PDA

View Full Version : Question on selling a WWII Luger to CA resident?

Pvt.Joker
12-31-2010, 7:50 AM
I just wanted to confirm that as a curio and relic listed firearm, that a WWII Luger would be legal for me to sell to a California buyer on a Gunbroker auction without any issues on the list of approved handguns registry, correct? I am already registered with the CLFC site, so that shouldn't be a problem. I am in the process of listing my Kreighoff Luger and wanted to be able to add "California bidders welcome" but I wanted to confirm my understanding the handgun laws there first. Thanks. (Obviously it would have to transfer through an FFL or be shipped to a C&R license holder; but is the firearm legal there, period?)

NRAhighpowershooter
12-31-2010, 8:11 AM
yes, shipping the luger to CA is fine.. BUT it has to go to a 01FFL as CA law requires it, regardless of the buyer having a 03ffl.

Pvt.Joker
12-31-2010, 8:49 AM
OK; thanks. I wasn't aware of the 01 only requirement there. I appreciate the help. :)

hk91666
12-31-2010, 8:01 PM
OK; thanks. I wasn't aware of the 01 only requirement there. I appreciate the help. :)

C&R handguns are exempt for the approved list but as stated earlier must go through 01 FFL

Anchors
12-31-2010, 10:50 PM
But as a note for future sales you might make.
C&R rifles/shotguns over 50 years old can go straight to 03FFLs here.

devilinblack
12-31-2010, 11:53 PM
And thank you for taking the time to find out and for welcoming CA buyers. What a refreshing change!

hk91666
01-01-2011, 3:40 AM
And thank you for taking the time to find out and for welcoming CA buyers. What a refreshing change!

++1

Other C&R Issues are 10 rounds or less Detachable Magazine "if" Semiauto

The Thrill of being an 03 here in Kalifornia is finding ways within the law and still collect.