PDA

View Full Version : AB 962 (sorry to post)

BMartin1776
12-31-2010, 12:17 AM
I am trying to get up to speed on the law that will go in effect in Feb.
there is too much info being spun... I read the law and its pretty obvious its back door registration

1) how does the effect reloading?
2) can schwarzenegger rescind it before he leaves office even though he signed it into law if there is a large enough public outcry? (what if there is organized call in campaign utilizing TEA party tactics etc at Sacramento?)
3) wheres the NRA on this I asked at a gunshow and they didnt seem to have a handle only to say 1) lawsuits are pending and 2) one guy looked me dead in the eye saying Moonbeam is actually on gunowners side ??? (any truth to this?)
4) At that same gunshow I heard some guys actually say they will drive to NV and AZ and buy ammo, they would rather spend the extra money in travel expenses etc to avoid fingerprinting/ back door tracking this bill creates etc. Is this okay or will ppl be cuffed at the state line?

jtmkinsd
12-31-2010, 1:07 AM
there is too much info being spun... I read the law and its pretty obvious its back door registration

2) can schwarzenegger rescind it before he leaves office even though he signed it into law if there is a large enough public outcry? (what if there is organized call in campaign utilizing TEA party tactics etc at Sacramento?)
3) wheres the NRA on this I asked at a gunshow and they didnt seem to have a handle only to say 1) lawsuits are pending and 2) one guy looked me dead in the eye saying Moonbeam is actually on gunowners side ??? (any truth to this?)
4) At that same gunshow I heard some guys actually say they will drive to NV and AZ and buy ammo, they would rather spend the extra money in travel expenses etc to avoid fingerprinting/ back door tracking this bill creates etc. Is this okay or will ppl be cuffed at the state line?

1) It doesn't
2) No...he can't take it back
3) See here: http://www.nrapublications.org/a1f/AFFlead.html I would only agree with their assessment of Jerry Brown when compared to Kamala Harris...using that standard, "Moonbeam" is Charlton Heston.
4) There is nothing in the law which prevents residents from driving to another State to buy ammo and bring it back. :D

Librarian
12-31-2010, 2:24 AM
There are 2 AB 962 stickies in this forum:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=374467
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=374110

CaliforniaLiberal
12-31-2010, 3:07 AM

Welcome to CalGuns BMartin.

These are popular questions, have come up before.

!. Nothing in the law about reloading components.

2. It's a state law now and the Governor can't change it on his own.

3. NRA has fought hard on this one. Defeated an additional law this year that would have made it a touch worse. We have hopes for Jerry Brown, mostly for all the anti-gun stuff that he won't do. There is a lawsuit pending that is expected to produce a ruling Jan 18th, perhaps overturning the law. Stay tuned. If that lawsuit fails, there are a couple more waiting in the wings.

4. There are no laws about carrying any amount of ammo across state lines.

5. Quite a few mail order ammo sellers are saying they will sell NO ammo to California. They are interpreting a vague law carefully and going beyond the requirements of the law.

6. The law says it's about Handgun Ammo sales but neglects to define what exactly is and is not Handgun Ammo. Lots of confusion here.

Some gun owners will be willing to keep buying ammo locally, recording their fingerprint and info each time. There will be flood of handgun ammo buyer information and it's not clear yet how much trouble and how many LEO hours will be spent in wading through this info. I say there's a good chance that Handgun Ammo buyers will be lost in a sea of unused information. We'll see I guess.

OleCuss
12-31-2010, 3:42 AM
Handgun ammo is already disappearing from my local Walmart's shelves.

I'm becoming more and more furious at the governator and at the Democrats who sent the legislation to him.