View Full Version : FN/Browning 1922

01-01-2011, 2:49 PM
Anyone elses have one? Shoot it regularly?

I was having jamming issues with mine and recently put a new (and much stiffer & longer) magazine spring in, and seemed to have taken care of the problem. After that I replaced all the springs in it and polished the top half since the bluing wasn't good on it anymore, but still good on the rest of it.

Took it out yesterday again, and it shot nearly a box with no problems and is pretty accurate.

01-01-2011, 4:54 PM
I recently acquired a Colt Pocket pistol which is a JMB's design too I have yet to shoot it but the sell said its good to go! Gotta love the classics! I had a thread on it but I can't wait to go get it tomorrow!

01-01-2011, 5:25 PM
my dad has a mdl 1910, (shorter barrel), fired it years ago, didn't have issues. now you make me want to take it out. thanks

01-01-2011, 5:29 PM
nice gun btw I love the old school pocket pistols they're awesome. My next one is gonna be the savage

01-01-2011, 6:52 PM
Another thing I might add is watch the bullets when you are loading the magazine - it's easy to get one in that is tilted down slightly at the lead end and the rest fill follow suit. May add to jamming issues.

01-01-2011, 7:40 PM
I have a really nice 1910. Great shooter, 100% reliable with fmj ammo and good accuracy considering its size and that is has a sight groove. I testoted mine a while back with new grips, found new mags, amd had it refinished.

01-01-2011, 7:41 PM
Restored, that is. Damn small BB buttons and big thumbs:)