PDA

View Full Version : C&R disappointment

smle-man
12-31-2010, 1:46 PM
Bought a Spanish M43 rifle from a bloke on Gunboards. The exterior looked great in the photos and the bore was described as shiny and no pits. It arrived today and guess what; yep, pitted from one end to the other, dark grooves and the lands are pitted also. It is a shame because the exterior looks great. Waiting to hear from the seller on my request to send it back. I hate when people do this as it wasn't an honest mistake.

nemisis1400
12-31-2010, 2:06 PM
that place have something like the negative feedback we have here? pretty much the only thing you can do

morrcarr67
12-31-2010, 2:31 PM
Man that sucks. :cuss:

Interloper
12-31-2010, 5:34 PM
Dang that sucks. Can you link the FS thread so we can see it? Also interested in who the other member is.
that place have something like the negative feedback we have here? pretty much the only thing you can do
Not really. There's a separate sub forum for negative feedback. You would need to search a member's name to see any negative feedback. I'm sure if a member get's a bad reputation they get banned though.

Anchors
12-31-2010, 5:43 PM
That is lame man.
I hope he gives you a full refund plus shipping and if not I hope he dies in a fire.
Gun owners should work together toward common hobbies/goals, not screw each other over.

berg
12-31-2010, 5:46 PM
I hate that! I bought a 1950 Long Branch C No.4 mk1* Enfield that was almost perfect on the outside and the bore was a sewer. The seller claimed it was like new. Made me sick to my stomach when I hit it with a bore light.

Interloper
12-31-2010, 6:04 PM
An intentionally vague description is bad enough...and completely failing to mention a defect is pretty heinous. But to out and out lie is an unforgivable sin.

Anubis Laughed
01-01-2011, 4:00 PM
Ouch! You have my sympathies! That happened to me once a few years back. Traded with another guy for a US Model 1917 Eddystone rifle, which he said had an excellent, strong & bright bore. Turned out to be dark as pitch and very, very worn out & pitted. :P No way it could have been an honest mistake, one quick look told me all.

Hopefully the guy will make work it out with you for a partial refund to compensate for the bad bore, or even a full return & refund. Always give them a chance to make good.

But if not, be sure to leave feedback in the Neg feedback forum there. Let others know to avoid him like the plague.