View Full Version : Mossberg Tactical .22 Question

12-31-2010, 8:35 PM
I'm having trouble finding aftermarket stuff for this rifle.

Anyone know if there are any barrel/trigger upgrades out there?

I'm tempted to snatch one up but would like to have the option to make at least modest upgrades.

01-01-2011, 11:58 AM
well it certainly has enough rails. I have yet to see one with magpuls multi-colored rail covers, I *think* it would look good. Cant tell if the trigger guard is standard replaceable. Whats wrong with the stock trigger? Never felt it myself.

01-01-2011, 12:06 PM
It's pretty new. So, the after market companies have yet to decide if it'll be worth the R&D and production costs yet. What's wrong with the OEM trigger and barrel?

01-01-2011, 2:20 PM
Didn't say anything was wrong, it actually seems like a sweet rifle for the price. I just like the option to modify. I am rarely indefinitely satisfied with anything "as is". Maybe I'm a control freak.

Before someone beats me to it, yes, it sounds like I should go with the Ruger 10/22. But, this Mossberg is so cheap and cool "out of the box".

01-01-2011, 6:42 PM
IDK maybe you can replace the front sight post with Tapco's bright colored or a Hi-Viz. That simple $30 (hi_viz) or $5 (Tapco) mod makes a world of difference when I shoot at the black colored Shoot-nc targets. Im budget minded so I dont replace what aint broke. You could always spend extra money on ammo and work on being a great shot. And rails, that thing has enough rail you can attach just about anything. Hell, since a standard mil spec bayonet wont fit you could put one of those rail mounted bayonets. Or an airsoft GL or Masterkey. Skies the limit on how hideous one can make it with those crazy rails.

hash browns
01-01-2011, 8:02 PM
AFAIK, that rifle is based off of the Mossberg Plinkster, so you may find existing cross-compatible modifications and upgrades available for this tacticool .22