PDA

View Full Version : Got my C&R :)

stover
12-31-2010, 2:17 PM
Got my C&R in the mail today. :) I even made my 1st purchase (kind of) I was at the Big 5 getting a new pair of shooting glasses when I spied a M91/30 with bayonet and cleaning kit it was in nice shape too. Too bad the ATF is closed for the holiday now. They are holding it for me and I get to pick it up on Monday. :)

morrcarr67
12-31-2010, 2:29 PM
Sweet have fun shopping. :devil:

Croweman08
12-31-2010, 3:09 PM
just wait till you experience that heaven sent place ran by the devil.......GUNBROKER!!!!!

stover
12-31-2010, 3:16 PM
just wait till you experience that heaven sent place ran by the devil.......GUNBROKER!!!!!

Oh Yeah! I already have made 20 copies of my C&R and ready to start faxing to everyone. :)

89 Vision
12-31-2010, 3:21 PM
Congrats you lucky dog you. Out of curiosity, when did you send in your application? ATF took my money back in late September or early October, and still no C&R. I'm thinking it either got lost, or there's a big magnifying glass over my head. :(

stover
12-31-2010, 3:39 PM
Congrats you lucky dog you. Out of curiosity, when did you send in your application? ATF took my money back in late September or early October, and still no C&R. I'm thinking it either got lost, or there's a big magnifying glass over my head. :(

IIRC, I sent it in November. I'd give them a call.

Low-Pressure
12-31-2010, 4:06 PM
Congratulations! Time to buy a gun safe, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll realize the quantity of your firearms keeps multiplying :).

stover
12-31-2010, 4:09 PM
Congratulations! Time to buy a gun safe, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll realize the quantity of your firearms keeps multiplying :).

Yeah. Soon. The one I have now is just about full already. May need a 2nd just for the C&R toys. :D

cruddymutt
12-31-2010, 4:37 PM
Got my C&R in the mail today. :) I even made my 1st purchase (kind of) I was at the Big 5 getting a new pair of shooting glasses when I spied a M91/30 with bayonet and cleaning kit it was in nice shape too. Too bad the ATF is closed for the holiday now. They are holding it for me and I get to pick it up on Monday. :)

FYI, you still have to do the 10 day wait if you buy a Mosin from Big 5. Unless you also have your COE.

oakiepokie
12-31-2010, 6:58 PM
just curious, what are the steps for C&R and is it an easy process?

OHOD
12-31-2010, 8:10 PM
Congratulations!
Let the collecting begin! I bought my first MN last night with my C&R.
Too easy, waaaaay tooooo easy.
I think I'll be poor for a while.

OHOD
12-31-2010, 8:11 PM

I sent mine out in September and it took exactly 12 weeks.
I wonder if moving from state to state has anything to do with it?

Anchors
12-31-2010, 10:51 PM
FYI, you still have to do the 10 day wait if you buy a Mosin from Big 5. Unless you also have your COE.

+1.

SoCal Bob
12-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Congrats!, welcome to the club.

Cokebottle
12-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Log into the BATFE web site and order the application (order 2 or 3 in case you screw up).
No charge for the application.

Fill out the application in duplicate.
Mail one copy to your CLEO (local police chief or county sheriff).
Mail the other copy to the BATFE with a check for $30 (or is it $33?).
Make a list of who you are going to send the FFL to.

Optional:
Download and complete the California COE application.
Take it to a LiveScan operator
Pay the fee and mail the application in.
The COE will be around $100 including the Livescan, it's $22/year to renew. The C&R renews every 3 years.

Ron-Solo
12-31-2010, 11:40 PM
FYI, many C&R dealers will not accept a faxed copy. Be prepared to mail some the old fashioned way.

You will love AIM Surplus and J&G Sales. Welcome to the world of C&R. It is addicting.

Cokebottle
12-31-2010, 11:51 PM
FYI, many C&R dealers will not accept a faxed copy. Be prepared to mail some the old fashioned way.

You will love AIM Surplus and J&G Sales. Welcome to the world of C&R. It is addicting.
Yup.
Some won't accept a faxed copy, and some will accept a cell phone photograph "txt'd" to them ;)

Anchors
01-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Yup.
Some won't accept a faxed copy, and some will accept a cell phone photograph "txt'd" to them ;)

Who accepts that :]
haha.

I think the no faxing is dumb because you are sending a xerox copy to them anyway so it really doesn't matter. It could be faked the same way in both cases. If I had an FFL 01 I would accept faxed/scanned email 03s.
I wish I could be an importer/manufacturer. Like Century, but try a little harder.

morrcarr67
01-01-2011, 7:38 AM

Very easy just download these forms, fill them out and mail them in with your $30 payment. In just a few months you too will be broke like the rest of us. :D

ATF ATF F 5310.16 (Form 7CR) — Application for License (FFL) Collector of Curios and Relics

Below you will find links to all the required documents that are necessary to ensure a complete application. Applicants may print forms on standard white paper. In addition to the below documents, applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16.pdf

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

Cokebottle
01-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Who accepts that :]
haha.

I think the no faxing is dumb because you are sending a xerox copy to them anyway so it really doesn't matter. It could be faked the same way in both cases. If I had an FFL 01 I would accept faxed/scanned email 03s.
I wish I could be an importer/manufacturer. Like Century, but try a little harder.
The copy being sent is a photocopy, but the photocopy still has a "wet" signature vs the fax being a.... facsimile.

Cokebottle
01-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Very easy just download these forms, fill them out and mail them in with your $30 payment. In just a few months you too will be broke like the rest of us. :D

ATF ATF F 5310.16 (Form 7CR) Application for License (FFL) Collector of Curios and Relics

Below you will find links to all the required documents that are necessary to ensure a complete application. Applicants may print forms on standard white paper. In addition to the below documents, applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16.pdf

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf
They are back to accepting the download forms?
Last March they were only accepting the "green" copies.

morrcarr67
01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
They are back to accepting the download forms?
Last March they were only accepting the "green" copies.

Yup, started taking the downloads again in about October.

Anchors
01-01-2011, 2:53 PM
The copy being sent is a photocopy, but the photocopy still has a "wet" signature vs the fax being a.... facsimile.

Yeah I know, but does that realistically change anything? Anybody with a pen can sign a piece of paper too.

Yup, started taking the downloads again in about October.

Yeah. When I did it I had to wait and wait for the green copies. So long that I called the Santa Ana field officer and the lady mailed me out the green copies and I got them wayyy before the distribution center got mine out to me.
I had my C&R by the time the green copies came.
Glad it is back to downloadable though.

gotthelife4u
01-03-2011, 8:24 PM
I have stupid question. I am getting all of my paperwork together and I wanted to know if I have to also send it Form 5330.20 along with Form 5310.16.

OHOD
01-03-2011, 8:33 PM
I have stupid question. I am getting all of my paperwork together and I wanted to know if I have to also send it Form 5330.20 along with Form 5310.16.

Looks like you need to send both in at the same time.
Look at Form 5330.20.
The first sentence is that you must send the certification in at the same time as the application or you will not be allowed to apply.

gotthelife4u
01-03-2011, 8:37 PM
Looks like you need to send both in at the same time.
Look at Form 5330.20.
The first sentence is that you must send the certification in at the same time as the application or you will not be allowed to apply.

I figured that was the case. I just wanted to be sure.