PDA

View Full Version : Property in multiple states, xfer handguns to CA and 30-day wait period.

Knife Edge
12-30-2010, 5:38 PM
I have a residence in TX and in CA, California being my primary residence. I just recently brought back four handguns from TX and sent in the Firearm Ownership Record. By registering multiple handguns in this fashion, am I currently prohibited from purchasing a new handgun for 30-days after the DOJ processes the paperwork (that date will be unknown until I receive a confirmation letter)? These handguns were purchased in 2004 to 2006 time frame.

Thanks in advance.

Decoligny
12-30-2010, 5:44 PM
No, the 30 day rule is for purchases or transfersof ownership from one person to another. You already owned the ones you brought into the state.

dustoff31
12-30-2010, 5:46 PM
You should be GTG for a purchase.

DROS and registration are two different things. Registration is not considered a purchase.

stix213
12-30-2010, 6:10 PM
Even if you went and bought a gun from a private party in CA today you still wouldn't have to wait another 30 days. Only guns from dealer inventory start a 30 day clock is my understanding.

Knife Edge
12-30-2010, 6:23 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the quick response. I am becoming a huge fan of the members that make up Calguns. A local sporting goods store finally has the handgun on sale that I am very interested in.

Happy New Years! Here's to a better 2011!