PDA

View Full Version : Permanent threadlocker

Cold Iron
08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
To make the use of red Loctite as a threadlocker illegal to lock the mag in place it appears that the DoJ will have rewrite the dictionary to change the meaning of permanent AND Loctite's use of the word also. http://www.superkleendirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=796 Do lawyers use some dictionary other than the ones we all have? As has been said before, permanent is NOT irreversable. Also, why must I make permanent an alteration which I may legally reverse if I remove the evil features?

grammaton76
08-01-2006, 1:12 PM
Heh. For some reason, I thought this was a thread about trying to see how quickly the thread could get locked. :)

C.G.
08-01-2006, 4:29 PM
Heh. For some reason, I thought this was a thread about trying to see how quickly the thread could get locked. :)

LOL, so did I.:D

SemiAutoSam
08-01-2006, 5:10 PM
Do lawyers use some dictionary other than the ones we all have?

Now that you mention it YES they do and it comes in various versions,

Theres Blacks, Ballantine's, or Bouvier's and maybe a few more blacks is up to their 8th version.

and words do mean different things to attorneys then they to to your average joe sixpack.

there are common meanings and there are legal meanings. and the two do not cross.

CWM4A1
08-01-2006, 5:23 PM

That's a good one. So I figure if I use some F words here, B words there and S words somewhere... Wait, that will just get myself locked, not the thread.:D

Back on topic. I wonder if I take the fix mag built to a gunsmith and have them spot weld the mag lock kit, does that count as permanent fix :confused:

BPA
08-01-2006, 5:41 PM
I would think something like green metal adheasive would be more on par than red loctite as far as being permanent.

James R.
08-01-2006, 6:11 PM
Now that you mention it YES they do and it comes in various versions,

Theres Blacks, Ballantine's, or Bouvier's and maybe a few more blacks is up to their 8th version.

and words do mean different things to attorneys then they to to your average joe sixpack.

there are common meanings and there are legal meanings. and the two do not cross.

Yeah just ask Bill Clinton, I'll bet the word, "is" is highlighted in his copy ;-)

Regards,

James R.

eviioiive
08-01-2006, 9:58 PM
loctite black max....