PDA

View Full Version : For non-resident permits, are there any limits or guidelines for cost?

voiceofreason
12-31-2010, 11:41 AM
http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

New Hampshire raised theirs from $20-$100 6 months ago.

$20 to $100 is a BIG jump.

Not debating whether it's worth it or not. Just wondering about guidelines and such.

dantodd
12-31-2010, 12:10 PM
It is a state's rights issue. There may be some limit that the courts will ultimately find but the cost burden of non-resident permits will likely never be heard. I would expect shall-issue nationwide and reciprocity via "full faith and credit" clause to effectively moot the question.

Speaking of which I wonder if a gun friendly state, Montana, Nevada, Alaska, etc. might be interested in filing a suit against CA for reciprocity of resident permits. Such suits go straight to SCOTUS and could get us national reciprocity very quickly.

Purple K
12-31-2010, 1:24 PM
Dan, excellent idea!

N6ATF
01-01-2011, 1:49 AM
Speaking of which I wonder if a gun friendly state, Montana, Nevada, Alaska, etc. might be interested in filing a suit against CA for reciprocity of resident permits. Such suits go straight to SCOTUS and could get us national reciprocity very quickly.

http://www.pharfruminsain.com/Graphics/images/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

:43:

Jack L
01-01-2011, 7:23 AM
It is a state's rights issue. There may be some limit that the courts will ultimately find but the cost burden of non-resident permits will likely never be heard. I would expect shall-issue nationwide and reciprocity via "full faith and credit" clause to effectively moot the question.

Add AZ to that list. CA gave AZ the stink eye this year for it's politics. I am sure they think CA is a state full of anal retentive anti everything.

The 'Good Cause' issue surely needs to be settled here. It's odd how local Sheriff's freak out about letting many of us not have a CCW permit yet statically those with CCW's have not caused any problems. It's a political fear tactic and makes the lame public think the Sheriff is oh so on top of things. PATHETIC!