PDA

View Full Version : a hard decision for me

racky
01-02-2011, 12:31 AM
EDIT: whoops, i just realized this is in the gallery section. can a mod please move this. thanks.

so i was able to find a garand and a mosin m44. the garand was $550 and the mosin was $165. from what i can tell, both were in excellent condition and the stocks have been beautifully refinished (matching numbers). i have the cash to afford the garand. here's the dilemma: with the garand, i can only afford to shoot it MAYBE monthly. with the mosin, i can pretty much shoot it all the time. i mostly want the garand for nostalgia purposes because i'm an american and the m1 screams "american." but with the mosin, i'll be able to shoot it alot more. what do you think? buy a garand that i'll shoot occasionally or buy a mosin that i would shoot consistently?
side note: i have my AR and AK that i shoot extensively so i'm already satisfied with my rifle trigger time that i put in monthly. i'm leaning more towards the garand.
thanks in advance.

jimmykan
01-02-2011, 1:04 AM
I feel like a Garand for $550 is a better deal than a Mosin for $165. The Garand receiver alone is worth a couple hundred, right? And everything else, except the op-rod, is fairly easy to find replacement parts for. Who cares if you don't get to shoot it often, it's for nostalgia purposes.

River Jack
01-02-2011, 1:25 AM
Garand.

johnthomas
01-02-2011, 1:32 AM
Go for the Garand. Save up for a hundred dollar mosin from big5, you can re-finish it yourself if you want. You know you don't want to shoot modern ammo in the Garand, right? CMP has it for 96 dollars for 192 round tin.
http://www.thecmp.org/ammosales.htm

semperfidelis354
01-02-2011, 2:00 AM
Garand all the way, if I found that kind of a deal it wouldn't even be a question.

America... F*!@ YEAH

semperfidelis354
01-02-2011, 2:00 AM
Garand all the way, if I found that kind of a deal it wouldn't even be a question.

America... F*!@ YEAH

jms
01-02-2011, 6:14 AM
With that price take the Garand, you got others to shoot anyway.