PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good AVI editor

Dubious_Beans
12-31-2010, 8:45 AM
I want a simple but good AVI editor to process video from my security cameras.
I just want to be able to select chunks of video and trim and splice them. Also would like to be able to resize from 704 x 480 down to 352 x 240.
The ability to do some brightness & contrast correction would be good, but not an absolute necessity.

Free would be nice, but I'm willing to pay a small sum for a good program.

Does anyone have any good recommendations? There's about a zillion programs to choose from and I'd rather not have to download and audition too many...
Please recommend something you've actually used and like.

BanjoGunner
12-31-2010, 9:13 AM
I use avidemux (http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/) under fedora linux for exactly the kinds of tasks you describe. I see there is a windows version available too and although I haven't actually used it, if it's similar to the linux version it is probably pretty good.

ldivinag
12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
windows has windows movie maker free...

Dubious_Beans
01-01-2011, 8:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Well, shoot... I didn't even realize that there was such a thing as "Windows Movie Maker", or that I already had it on my computer. :o It seems to do what I need for now, so I guess the search is over before it really started.

I also downloaded Avidemux and gave it a try, but something about the video from my gate cam chokes it and it won't work right. It sounds like build 2.6 may solve that problem but it's not available for windows yet.

Anyway Windows Movie Maker works fine and it was right there under my nose all along. Thanks for pointing me to it.