PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Ithaca 37 M&P

slowjonn
08-02-2006, 8:23 PM
Found an Ithaca model 37 M&P for sale. Got it for $275. It looks to be in pretty good condition. No disconnect so it should slam fire. It is all original from what I was told. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the Ithaca's though, so I will have to do some research. I just couldn't pass up the price. I'm pretty excited. Have seen a few of these lately and they are just sexy IMHO. From what I have seen, that is a smokin deal. Anyone else have one of these? How are they?

M. Sage
08-02-2006, 8:28 PM
I had a worn 20-gauge (not an M&P, though) for my first gun. I liked it. It was a nice shotgun No issues I know of, my dad hunted with a 12-gauge M37, too.

If you do, umm, forget, to take your finger off the trigger (fun!!!!)... just remember to be careful of hang fires.

Both were good shotguns, never had any trouble with either.

slowjonn
08-02-2006, 9:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I just love the looks of the 37. And I'll be careful with the trigger/ hang fires.:D

Black_Talon
08-03-2006, 5:09 PM
Yeah, I saw that one and wondered why it lasted as long as it did. I would have jumped on it myself if I didn't already have 4 or 5 of them. :) (BTW, it's got a 20" bbl on it, not a 19" as the ad said)

There's another guy at GB with one going for $510 right now, and his isn't in nearly as nice shape as the one you got. Typically they seem to go for around $350-400 these days.

email me if you have some specific questions about it.

slowjonn
08-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Black Talon,

Thanks for the help. I figured it was a typo ref the Bbl length. I was surprised it lasted that long as well. I'll let ya know if I have any questions when I get it. Thanks again.