PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience with Riflegear - *Now with a Happy Ending!*

The Sauce
12-31-2010, 8:59 AM
I want to say first that I was a RifleGear customer long before this event happened. I have bought my share of guns, uppers, parts and accessories from them over the last year or so...This is where I bring all my newly addicted BRD friends when they want to start building their own ARs...but this last experience leaves me hesitant to give them any more of my business.

It all started when I saw that they had the Spike's Tactical Zombie lowers on sale. It was a cool looking lower at a great price, plus it gave me an excuse to go to Riflegear (I had been wanting to make a trip down there to fondle the Sig P556 SWAT) so I made the choice to buy one. I called them and they informed me that there were none left in stock, but they were expecting more in the next few days. They said I could come in, pay for one to claim it and start the DROS. Sweet! So I went down there with a buddy of mine (he wanted one, too) and lo and behold, the gentleman behind the counter pulls up 3 in stock! We tell him that the woman on the phone said that there were none left and that we were there to put 'dibs' on the incoming ones, but he assured us that these were available for sale. Needless to say, we looked the lowers over, completed the paperwork, paid, and waited the 10 days.

Ten days later, we come in to pick up and they cannot find our lowers. Apparently our initial feelings were right, the lowers that we were 'sold' were actually spoken for...and not available for sale. The gentleman behind the counter (different guy) broke the news to us that they made a mistake and actually sold us lowers that were already sold, so we had nothing...but there was a new shipment coming in the next day, so ours would be set aside when they come in. We were obviously very annoyed and angry at this, but hey...mistakes happen. So we agree to come back and pick ours up when the next shipment comes in, but we also made a last minute decision to each buy one more for a total of 4 lowers, 2 each. (We brought our gf's to Riflegear that day and they wanted to build Zombie ARs, also). We were assured, again, that there were plenty of lowers coming in, and that we could add the extras to our current DROS and pick up same day. Ok, so now i'm stoked again. We paid again and left.

I had some other stuff going on the next day so I didn't have time to pick up, but I went in the day after. I showed them my paperwork and ID and the gentleman behind the counter (same guy that sold us the sold ones the first time), goes in the back and comes out with one of my lowers. I look it over then tell him I bought two and show him the other receipt. He goes in the back...and comes out a little later to tell me that they were all sold out and there wasn't one set aside for me. Apparently they, again, had sold me something that was already sold...or sold one that I bought. At this point i'm REALLY pissed off. I can't imagine something like a firearm [reciever] getting lost or being unaccounted for, especially with all the paperwork we have to fill out.

So i'm told there's another shipment coming in next month, and I can have one set aside for me in that lot, but i'm already so mad that I just cancel it and just pick up the one I had in hand. I almost asked for refunds on both lowers...but I actually really wanted mine. In hindsight, I should have picked mine up and ask that they comp the DROS fee on the other one when it comes in...because my gf was next to me and was super bummed out that she didn't have one to build. But we just left both incredibly upset and short one lower.

This is VERY frustrating. Riflegear needs keep a sharper eye on who-buys-what, and what's-already-spoken-for. They managed to screw me up TWICE in one transaction. If you don't have it, don't sell it! It doesn't hurt to double check! The sad part is that I was going to buy the LPKs and other parts to build the ARs from them that same day...I was also planning on buying that P556 SWAT that I fell in love with while I was there. The apparent indifference from the folks behind the counter is what really sets me off. I understand that mistakes happen, but these are TWO VERY BIG mistakes, and it really leaves me wary of buying anything from them again.

So, Riflegear, when you read this please do something about how you guys handle these kinds of situations because if you make anyone else feel like I did, then you're just going to keep driving more customers away.

EDIT: HAPPY ENDING CONTINUED IN POST #9

T-Bear
12-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Not once but twice. Seems pretty hairy as well, the person in charge of records should pay more attention. Also with their new store, big huge warehouse that they would have a sold cage and a stock cage.

I;ll await RG response.

shark92651
12-31-2010, 12:04 PM
This is our bad, not making excuses, but it's not a matter of having a "sold" vs "stock" area in the cage, of course we already do that.

The problem was that the 2nd receiver you wished to add to your original paperwork was not in stock but we knew they were in transit so we sold you an additional one. A note should have been added to the paperwork to allocate a serial number when it came in. This is where the mistake happened - the clerk did not add the note so your paperwork did not go into the pile to be handled when the next shipment of Zombies arrived. Since these are in such high demand when they did come we allocated all the pre-sold ones to the paperwork that had the notes attached, but since your paperwork did not have the note it was not assign. Subsequently, the ones we had left over were all allocated and sold and then when you came in we discovered that the 2nd Zombie was not available for you.

Trust me, there is no indifference to this situation from us and I apologize if that is what you felt. We could have grabbed a lower that was allocated to another customer and given it to you, but that would just shift the problem to another customer and that would not be the correct action either.

Anyway, to make the situation right I have a zombie lower on my desk right now that I will sell to you and we will cover the DROS for you. This was a sale that was cancelled so I am holding it for you. I apologize for the situation and hope you will continue to trust us with your business. Please ask for me in the future if you feel you are not getting the service you deserve.

Regards,
David

sandman21
12-31-2010, 12:48 PM
This is how business deals with customers complaints. Some other companies might learn some lessons from RG.

Mac Attack
12-31-2010, 1:20 PM
I think that's a fine example of taking care of your customers....not bad for a Toad for Oracle kind of Guy ;)

T-Bear
12-31-2010, 1:28 PM
As noted customer service goes along way.
And I;ll be paying you guys another visit next weekend to buy some uppers.

Happy New Year,

woooooooohooooooo

The Sauce
12-31-2010, 2:09 PM
This is our bad, not making excuses, but it's not a matter of having a "sold" vs "stock" area in the cage, of course we already do that.

The problem was that the 2nd receiver you wished to add to your original paperwork was not in stock but we knew they were in transit so we sold you an additional one. A note should have been added to the paperwork to allocate a serial number when it came in. This is where the mistake happened - the clerk did not add the note so your paperwork did not go into the pile to be handled when the next shipment of Zombies arrived. Since these are in such high demand when they did come we allocated all the pre-sold ones to the paperwork that had the notes attached, but since your paperwork did not have the note it was not assign. Subsequently, the ones we had left over were all allocated and sold and then when you came in we discovered that the 2nd Zombie was not available for you.

Trust me, there is no indifference to this situation from us and I apologize if that is what you felt. We could have grabbed a lower that was allocated to another customer and given it to you, but that would just shift the problem to another customer and that would not be the correct action either.

Anyway, to make the situation right I have a zombie lower on my desk right now that I will sell to you and we will cover the DROS for you. This was a sale that was cancelled so I am holding it for you. I apologize for the situation and hope you will continue to trust us with your business. Please ask for me in the future if you feel you are not getting the service you deserve.

Regards,
David

This is the classic Riflegear service that I remember. Thanks, David..it is VERY much appreciated. I would not have been as upset if I got this response the last time I came in. I would love to take you up on your offer, especially since the gf still wants to have a matching AR.

I hope you guys don't take this as a Riflegear "bashing"...like I said, before this incident, I received the best customer service from you guys. I just wanted to bring it to your attention to prevent similar problems from possibly happening in the future. Thanks again, David and Riflegear for taking care of it.

97F1504RAD
12-31-2010, 3:26 PM
Good job Riflegear.

They are stepping up and taking care of you. Seems to me they just re-earned your business back.

OP maybe you can change the title of your thread to reflect them stepping up and taking care of you.

The Sauce
12-31-2010, 5:14 PM
Just got back from Riflegear and we got everything straightened out. Big thanks to David and Matt for really taking the extra steps to help me out, everything went smoothly and quickly today. Thanks a lot, you guys rock.

Good job Riflegear.

They are stepping up and taking care of you. Seems to me they just re-earned your business back.

OP maybe you can change the title of your thread to reflect them stepping up and taking care of you.

Sounds like a good idea. Done!

GMG
12-31-2010, 6:54 PM
I love happy endings !

shark92651
12-31-2010, 7:08 PM
I love happy endings !

Me too. And the year is ending as well, have a Happy New Years everyone!

comblock
01-02-2011, 7:14 PM
I love happy endings !

. . . ;)

high_revs
01-03-2011, 8:57 PM
great to hear the happy ending. :)

tucomp
01-10-2011, 8:57 PM
Happy Endings!? At RifleGear!? OTW!!

LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
01-10-2011, 9:48 PM
I love happy endings !

"gf wants a Zombie lower to build her own AR"?

Now that's a Happy Ending!

BoostedPenGuin
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Happy Endings!? At RifleGear!? OTW!!

I am so OTW! Any idea what they charge for this "happy ending?"