View Full Version : Curio Relic Handgun Question

12-30-2010, 4:42 PM
Can I buy a CR Handgun out of state and will a FFL take delivery of it and then do I need to register it to me?


Let me add a scenario.

Can I order a C&R Handgun from a Private Party out of state and have it shipped to a FFL to register it to myself?

Or do I need to get my own 03FFL License and how hard is it?

12-30-2010, 4:51 PM
The states I have visited will not sell to a non-resident unless you have a C&R license and the gun is a C&R handgun. If this is the case you would bring it back, download the form from CA DOJ, fill it out and send it and 19 dollars back to them. If this is not the case, you have to find a FFL here that will accept it, go to the other state, buy it and have them ship it to your FFL and yes, you will need to register and wait your 10 days.

12-30-2010, 5:08 PM
Here is the said form (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/curioapp.pdf) for registering you new C&R handgun when you bring it home.