PDA

View Full Version : New trigger on AR pistol? Worth it?

Swoop
01-02-2011, 2:02 PM
I'm building my dream Ar pistol.

Noveske lower, rra parts kit, Pws complete buffer pistol system, Pws mk107 diablo upper, Eotech xps or aimpoint micro r-1(thanks midwayusa!)

Is it worth upgraded to a geiselle ssa or ssa-E?

Would love some opinions, if your familiar with this upper it's extremely accurate even for a little gun!

hkdad
01-02-2011, 2:04 PM
timney trigger!

echang86
01-02-2011, 2:09 PM
Only have experience with the Geissele SSA. It is absolutely amazing. It's hard to go back once you make the switch. Light trigger pull, quick and solid reset.

As for your question if it's worth it, that all depends on how much you plan on shooting your AR Pistol. If it's one of those guns you can't go to the range without, then it's probably worth the investment.

B Strong
01-02-2011, 2:27 PM
Match trigger on an AR pistol seems like tits on a bull to me.

I could see building with an RRA two stage if you had one handy, but I wouldn't spend the money for a match unit.

AlliedArmory
01-02-2011, 4:10 PM
What is it going o be used for? For a match rifle yes go for it, for a ar for shooting steel or cqb, nah.

Swoop
01-02-2011, 4:58 PM
Not for match, everything else however

Grumpyoldretiredcop
01-03-2011, 2:00 AM
The Timney is nice, I have one on my "target" rifle lower. I wouldn't spend the money to put one on a pistol, though.

Swoop
01-04-2011, 5:35 PM
Keep in mind it's a top notch accurate pistol, lothar walthar barrel etc :), i followed some advise via pm and used some of my midway credit on one of the new geissele triggers call me crazy but well see!

WW2Buff
01-04-2011, 6:15 PM
What is it going o be used for? For a match rifle yes go for it, for a ar for shooting steel or cqb, nah.

That was well and nicely put. That's why I'm quoting you.