PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 home build

Shady
12-31-2010, 12:18 PM
instead of buying a 10/22 and then modding everything

I would like to build a match grade one from the ground up starting with a 80% receiver

please let me know the best direction to go it

so I dont waste any money buying crap

thanks

papafloyd
12-31-2010, 2:53 PM
The first thing I would do is head over to rimfirecentral.com, it is the elite rimfire forum. You can look thru the gallery of custom rifles and get lots of ideas, and lots of knowledgable people to answer questions. Not to take away from our forum here but RFC forums are really based on the rimfire so there's more content.

trob
01-01-2011, 8:45 AM
The first thing I would do is head over to rimfirecentral.com, it is the elite rimfire forum. You can look thru the gallery of custom rifles and get lots of ideas, and lots of knowledgable people to answer questions. Not to take away from our forum here but RFC forums are really based on the rimfire so there's more content.

this is the best advice you can get. Calguns is great, but the majority of people here learned what they know from RFC.

smbob
01-02-2011, 9:24 AM

+2!
There are a bunch of forums over at RFC on just the 10-22 alone.
Lots of great folks over there. They will get you going in the
right direction with this.

Robert

_Z_
01-02-2011, 9:38 AM
don't worries you guys, I pmed Jeff the link to rimfire so he can start to look up the million different options for the 10/22

GUNNTZ
01-02-2011, 9:43 AM
Do you have a budget set or sky's the limit? Lots of good stuff made by kidd industries.

ego 08
01-05-2011, 8:34 AM
Shadyjeff, i would start with a stock 10/22 reciever, i did one of the 80% builds but it has the picatany rail machined in it. With the stock reciever you can put a 20 MOA rail on it for shooting longer distance. The 80% one shoots fine but i put a Tac-Sol barrel on it for Steel shoots, I think going with the stock reciever a KIDD barrel, bolt and trigger with the Boyds Tactical stock would be the best set up. I have the Volquartsen Fusion, it shoots really well but is pricey. Anyway you look at it it's going to cost around 1000.00 with a scope to have a Tack driver 10/22. Hope this helps

FJ40 CRUZR
01-05-2011, 9:21 AM

this is the best advice you can get. Calguns is great, but the majority of people here learned what they know from RFC.

+2!
There are a bunch of forums over at RFC on just the 10-22 alone.
Lots of great folks over there. They will get you going in the
right direction with this.

Robert

All great advice, i am trying to build a 10/22 as well, however, over on RFC you can't even post or do anything for 30 days after you register, and when i registered and sent an email I got no response. Why, I don't know, it suks when you have questions and can't place a simple post to ask advice. Oh well there is alot of info and knowledge though.

Just have to wait ... :rolleyes: