PDA

View Full Version : So for old mosin, Just cash and carry for PPT?

cyrus
01-01-2011, 6:05 PM
So for old mosin, Just cash and carry for PPT?

Thanks.

NYY
01-01-2011, 6:23 PM
IF it is older than 50 years old, YES. ONLY if it is face to face.

Mssr. Eleganté
01-01-2011, 6:25 PM
IF it is older than 50 years old, YES. ONLY if it is face to face.

No legal requirement for the transaction to be face to face, but it can be difficult to determine if the buyer is allowed to receive the firearm unless you check their ID in person. The buyer needs to be at least 18 years of age and a California resident.

NYY
01-01-2011, 6:35 PM
^^ true, my bad. FTF is just more, comforting :D

rjf
01-03-2011, 2:51 PM
For through the mail sale. Ask for a copy of the drivers license and ship to that address.

ocspeedracer
01-03-2011, 2:56 PM
For through the mail sale. Ask for a copy of the drivers license and ship to that address.

What you mentioned would screw me, as I haven't lived at the address on my Drivers License in almost 4 years and DMV doesn't give out new ones for an address change or those brown cards anymore.

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2011, 3:02 PM
If it is being sold by an 01 or 07 FFL, it would need to be DROSed and the 10 day wait still applies.

Mssr. Eleganté
01-03-2011, 8:00 PM

And pray that it is a real photocopy of a Driver's License and not a Photoshop job done by some 14 year old kid. :p At least ship it UPS "Adult Signature Required". It costs a few bucks more, but the firearm will need to be signed for by an adult. You may not be shipping the firearm to the person you think you are, but there's less of a chance you'll ship it to a minor.