PDA

View Full Version : HK USP EXPERT, Elite etc

ap3572001
12-31-2010, 8:57 PM
I carry a USP 45 off duty for a little while now. Recently , at the range I tried an Expert in 45 and 40 and Tried an Elite.

Those guns shot REALLY well! How come I never hear much about them?
I would like to hear some comments about HK USP Long Slides.

donger
12-31-2010, 9:06 PM
In regards to both models:

1. Match trigger. While not a true "Match" trigger, the triggers are surprisingly crisp and resettable.

2. Longer sight radius. More so on the Elite.

3. Heavier than the standard USP.

steelcore
12-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Expert and Elite also have o-ringed barrels, supposed to help with follow-up

bobfried
12-31-2010, 10:40 PM
They shoot nice, but nothing quite like a Match though.

To this day I am most accurate with a Match when it comes to HK's, nothing else comes close except maybe the tactical but speed and accuracy the Match is the one to get if you can find it.

Massappeal
01-01-2011, 2:35 AM
I have the elite and love it! very accurate, unique and I think a collector item eventually. :Ivan:

B Strong
01-01-2011, 5:54 AM
I swear by my Expert in .45:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7668/taclighted45s.jpg

Over 5K rounds down ther pipe, the only problem was eating O-Rings. I smoothed the inside of the slide a bit, and lubed the rings in white grease, and that solved the problem.

Mine has the adjustable nights. Very bright and easy to pick up quick in twilight or dark. The only add-on I'm going to pick up will be a light one of these days.

joelogic
01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Because its an outsider compared to 1911s and Glocks. People hate on their price.

oddjob
01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I have a USP 45 and a USPc 9mm. The full size USP is just too big for me to carry (retired leo) plain clothes. I would carry either for uniform duty though.

Your right about the accuracy though.

virulosity
01-01-2011, 8:19 PM
I have owned all of them. The only one I kept was the Expert. The Match is too heavy with the weight on. The expert and elite weigh close to the same, but the expert balances better. They all shoot pretty much the same (the frame and trigger is the same). Most people probably don't like the ergonomics of the USP, you just have to get around the fact that you can't hold it thumbs high like Todd Jarret preaches, you have to tuck your strong hand thumb so it doesn't interfere with the safety. Of all the polymer framed handguns I have fired, I think the USP (target series) is the highest quality feeling.

NERVOUS
01-01-2011, 8:52 PM
Of all the handguns I have ever handled, the one I choose to grab when something goes bump in the night is an H&K USP Expert chambered in .45 ACP (with an H&K UTL attached).

The reason you probably don't hear much about the H&K USP Expert and/or Elite is because they are produced in relatively lower quantities and sold at a higher price point compared to their more generic Standard and Compact counterparts.

I own several H&K USP pistols including: Tactical (.45 ACP), Expert (.45 ACP), Elite (.45 ACP), and Match (.45 ACP)... They are all great weapons; especially the Match which can be used as a blunt object once you run out of ammo! ;)

ap3572001
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Of all the handguns I have ever handled, the one I choose to grab when something goes bump in the night is an H&K USP Expert chambered in .45 ACP (with an H&K UTL attached).

The reason you probably don't hear much about the H&K USP Expert and/or Elite is because they are produced in relatively lower quantities and sold at a higher price point compared to their more generic Standard and Compact counterparts.

I own several H&K USP pistols including: Tactical (.45 ACP), Expert (.45 ACP), Elite (.45 ACP), and Match (.45 ACP)... They are all great weapons; especially the Match which can be used as a blunt object once you run out of ammo! ;)

If I get an Expert, how much trouble is it to carry? Right now I carry USP 45 full size off duty in Ted Blocker high ride holster. Thank You

NERVOUS
01-02-2011, 12:44 AM
If I get an Expert, how much trouble is it to carry? Right now I carry USP 45 full size off duty in Ted Blocker high ride holster. Thank You

The Expert slide and barrel are slightly longer (i.e. < 1")... Unfortunately, I've never actually carried a gun in a holster before so I'm not sure how much of a difference the slightly longer slide and barrel are going to make. Sorry.

sirgiles
01-02-2011, 1:02 AM

if its a closed ended holster like most of his concealment holster, it will not fit.

eccvets
01-02-2011, 5:29 AM
I carry a USP 45 off duty for a little while now. Recently , at the range I tried an Expert in 45 and 40 and Tried an Elite.

its cuz most people cant afford them and/or dislike HK's for some odd reason. If you can, try out a mark23 :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGiaZVRVbOE

Thats not me in the youtube video but I can put 2 bullets in to the same hole at 20 feet :D. It's a type of gun which makes you look good. accruacy for all of them are outstanding, better then most people can shoot them.\\

note:the longer hk's are nearly as long as a DE...

ap3572001
01-02-2011, 1:03 PM
its cuz most people cant afford them and/or dislike HK's for some odd reason. If you can, try out a mark23 :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGiaZVRVbOE

Thats not me in the youtube video but I can put 2 bullets in to the same hole at 20 feet :D. It's a type of gun which makes you look good. accruacy for all of them are outstanding, better then most people can shoot them.\\

note:the longer hk's are nearly as long as a DE...

I see. They don't like the price, compare to what?
I see very nice pre-owned HK USP pistols selling in the 600-750.00 range.
There are new ones in an 800.00 range all day long.
An MSRP on an Expert in .45 or .40 is around 1300.00

People are paying 1200-1500.00 for 1911's from Springfield and Kimber. (not even custom models) .

I noticed that HK always gets complaints about the price....

mike100
01-02-2011, 1:10 PM
I had a 45 Elite. It got incredible velocities with 45 at 900-1000 fps with the long polygonal bbl. 3-3/4# trigger was just right and the bbl lockup was good and tight. Incredible groups.

The pistol had no soul and the USP isn't great for action shooting, but the main reason I no longer have one is that back in 2008 I had to scrape up a little bit more money for a new Corvette I bought at the time.

spike spiegel
01-02-2011, 1:13 PM

A lot of people feel they are over priced for what they are. I shot my buddies mark 23 the other day and it was nice, but I don't know if its $2000 nice.

B Strong
01-02-2011, 1:15 PM

People are paying 1200-1500.00 for 1911's from Springfield and Kimber. (not even custom models) .

Polymer pistols for real steel prices get's people up in arms, and I can't blame them.

A USP, with selective double/single action innards isn't demonstrably more complicated than a Glock or an XD, but is suignificanly more expemsive, street price to street price.

Compare the G30 v. the USPc, and the difference is even more apparent.

I was able to get my Expert before the dollar tanked, and even then it was $400.00 more than my Kimber TLE/RL II, and $400.00 less than my Baer TRS - to my way of thinking, there's no way that the pistol should even be in that price range - I paid $350.00 for my G35 used, put in a Barsto and a trigger kit and the thing shoots just as accurately as the Expert and is just as reliable.

Having said that, I love the Expert and my P7M8 - I just understand that I'm paying for more than just utility and reliability.

thatsteveguy
01-02-2011, 1:24 PM

Take a look at the Elite's and Expert's being offered at CDNN. In the latest catalog they were offering them BNIB at $900 plus minimal shipping. I believe they were even offering a free front night sight on the Expert too.

steelcore
01-02-2011, 1:48 PM
That's a great price. I picked up my new USP 45 today. Paid $850 for an unfired 2009 model ($949 with tax and DROS). That's the best I could find without compromising fuel cost or paying shipping. $900 plus minimal shipping should come out the same, if you don't have taxes.

hkdad
01-02-2011, 2:07 PM
Expert all the way. one of the most accurate .45 out of the box! 2nd to the SIG 220 ST of course.

indiscriminatejustice
02-04-2011, 4:10 PM
I have a usp .45 expert it was my first gun and its my favorate gun but i recently had an unfortunate insidant where i was shooting and the frame cracked allmost in two down the handle. could of been a doubble charged round or a case fail im not sure really. anyone here know what I can do to have it repaired by hk. I have read the warrantee in detail but was wondering if anyone knew the process or how exactly i could get the best results from hk.

X-NewYawker
02-04-2011, 4:14 PM
Because its an outsider compared to 1911s and Glocks. People hate on their price.

This

indiscriminatejustice
02-04-2011, 4:15 PM
I know that telling hk that i use reloads is not the way to go but its pretty obvious that something was amis from the gapping hole in the handle and the crack thats all the way along the side of the handle. if i cant get it warranted does anyone know if i can get a new frame for it? Ive never seen them sold.

huckberry668
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I love my Elite but not quite the Expert. My Tactical & Elite in 45 shoot 1" to 1.5" 5-shot 25 yards groups on sandbags like it's nothing while the Expert in 45acp won't group less than 4" at the same distance with the same ammo. I maybe sending it back. my 40 cal Expert shoots well too.

I like the USP line but there are 3 things I don't like about the USP/Elite/Expert/Tactical:
1. over priced, nothing made with plastic, rubber o-rings that don't even have a picatinny rail is worth $1000.
2. slide is way too massive and sits too high.
3. did I mention no picatinny rail? I hate the proprietary crap. whoever designed the rail on the USP should be taken out and shot. what, you don't know the standard Weaver base has been around for almost 100 years?

eccvets
02-05-2011, 4:04 AM
their all great guns but most broke as$s cant afford them. Haters gonna hate!

P.S. if you think those guns are great, try a MK23. That .45acp recoil feels even less with the heavier slide. It's fun putting 2 bullets thru the same hole :)

i<3HK
02-05-2011, 9:14 AM
their all great guns but most broke as$s cant afford them. Haters gonna hate!

P.S. if you think those guns are great, try a MK23. That .45acp recoil feels even less with the heavier slide. It's fun putting 2 bullets thru the same hole :)

Love my MK23, but back to the OP, Match isn't that heavy to me, it's like the Sig P220 Sport, But in your case, the expert would best fit you.