PDA

View Full Version : Owning a gun is not a right!

taperxz
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
A right is not registered, a right can not be locked up, a right does not have hundreds of laws telling you how, when and where you can exercise your right.

Therefore, as gun owners we have restrictive rights. We have a government that basically tolerates our desires and needs. A general populace that questions us, and laws that prohibit us. How can this be construed as a right? It can't!

We have a piece of paper that says we can have all kinds of things. Freedom of speech, religion, ect. These are rights that everyone has and uses daily without thought. Wonder what would happen if the government declared that one must register their religion with the state and upon registration, had to pay a $30 process fee to the dept. of religious beliefs and you had to pick a religion even if you had no beliefs! I just kinda wonder what would happen? How would people react?

Fjold
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
:lurk5:

sevensix2x51
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
im gonna start a petition that requires a thumbprint every time somebody wants to pray a rosary...

paul0660
01-02-2011, 1:00 PM
Don't know about all that, but perhaps there should be a fee for starting threads.......

brassballs
01-02-2011, 1:01 PM
:popcorn::banghead:

taperxz
01-02-2011, 1:03 PM
Don't know about all that, but perhaps there should be a fee for starting threads.......

I did have to register!

paul0660
01-02-2011, 1:06 PM
haha good one!

Chester
01-02-2011, 1:21 PM
... I just kinda wonder what would happen? How would people react?

People would do nothing. They might suggest that you could change things by voting, but that's as far it would go.

This is however, no longer the United States of America. It's some other nation, which is why the U.S. Constitution has no meaning here.

Tarn_Helm
01-02-2011, 1:40 PM
A right is not registered, a right can not be locked up, a right does not have hundreds of laws telling you how, when and where you can exercise your right.

Therefore, as gun owners we have restrictive rights. We have a government that basically tolerates our desires and needs. A general populace that questions us, and laws that prohibit us. How can this be construed as a right? It can't!

We have a piece of paper that says we can have all kinds of things. Freedom of speech, religion, ect. These are rights that everyone has and uses daily without thought. Wonder what would happen if the government declared that one must register their religion with the state and upon registration, had to pay a $30 process fee to the dept. of religious beliefs and you had to pick a religion even if you had no beliefs! I just kinda wonder what would happen? How would people react?

Someone just had a (non-religious) epiphany.

Welcome to reality.

How long had you been living in the Matrix?

"If you ain't cop, you're little people," as Harrison Ford's character is told by Captain Bryant.

Congratulations on just now realizing you're 3 feet tall in the eyes of the law of this land.

Happy Freakin' New Year.

guntntteacher
01-02-2011, 1:50 PM
That's because the liberals took over the educational system. They promote their agenda early so they will grow faster.

Uriah02
01-02-2011, 2:03 PM
Welcome to the club, is the rant over?

johnthomas
01-02-2011, 2:17 PM
You have a great point. The general populace however would not agree.
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

scarville
01-02-2011, 2:18 PM
Welcome to the party, pal.

taperxz
01-02-2011, 4:19 PM

Sorry for those who thought this was a rant or that i've been in a matrix.

We have seen health care pass and get directly into the courts in states that refuse to accept Obama care, (because they have the money to fight)

People who are gay are getting close to being able to marry. They demonstrate, donate, and fight tooth and nail for that right.

Now with that being said, I think there are at least 50,000 registered members on calguns.net. You can't assume everyone is pro 2A just for signing in.

In 2009 it is my understanding that CGN took in a little over $50,000 in donations. OK lets call it a buck a person for that year!!! As owners of firearms that have computers i find it hard to believe that our gun rights in CA are only worth a buck a year.

Now i am not telling anyone how to help here but am really looking for ways to really find how we can make these politicians and judges wake up!

Ya, you can laugh and ask what can you do? I can tell you i write letters, make phone calls, donate money ect. I don't mind cause you don't know who i am anyway.

What we don't need is complacency, What we don't need is "OMG how am i going to get ammo now? And, what are you going to do for me so i can get ammo?"

I know what i am going to do! I will continue to write letters, make phone calls, and donate. (more than a buck!) I might just call my state reps and let them know that i am going to enjoy going out of state to go on my ammo spree 3 times a year. Sorry CA doesn't get that tax money State Senator xxx. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site and i am not trying to knock anyone. I do think with a community this large though that CGF should have been able to take in more funds for all concerned.

Like i asked earlier what would you do if it was your freedom of speech or religion they wanted to take?

VegasND
01-02-2011, 5:51 PM
You could probably balance the CA budget if you'd include a small fee ...
im gonna start a petition that requires a thumbprint every time somebody wants to pray a rosary...

For a year or so ...

Tarn_Helm
01-02-2011, 9:57 PM
. . . Like i asked earlier what would you do if it was your freedom of speech or religion they wanted to take?

I would strongly encourage others to march in the streets and create a massive ruckus on a daily basis (while I studied my options from a silent, stealthy position of cover and concealment).

Have a nice day.

See you at the revolution (and it will (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaRtqrlGy8) be televised).
:84:

rimfire78
01-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Well obviously, that 50k only came from some of us, and those who have donated gave more than $1.

CDFingers
01-03-2011, 6:19 AM
That's a pretty appropriate rant there, taperxz.

Send lawyers, guns, and money.

CDFingers

resident-shooter
01-03-2011, 8:08 AM
I personally find it histerical how people say "there will be a war if the government tries to take away our guns". Um yes, oh course. They banned full autos, standard capacity mags, so called assault weapons, then handguns. By the time they will take away the final, remaining, breech loading single shot shotguns, there will be nothing left to fight with but sticks and rocks. Good luck, losers !

J.D.Allen
01-03-2011, 9:25 AM
I personally find it histerical how people say "there will be a war if the government tries to take away our guns". Um yes, oh course. They banned full autos, standard capacity mags, so called assault weapons, then handguns. By the time they will take away the final, remaining, breech loading single shot shotguns, there will be nothing left to fight with but sticks and rocks. Good luck, losers !

Thankfully most of the rest of the country is NOT the PRK my friend...;)

Capt_Communist
01-03-2011, 9:35 AM
I say we blame Canada

N6ATF
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Thankfully most of the rest of the country is NOT the PRK my friend...;)

Exactly. And if you believe the rest of the nation's CA-bashing, they'll just sit back and toast marshmallows over us while we burn. We're not a part of the U.S., after all.

bohoki
01-03-2011, 3:31 PM
i'd love to see a group peaceably assemble without a permit in a public place

Wherryj
01-03-2011, 5:22 PM
People would do nothing. They might suggest that you could change things by voting, but that's as far it would go.

This is however, no longer the United States of America. It's some other nation, which is why the U.S. Constitution has no meaning here.

I had somehow never made that logical jump. Our legislature and judiciary bsolutely and utterly ignoring the Constitution suddenly makes complete sense.

wash
01-03-2011, 6:43 PM
As a person who joined a religion for $30.00, that is a pretty good deal (the best I could find).

The figures for CGF donations in 2009 are a bit misleading. CGF was brand new and only accepting donations for a short time in 2009 and CGN didn't have 50,000 members either. I'm sure they have done much better in 2010.

The Electrician
01-03-2011, 6:46 PM
Haha good stuff!!!

taperxz
01-03-2011, 6:52 PM
As a person who joined a religion for $30.00, that is a pretty good deal (the best I could find).

The figures for CGF donations in 2009 are a bit misleading. CGF was brand new and only accepting donations for a short time in 2009 and CGN didn't have 50,000 members either. I'm sure they have done much better in 2010.

Point was 30 bucks goes to the state to register your affiliation and my numbers on members was not for CGN but for the forum that sports 62,340 registered users. I hope they have done much better in 2010, but more is better:D

Barkoff
01-03-2011, 7:07 PM
I think that in order to prevent drunk driving everyone should be allowed only 10 gallons of fuel per week, only after being fingerprinted. Furthermore since most DUIs occur late evening, I propose a driving curfew for all after 11:00PM, unless one shows good cause for a driving permit after 11:00PM...how am I doing?

hoffmang
01-03-2011, 8:40 PM
Point was 30 bucks goes to the state to register your affiliation and my numbers on members was not for CGN but for the forum that sports 62,340 registered users. I hope they have done much better in 2010, but more is better:D

We have but that doesn't mean we don't need more. Freedom isn't free.

-Gene

ChuckBooty
01-04-2011, 8:13 AM
hWiBt-pqp0E

NoJoke
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Heard an interesting bit on Rush's show yesterday (wasn't rush, some Brit was talking)
We've become the age of "now"
No thinking of the future.
No thinking of the past....and that damn hard to understand Constitution.
It's all "what's in it for me now"
Narcissism.

People sitting quietly not wanting to get in the way or exposure or speaking out in cases of injustice.

Register for religion?
Go ahead, nobody will say anything. :(

vincewarde
01-04-2011, 2:22 PM
.....now understand that the 2nd Amendment is just as fundamental as all of our other constitutional rights. One or two have even taken up gun rights cases.

HOWEVER - please do not think that the 2nd Amendment is the only one under fire. A close second goes to the 1st Amendment's freedom of religion clause. It is increasingly being infringed. Pleasant Hill tried to regulate home Bible studies. When I was a pastor in Antioch they tried to prohibit any new "religious assemblies" in the downtown area - non-religious assemblies were just fine. The SCOTUS has ruled that government can declare your place of worship to be an historic landmark and the regulate both it's use and expansion - and they do not have to provide one cent of compensation. Not to mention the fact that increasingly laws that require people of faith to violate both the tenets of their religion and their conscience are being upheld by the courts.

Sadly, we may get to the point where providing a thumb print upon entry to a church, synagogue or other place of worship would not be seen as unreasonable or unconstitutional.

vantec08
01-04-2011, 2:38 PM
Well put, vince. I frequently ask antis how they would like to have to register their "letters to the editor" or some other forum with the gubmint and pay a tax (fee) for it. Many of them dont get the 1st amend. - 2nd amend. connection and simply say "thats stupid." well, DUHHHHH

Smokeybehr
01-04-2011, 3:19 PM
Heard an interesting bit on Rush's show yesterday (wasn't rush, some Brit was talking)

Not "some Brit"; that was Canadian Mark Steyn, and one of the most conservative people that you could ever meet. He's a regular fill-in host on multiple talk shows on both TV and radio.

Pred@tor
01-04-2011, 3:25 PM

Yeah I hate filling out those defacto 4473 gun registration forms to ask the ATF if I can buy a gun from a dealer. Makes it a granted privilege but in California I was treated a whole lot worse when buying from a dealer. Then the silly background check which don't address the problem of criminal misuse of guns. Unless you buy private party well then technically you have what seems to be "no rights."

hawk81
01-04-2011, 4:21 PM
I feel you. Don't forget, they are also supposed to be god given rights.

five.five-six
01-04-2011, 4:22 PM
Owning a gun is not a right! (

well duh!! if it was, Obama would have passed a law buying guns for everyone... like healtcare

[/thread]

diginit
01-04-2011, 5:19 PM

Can we say that here? Hell, Kids can't even fly our own flag in OUR country. Heaven forbid... wear a red white and blue T-shirt. It's time for REAL change.

Ding126
01-04-2011, 5:40 PM
A right is not registered, a right can not be locked up, a right does not have hundreds of laws telling you how, when and where you can exercise your right. Therefore, as gun owners we have restrictive rights. We have a government that basically tolerates our desires and needs. A general populace that questions us, and laws that prohibit us. How can this be construed as a right? It can't! We have a piece of paper that says we can have all kinds of things. Freedom of speech, religion, ect. These are rights that everyone has and uses daily without thought. Wonder what would happen if the government declared that one must register their religion with the state and upon registration, had to pay a $30 process fee to the dept. of religious beliefs and you had to pick a religion even if you had no beliefs! I just kinda wonder what would happen? How would people react?

I'm sure many people and races feel the same.

Manic Moran
01-04-2011, 6:17 PM
A right is not registered

Is voting a right in this country?

Odd. Why should I rely on a right given by something I don't believe in? Doesn't sound like a winning legal argument to me.

NTM

Manic Moran
01-05-2011, 3:32 AM
It is not like someday the national guard will surround your house and take that vote with them.

That wasn't the question. The statement was 'a right is not registered'. Most people around here seem to approve of the concept of registering to vote, and proving that you're registered to vote before voting. That seems a bit contradictory.

As for winning legal arguments, God did not give homosexuals the right to marry, so prop 8 came down from heaven like a lightining and broke their necks. God-fearing SCOTUS upheld that holy decision. Same goes for 2A

I have absolutely no idea if you're being satirical or not.

NTM

shy 7th
01-05-2011, 9:54 AM
...Wonder what would happen if the government declared that one must register their religion with the state and upon registration, had to pay a $30 process fee to the dept. of religious beliefs...

I'm sorry, your desired religion is not on the California Safe Religions Roster.