PDA

View Full Version : I hate having a C&R license

OHOD
12-30-2010, 6:20 PM
Ha ha, the thread title was a bit of trolling!!:troll:

But with all seriousness, I made my first purchase with J&G and it was way too easy.
Because buying online is so easy, I will end up spending way too much money than I should.

Now I am an official Mosin-Nagant collector, I bought a hex receiver for $89.

The other day, I bought a Firearm Disposition Log Book. The one that you can put pictures in. So now I have to fill it up.

I'm not going to hate having a C&R, I'm going to hate being broke all the time.

I'll post pictures when it get's here, probably Monday or Tuesday.

morrcarr67
12-30-2010, 6:32 PM
Welcome to the land of the poor. :)

cruddymutt
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Congrats on your new Mosin. JG is a good place with very helpful people. I needed some specific parts for the k98 sniper in my avatar and they dug up all the parts I needed. Thumbs up to them.

SoCal Bob
12-30-2010, 10:44 PM
You're going to need a bigger safe :D:43:

Lucky Scott
12-31-2010, 9:52 AM
That is why I dont have one, I just cant control myself...........

It is bad enough right now!

laika
12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, but you hated waiting for it more! That's where I am!

steve91104
12-31-2010, 9:42 PM
Now I am an official Mosin-Nagant collector, I bought a hex receiver for $89.

I love it :D

jrtf83
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I came to this thread hoping for a reason to not get one and start buying MNs...

Flyin Brian
01-20-2011, 12:35 AM
I try to time it so the UPS truck shows up when my wife isn't home. I also keep a few M28s and 28/30s propped up around my gun room and I move them around a lot so she doesn't know which one goes where. A few days ago she came home right after the BBT left and I just got through stashing the shipping boxes in the attic... she came walking down the hall, looked in at me and asked "how many times are you going to take that same rifle apart??
:D:D:D:D

Munk
01-20-2011, 12:57 AM
I try to time it so the UPS truck shows up when my wife isn't home. I also keep a few M28s and 28/30s propped up around my gun room and I move them around a lot so she doesn't know which one goes where. A few days ago she came home right after the BBT left and I just got through stashing the shipping boxes in the attic... she came walking down the hall, looked in at me and asked "how many times are you going to take that same rifle apart??
:D:D:D:D

The sign of a true junkie. Hiding the signs from your loved ones, stashing evidence away from prying eyes. I think you might have a legitimate addiction.

Bo0tyBandit
01-20-2011, 2:44 AM
Welcome to the club... gett'em while their hot!!! :cool2:

Flintlock Tom
01-20-2011, 8:33 AM
Whatever you do, DO NOT get a home equity line-of-credit.
No.

SoCal Bob
01-20-2011, 9:50 AM
I came to this thread hoping for a reason to not get one and start buying MNs...

Mosins are the Lays potato chips of the C&R world, "Bet you can't buy just one."

DannyInSoCal
01-20-2011, 9:57 AM
I've got the bug also and grabbed two good finds off the classifieds. Now I find myself browsing GunBroker and other sites - And thinking "Well that's just to cheap NOT to buy it..."

Super Spy
01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Dude when I saw the title of this thread my first thought was the only thing to hate about a C&R license is how much money you spend....especially after living in this state with all the stupid laws and now you can MAIL ORDER GUNS! I hate it too...time to go buy another K-31.

big103
01-20-2011, 1:06 PM
Oh it`s only bad when you have one but no money to buy guns. That`s when it`s bad.:D

mauser98k
01-20-2011, 1:12 PM
Oh it`s only bad when you have one but no money to buy guns. That`s when it`s bad.:D

it's really bad when you don't have the money to spare and you still buy more guns.

so i had expired registration on my car for a while. no biggie. :cool:

olhunter
01-20-2011, 2:42 PM
Get your C&R on file at Aim Surplus and Century Arms. You get an account at Century so you get to see the prices and order.

When they get something good, it will only last a couple of days (EX cond Romanian SKS's for $299 come to mind).

Then, BAM, you just order it and wait for it to show up.

No muss, no fuss, no other paperwork. Way too easy. Ammo too. Easy with the C&R on file.

joefrank64k
01-20-2011, 8:53 PM
It makes things WAY too easy!!!