PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Yugo 7.62x25mm by the case.

joeypounds
01-02-2011, 9:32 AM
I have seen it for sale in 70 round quantity boxes, but I want a full crate/tin. All that seems available is the cracked neck polish. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

HskrVern
01-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I have seen it for sale in 70 round quantity boxes, but I want a full crate/tin. All that seems available is the cracked neck polish. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

j&g has some.

Mssr. Eleganté
01-02-2011, 11:08 AM
...but I want a full crate/tin...

I think the reason nobody is offering the Yugo by the crate/tin is because the crates of Yugo 7.62x25 hold 3150 rounds (45 boxes of 70). This makes them too heavy to ship via UPS or FedEx Ground. The max weight limit on a package containing ammo is 66 lbs. Anything over that and you lose the ORM-D exemption and it has to be shipped as a full on HazMat with all of the extra paperwork and fees. Also, UPS and FedEx Ground don't accept HazMat packages weighing over 66 lbs. anyway.

joeypounds
01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
From J&G website:
Late production Yugoslavian 7.62X25 Tokarev FMJ ammunition. Brass case, copper bullet (does not attract a magnet), Berdan primed, and is Corrosive. Bullet does not attract a magnet. Comes in 70rd boxes, and are NOT in sealed tins.

I really would like a case to go with my Yugo 7.62x39mm crate.
Maybe I could find a crate at a gunshow.