PDA

View Full Version : p90 help

mobilereef
01-02-2011, 8:38 AM
I was trying to break down a ruger p90 last night, and being that I have never done this and did not have access to the internet, I am thinking I should have waited because after pulling the slide catch out, it feels like the slide is now "stuck" in closed possition. I pushed the slide stop back in and it still is stuck, and I can t do anything with it. HELP!!!!

Please and Thanks

nickvig
01-02-2011, 8:44 AM
Some of the Ruger P series have a lever inside the frame. Pull the slide back until you can lock the slide back and press the lever down into the frame. It will click and you should be able to remove the slide.

mobilereef
01-02-2011, 8:59 AM
I would love to do that...but the slide is "STUCK" as mentioned.

nickvig
01-02-2011, 9:01 AM
Figure out a way (LOOK) inside the magwell with a flashlight and see if you see the lever I'm talking about. If you don't see it (it doesn't have one) I have no idea how to help. If you do see it (it does have one) then figure out a way (screwdriver, chopstick, coat hanger) to pull it down so you can move the slide.

Have a nice day!

sniper4usmc
01-02-2011, 9:07 AM
what happens if u pull the trigger? slide dont move at all?

mobilereef
01-02-2011, 9:08 AM
Thanks for trying! I did just look down the barrel and I can just see the pin, thats it!

mobilereef
01-02-2011, 9:12 AM
No it does not move. I just got the slide stop out again and the slide moves about a 1/4 inch now, but still feels stuck. the trigger will pull, but it does not feel right at all.

mobilereef
01-02-2011, 9:14 AM
After looking up the magwel, I do not know what I am looking for. There is some sort of metal plate up in there with two holes. Is that what I am trying to pull forward?

railroader
01-02-2011, 10:08 AM
After looking up the magwel, I do not know what I am looking for. There is some sort of metal plate up in there with two holes. Is that what I am trying to pull forward?
The metal plate is the ejector and it is hinged at the bottom. It needs to be tilted forward when the slide comes off. You can probably use a wire to tilt it forward. For future reference to take the slide off lock the slide back. Now remove the mag. Tilt the ejector plate forward. Now release the slide slowly and line up the marks on the frame and the slide. While the marks are lined up push the slide stop out. The slide should now come off the frame. Mark

mobilereef
01-02-2011, 11:12 AM
thanks you guys. I appreciate it. With money so tight, this saves me big time!