PDA

View Full Version : Where Is That "Pistol Grip Allows Shooting Without Reloading" Thread?

10TH AMENDMENT
08-03-2006, 9:48 AM
Awhile ago, someone posted an article wherein a certain Deputy AG was quoted as saying that the pistol grip feature on a rifle "allowed the shooter to continually fire the gun without reloading".

Can anyone help me find that thread? I can't seem to come up with the proper search terms to find it.

Thanks a ton in advance for any assistance that is forthcoming.

paradox
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
It probably got flushed down the memory hole because it mentioned names and made fun of DOJ employees for being stupid.

Talking about DOJ individuals is double-plus ungood and must not be allowed to contaminate weak minds.

JOEKILLA
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd love to read that too :rolleyes:

Oh, and I want that pistol grip, looks like I wouldn't need to buy any more ammo.

bwiese
08-03-2006, 10:39 AM
It may be in that Stockton? Modesto? Record newspaper article about OLLs - the one with the guy in the face mask.

vonsmith
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Along the same lines...

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060410/NEWS01/604100333

=vonsmith=

Edit: Whoops. I think the same article is referenced in the other post.

paradox
08-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=308367&postcount=10

Woo hoo. I fully retract my cynical Orwell reference. Which is a bit of a pity because I had a good Soviet Russia joke I'll never get to use (if any Soviet Russia joke can be concidered good).

10TH AMENDMENT
08-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys.

This place is the best!

bwiese
08-03-2006, 4:19 PM
More of Allllissson Merryleeees opinions-du-jour in letter form are scanned and recorded for posterity in calgunlaws.com in the collection of DOJ letters regarding recent AW issues - I think you may find some similar sentiments there...

M. Sage
08-03-2006, 5:49 PM
Oh, that is hilarious. So is the part about "It's really their killing potential" right after they talk about the incident with the 75-round mag on an AK where 5 kids die and 29 others plus a teacher are wounded.

Killing potential? It can't even kill CHILDREN reliably. If it's potential was that high, there would have been 75 bodies.

Umm... Ok, so I just re-read that, and it sounds bad... I'm not saying "killing kids is cool" or anything.

Ehhhh. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

thedrickel
08-03-2006, 9:58 PM
The federal campaign to ban assault weapons was spurred by the 1989 Cleveland Elementary School shooting, in which Patrick Purdy walked onto the Stockton campus with an AK47 that held 75 rounds of ammunition. Purdy killed five children and injured 29 others and a teacher. Five years later, assault weapons were banned across the country, which gun-safety advocates lauded as a victory.

"It's really their killing potential," ************ Merrilees, legal counsel for the Firearms Division of the attorney general's office, said in explaining why assault weapons were banned. "The pistol grip allows them to be sprayed randomly. You can kill lots of people without having to reload."

I think the last sentence is in reference to the previous paragraph, about the guy with the 75rd drum, not the pistol grip. Ambiguous to say the least, but I doubt she is saying the pistol grip allows you to keep shooting w/o reloading. She couldn't be THAT dumb.

SemiAutoSam
08-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I think the last sentence is in reference to the previous paragraph, about the guy with the 75rd drum, not the pistol grip. Ambiguous to say the least, but I doubt she is saying the pistol grip allows you to keep shooting w/o reloading. She couldn't be THAT dumb.

You forgot 2 factors 1- female 2 Attorney so yes she could be that dumb.

leelaw
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM

SHE might not be that sumb, but I bet most of the readers of that drivel ARE dumb enough to believe it.

donger
08-04-2006, 4:16 AM
SHE might not be that sumb, but I bet most of the readers of that drivel ARE dumb enough to believe it.

Can't sleep and it's a little too early, but IIRC, Purdy used an SKS (not an AK) in the Stockton school yard massacre.

No pistol grip. No additional "killing potential." I wouldn't necessarily call her dumb, but I doubt she could have an intelligent conversation with me.:p

SemiAutoSam
08-04-2006, 9:15 AM
The person you speak of is quoted here.

http://alphecca.com/mt_alphecca_archives/002205.html

"It's really their killing potential," A***** M********, legal counsel for the Firearms Division of the attorney general's office, said in explaining why assault weapons were banned. "The pistol grip allows them to be sprayed randomly. You can kill lots of people without having to reload."

Name obscured to protect my Assets

voodoocavegirl
08-05-2006, 8:53 AM
You forgot 2 factors 1- female 2 Attorney so yes she could be that dumb.

Female?

More than one of my girlfriends is reluctant to play with guns for fear that they wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to shoot some dumb guy...

SemiAutoSam
08-05-2006, 9:07 AM
Female?

More than one of my girlfriends is reluctant to play with guns for fear that they wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to shoot some dumb guy...

Well your GIRL Friends shouldn't PLAY with firearms as they are tools not playthings. However what your girlfriends do has nothing to do with the person I spoke of in the earlier post do you really think the same way as the female DOJ employee ? Are you saying that you agree with this quote ?

It's really their killing potential," A***** M********, legal counsel for the Firearms Division of the attorney general's office, said in explaining why assault weapons were banned. "The pistol grip allows them to be sprayed randomly. You can kill lots of people without having to reload."

Of that you just wanted to lash out and somehow make an attempt to protect the female that was quoted, and couldn't figure out any other way to other way to do it ?

Does it anger you that guys on this board see the faults in a goverment official ? and the fact that the official is a woman also urges you to attack men ?

artherd
08-06-2006, 1:04 PM
I think vcg was simply identifying another female who had an emotional instead of intellectual reaction to firearms, solidifying the points made above.

Tzvia
08-06-2006, 6:20 PM
I don't care where the thread about the pistol grip that allows shooting from the hip without reloading is. I am interested in GETTING one of those pistol grips that allow me to shoot 'n shoot 'n shoot without reloading, so I won't have to worry about the non detatchable mag I have.:rolleyes: Now I don't want to spray randomly, I want to aim, do you all think it would still work??

Gosh, that would solve all our problems with getting our ARs listed (we would not need to), and we would not have to invest in lots of mags too. It's amazing what a pistol grip can do; no wonder the CADOJ is nuts over their killing potential. I had no idea...;)