: No, actual cartridges.

:(

It was funny to me.

Glock22Fan
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Well, with your screenname, that's not so surprising. But maybe someone else would like to volunteer the payload - my gear is worth too much to me :D

And please don't point it towards Acton, we're back in residence :D

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Well, with your screenname, that's not so surprising. But maybe someone else would like to volunteer the payload - my gear is worth too much to me :D

And please don't point it towards Acton, we're back in residence :D

Is it cold enough for you? I got a nice 2-3" blanket of snow yesterday. How much did you get?

Glock22Fan
01-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Is it cold enough for you? I got a nice 2-3" blanket of snow yesterday. How much did you get?

About the same, although my wife thought it was more like six inches. The dogs think it is hilarious - especially our St. Bernard (who hates hot weather) who was going around scooping up mouthfuls and eating them My G.S. boy was thrown a snowball, and wanted to bring it into the house.

I hate the cold. Didn't move here from England to get snow, fog or rain.

Still, we'd better get back on topic before the thought police get after us.

Librarian
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
The thought police have arrived!!

BTW, CASCANNONEER, have you actually tried firing cartridges as the projectile load? Would the shock ignite the primers? Inquiring minds .... (and I'll watch the video, thanks, no need for a live demo!)

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2011, 1:13 PM
About the same, although my wife thought it was more like six inches. The dogs think it is hilarious - especially our St. Bernard (who hates hot weather) who was going around scooping up mouthfuls and eating them My G.S. boy was thrown a snowball, and wanted to bring it into the house.

I hate the cold. Didn't move here from England to get snow, fog or rain.

Still, we'd better get back on topic before the thought police get after us.

I take it that YOU taught here how to read a tape measure????:p

The thought police have arrived!!

BTW, CASCANNONEER, have you actually tried firing cartridges as the projectile load? Would the shock ignite the primers? Inquiring minds .... (and I'll watch the video, thanks, no need for a live demo!)

I'd love to try but, that would be explosive ord and subject to NFA regulations as a DD.

Glock22Fan
01-03-2011, 1:57 PM

I'd love to try but, that would be explosive ord and subject to NFA regulations as a DD.

No. I gave up trying to teach her anything a long time ago, as I get accused of treating her as an imbecile. Your second sentence probably ought to apply to this, as well.

ke6guj
01-03-2011, 2:05 PM
.that's why women make lousy carpenters...they've been told that l-------------l is 12" so many times, they believe it :D

AVgunGUY
01-03-2011, 8:52 PM
So to get back on topic...

I was at Dillon Precision in PHX last week doing some buying and was talking with the shipping guy there. He indicated that they would no longer be able to sell projectiles based on the language above. I explained that only ammunition and reloads counted, not components - but we parted agreeing to disagree. I'm going to forward the link to them now...

(e-mail sent)...