PDA

View Full Version : Firearms in statehouse, New Hampshire

vantec08
01-01-2011, 6:33 AM
http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/12/robert-farago/firearms-should-be-allowed-in-every-state-house-in-the-u-s/

Cant say I go with the whole article, but this part intrigues me: "Truth be told, I LIKE the idea of nervous politicians."

SanPedroShooter
01-01-2011, 8:20 AM
Common practice in TX. They have a special line for CHL holders. So thats a double wammy slap in the anti's collective puss. Not only can you carry your gun, but you get moved through security faster.

vantec08
01-01-2011, 9:04 AM
Love it, brent. Past time for politicians and bureaucrats to do the worrying.

N6ATF
01-01-2011, 9:37 AM
Guns in statehouses are kind of useless unless Article III, Section 3 offenders are actually prosecuted after being citizen arrested.

CSACANNONEER
01-01-2011, 9:40 AM
Can anyone say "Black Panthers"?

HondaMasterTech
01-02-2011, 4:50 PM
The law will be repealed.

dfletcher
01-02-2011, 5:50 PM
http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/12/robert-farago/firearms-should-be-allowed-in-every-state-house-in-the-u-s/

Cant say I go with the whole article, but this part intrigues me: "Truth be told, I LIKE the idea of nervous politicians."

IIRC about 2 years ago Democrats in the NH legislature slipped through the ban using a parlimentry manuever - I wouldn't be surprised if the current law is repealed. I suspect quite a few of the NH Democrats were transplanted from MA, they may be now gone.

SanPedroShooter
01-02-2011, 7:22 PM
I wouldnt want anyone to be nervous about my CCW (except criminals) in fact i dont want anyone to know i am even carrying. Although, if an armed citizen presence reminds politicians of their duty.... well so be it.
Carrying in the capitol is a matter of principle, something TX seems to understand.
I think the bp's displayed poor judgment in trying to create a show of force inside the capitol building. The repercussions of which we are still dealing with today.

locosway
01-02-2011, 9:22 PM
Their argument is, "They said visitors include school children who should not be exposed to guns in the Statehouse". If this was the case, shouldn't all LE inside the courthouse also not have firearms?

You know, it's for the children...

N6ATF
01-03-2011, 12:10 AM
It is for the children... to be indoctrinated that only the .gov should have guns.