PDA

View Full Version : Take the American Riflemens Pledge! (Print out and sign and Live It)

pennys dad
12-31-2010, 9:44 PM
Take the American Riflemens Pledge! (Print out and sign and Live It)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting this minute, I pledge to reach down deep inside myself and wake up that sleeping American, the Rifleman.

I pledge to get my sleeping American to the range, so he can learn to shoot.

I pledge I will reach out to my friend, my coworker, my relative, to wake up their sleeping American.

I pledge I will do whatever it takes to help my friends, my coworkers, my relatives learn to shoot as Riflemen, to preserve our tradition of marksmanship for future generations.

I pledge to get active in the soft war, the struggle for freedom at the soap box and the ballot box, now.

I pledge to persist, to not give up, to be in this for the duration, to adopt as my motto ďNever Give Up!Ē

I pledge to plant seeds of marksmanship and freedom whenever and wherever I can, understanding I may never know the results.

I pledge to form a rifleman club and to build a range, if necessary.

I pledge that I understand I cannot do it all myself, nice as that would be, but that I will need help, and I will get that help by enlisting others in the fight.

I pledge to recruit whenever and wherever I can, understanding some will be better as shooters, some better as recruiters, some as teachers, some as fund-raisers.

I pledge I will PERSIST. [So important, you need to pledge it twice.]

This pledge given voluntarily on this ____ day of _______, 2011 and if I fail to live up to it, I understand I can lose my firearms, my freedom, and my country. So help me God.

/s/_________________ (American Patriot)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/article.asp?ITEM=31

G-Man WC
12-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Jacob, After reading your posts about Appleseed for the past few months, I pledge to take my son to the Jan Appleseed event in Castro Valley (NorCal) and go until we both receive a rifleman patch. We all owe it to the founding fathers, to ourselves, and the nation to get back to our roots and purge the filth that has infected our once great nation. Tech-Sights and slings were ordered today -g
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=378197&highlight=gunny

devilinblack
12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Maybe somewhat unrelated, but I've read about the appleseed events but I wonder, as someone who went through the US Army Infantry School, regularly qualified as Expert with the M16A2 and earned the Expert Infantry Badge, do I have anything to gain by going to an appleseed event?

Chester
12-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Why bother learning to shoot better if you still think voting in this nation, that was once called The United States, carries any weight.

I pledge to do all of the above however, so that I may better be prepared to water the tree of liberty with the blood of the men and women who have the audacity to call themselves Americans while they see the Constitution as nothing more than an obstacle to their ends.

cbn620
12-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Maybe somewhat unrelated, but I've read about the appleseed events but I wonder, as someone who went through the US Army Infantry School, regularly qualified as Expert with the M16A2 and earned the Expert Infantry Badge, do I have anything to gain by going to an appleseed event?

As someone who hasn't gone to an Appleseed event but knows a little about them I'd say yes, even if not in the department of only shooting skill. And if not you may be able to help others to learn to shoot even half as good as you do.

cbn620
12-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Why bother learning to shoot better if you still think voting in this nation, that was once called The United States, carries any weight.

I pledge to do all of the above however, so that I may better be prepared to water the tree of liberty with the blood of the men and women who have the audacity to call themselves Americans while they see the Constitution as nothing more than an obstacle to their ends.

That's a pretty negative attitude....

pennys dad
01-01-2011, 8:15 AM

Short answer is Yes

Longer answer is: This is 3 position, slinged, rack grade rifle, surplus ammo Riflemen training with American Heritage showing you why. You can shoot a 1 or 2 day Appleseed. But there is a quick way to determine if you would benefit from the Appleseed.

Print the attachment, go to a range, place the target out 25 yards and from a prone position (or whatever you are comfortable with) fire 10 rounds at the black in 30 seconds. If you can do this, then you are a Riflemen and dont need the Appleseed, if you can't come join.
On a side note if you can do it, come anyways and learn some of your Heritage and get some quality shooting time in and bring a friend. Oh active military and reservist shoot for free

pennys dad
01-01-2011, 8:29 AM

So consider something different. The Appleseed program is built around re-awakening the American Riflemen in you and me, it is also built around the idea that what you learn and perfect you can teach to others. All this has a purpose, a simple game of numbers.

http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/article.asp?ITEM=35:

Let's see, if we start with a hundred riflemen, and everyone would recruit one
person a month for 12 months, here's how the numbers pan out.

In one month, we double to 200 riflemen.

In two months, we double again to 400.

Month 3, we're up to 800.

Month 4, up to 1600.

Month 5, it's 3200 riflemen.

Month 6, , the half-way point, sees us at 6400.

The seventh month, and we're at 12,800.

The eighth month, 25,600.

Month 9, we hit 51,200.

Month 10, up to 102,400. ("Hey, Fred - that's those 'hundred thousand
riflemen' you say can save the country, if we can ever find 'em!")

Month 11, we're now up to 204,800.

And month 12, not too far shy of half-a-million, at 409,600.

Not bad for a year.

But people have to pull their weight.

Have to recruit one person a month.

To save the country?

Doesn't seem like much effort to put out for a noble cause like that, now, does it?

Of course, we can let the doubling process roll for another month and
hit 819,200. Heck, let's let it run an extra week after that, so we hit a cool ONE MILLION...

One million riflemen is a lot of people. Enough to swing the
balance of power in national elections.

Voting Isnt dead, we just need to fan the ember

415shooter
01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I plan to go to Appleseed shoots until I get rifleman, and then bring others.

pennys dad
01-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I plan to go to Appleseed shoots until I get rifleman, and then bring others.

Post your Riflemen score with a picture of the qualifying target and the date in the Riflemen Roll Call, shoot me a PM and I will need a SASE to send you some cool Calguns swag! or maybe i can send it by mail will see.

pennys dad
01-02-2011, 3:56 PM
A Rifleman knows that persistence is critical in all endeavors, especially when it comes to waking up their fellow countrymen.

hk404me
01-02-2011, 4:55 PM
Hey Jacob,

GREAT post! NEVER give up is certainly true in the current 2A situations in Cali. Havenít missed an election since 1976 (yeah I know, Iím old). I will live the pledge. Would also like to do an Appleseed, but am somewhat apprehensive as my rifle skills are MUCH worse than my handgun skill. Mental mostly I think.

Thanks for the post!

hk404me

753X0
01-02-2011, 5:48 PM

Only one of two things can happen, You shoot a rifleman score first try, or you don't.
There's only one way to find out.

pennys dad
01-02-2011, 8:19 PM
Hey Jacob,

GREAT post! NEVER give up is certainly true in the current 2A situations in Cali. Havenít missed an election since 1976 (yeah I know, Iím old). I will live the pledge. Would also like to do an Appleseed, but am somewhat apprehensive as my rifle skills are MUCH worse than my handgun skill. Mental mostly I think.

Thanks for the post!

hk404me

Come on down and shoot. The idea is that you can potentially go from never shot a rifle to a riflemen in a weekend. They will show you the basics and drill you till you are awesome!

pennys dad
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
A Rifleman knows that "Talk" is not what secures Liberty for himself and family, it is "Doing".

sevensix2x51
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
so, im going to the one in san diego at the end of the month. do i need that web sling for sure? my gi silent sling has always been "good enough," at least for me. im ready to show these folks what a determined lazy goof with a rusty marlin 39a is capable of! and will i be able to zero there, or should i already be zeroed beforehand at 25yd for both rifles? just want to get all the eyes and tees dotted and crossed...

SwissFluCase
01-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I highly recommend this program. I shot next to two vets and a bunch of newbies who really enjoyed it.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

AndrewMendez
01-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I need to get to one of these. I am just going to have to sign up and do the damn thing.

G-Man WC
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, I must say that the speed that I received my slings and sights from Tech-Sights was rocket fast. I ordered them Friday Morning and they showed up today. AppleSeed, here we come! -g

RobT2K
01-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Post your Riflemen score with a picture of the qualifying target and the date in the Riflemen Roll Call, shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you some cool Calguns swag!

I like Calguns swag, but I don't have my target anymore, I made rifleman awhile ago. I could send a pic of my shooting jacket with rifleman patch and my CA rocker I earned in Piru at the end of an RBC.

RobT2K
01-04-2011, 12:38 AM
so, im going to the one in san diego at the end of the month. do i need that web sling for sure? my gi silent sling has always been "good enough," at least for me. im ready to show these folks what a determined lazy goof with a rusty marlin 39a is capable of! and will i be able to zero there, or should i already be zeroed beforehand at 25yd for both rifles? just want to get all the eyes and tees dotted and crossed...

As long as you can use the sling like they teach as a loop sling for stability it should work. If not there is a army/navy surplus store in el cajon that usually has the GI slings in stock for under 10 bucks.

I would try and zero it before you get there otherwise the first part of saturday will have you trying to zero instead of working on your steady hold factors.

postal16
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8688.0;attach=1088 5;image

I am not sure where my target is, but here I am getting my patch and orange IIT hat (which I intent to use this year and have the red hat be end of 2011).

Score 211 on 4/16/09 and baceomt he 100th Rifleman in California

stix213
01-04-2011, 3:09 PM
I pledge to that list, except the starting my own gun range one is a little steep

pennys dad
01-04-2011, 7:53 PM

I have never seen the silent sling send me a picture of it in full length.
Otherwise I would use the web sling.
You will do some sight in but you should do some sight in before.
Get the web sling :-)

pennys dad
01-04-2011, 8:00 PM
pictures of jacket with rockers and patch and the above are ok. Send me your addresses

Rock6.3
01-04-2011, 9:28 PM
We could use a Rifleman or Appleseed Instructor designation in our profiles or avitars

ja308
01-04-2011, 9:46 PM
RWVA.org has an appleseed store --lots fun stuff including a Rifleman lapel pin .
These Rifleman patches are showing up at lotsa places --- saw a cute gal wearing one on a orange vest at Walmart ---- didnt ask if she was buying ammo .
JA308

resident-shooter
01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
I pledge to support Obama and gun control for the sake of creating a Nazi state. :hide:

pennys dad
01-05-2011, 5:45 PM
A Rifleman knows that his children, grandchildren, and generations to come, are relying upon him to pass on a better America than the one he inherited.

415shooter
01-06-2011, 12:56 AM
hey Jacob, I have a one point sling, or a 3 point. Obviously the 1 point is out, I think I can use the 3 point as a 2 point but I'm not sure. Help....

I've also never really fired my rifle, kinda have it zeroed. I just need to not be broke to buy the ammo

NewMoe
01-06-2011, 2:36 PM
About three years ago, My Wife handed me an ad in the local paper about the Appleseed project. It sat around for a couple of months and like any good husband i ignored it. Then one afternoon i thought I'll give it a try, see what this is about and it will be a good time to try out my new AK. $70.00 plus range fees, nice and close sounds good. The class was to say, the least, two weeks worth of training in two days, My skills went from above average to pretty darn good, the history sucked me in, I had no idea of the sacrifice our founders made for our freedoms. But I did not make Rifleman
So I needed to go back, this time I'll take a couple of friends.. Nope still didnt qualify, seems that some of us need a scope to put the "sight" on the same plane as the intended target, But i improved and the 210 bar was oh so close. Back again this time
for Fathers day, brought friends and My Son (BEST FATHERS DAY EVER !!!!) If you want to spend quality time with the Kids this is one of the best weekend you can invest in.
They will either get hooked as mine did or hate you eternally either way you can't lose (IMHO). Also found out My son has the same issue with eye sight so a scope was added to his rifle later in the Month. Third time and proper equipment was the charm I posted a 216, 217, and 220, It was suggested that I loan my scoped rifle to My Son, His scores shot up to 190's, he was so close to Rifleman but the time Monkey came in and it was time to call it a weekend. Our next event (Yes I glady accepted an Orange hat and became an IIT) was at West End Gun Club, My Son had his newly scoped rifle and was ready post a 210 and did, yes he also accepted an orange hat and is also an IIT. But from a fathers point of view there is no better way to keep involved with the Kids than a program like this one.
The key is getting off the couch, putting down the remote, grabbing some friends or family and coming out to an event. The history alone is worth the money but the class pays for it's self in ammo not wasted when your at the range later on.

Write Winger
01-06-2011, 3:00 PM
Resident shooter, you're just looking to get pommeled aren't you lol

resident-shooter
01-06-2011, 5:03 PM
Resident shooter, you're just looking to get pommeled aren't you lol

Who told u :D

pennys dad
01-06-2011, 8:06 PM
We could use a Rifleman or Appleseed Instructor designation in our profiles or avitars

I dont see why not

pennys dad
01-06-2011, 8:11 PM
hey Jacob, I have a one point sling, or a 3 point. Obviously the 1 point is out, I think I can use the 3 point as a 2 point but I'm not sure. Help....

I've also never really fired my rifle, kinda have it zeroed. I just need to not be broke to buy the ammo

Get one of these off ebay: USGI .308, 7.62 M1A Current Issue Nylon Rifle Sling they sell for cheap. Or go to an Army surplus and get it for even cheaper. You will do some sighting in at the event and they will help you and tech you a few things while you are sighting in.
If you want a hand before the shoot I can post a 25 meter target that you can take to the range and practice with.

pennys dad
01-07-2011, 8:18 PM
A Rifleman knows that there are times that he must do, even when he does not want to do.

NewMoe
01-08-2011, 7:21 PM
Here are some links to help at your first event:
The lobby, most of the questions about us are answered here.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=170.0

The 2011 schedule, (yes we have one near you, with more ranges added all the time)
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php

And the store
http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/index.php

Yes we believe that a weekend with the Kids at the range beats a weekend at Dismal land.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=275.0

Hope this helps.

pennys dad
01-08-2011, 7:24 PM
So let’s start planting seeds. And start with YOU, as the first one. The first step:

TAKE THE PLEDGE

pennys dad
01-09-2011, 5:56 PM
These words were written, to be read at the dedication of a monument, that stands to commemorate those brave men, women and childeren who grasped their destiny and stood fast against Tyranny, in 1775, on April 19th. With their blood, they secured our Liberty.

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled;
Here once the embattled farmers stood;
And fired the shot heard round the world.

pennys dad
01-10-2011, 6:59 PM
The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps,
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream that seaward creeps.

zoglog
01-10-2011, 8:19 PM
http://lolcat.com/pics/tldr.jpg

no thanks, I'm not much for cheesy rhetoric.

pennys dad
01-11-2011, 6:32 PM
I pledge to recruit whenever and wherever I can, understanding some will be better as shooters, some better as recruiters, some as teachers, some as fund-raisers.

pennys dad
01-12-2011, 8:54 PM
I pledge I will PERSIST

pennys dad
01-13-2011, 5:22 PM
The Rifleman Radio Show Tonight 7:00PM Central. You can log on to the show as it airs live at 7:00PM Central time by going to www.blogtalkradio.com/AppleseedRadio