PDA

View Full Version : 45 ACP - RWS or Blazer Aluminum?

mnh327
12-30-2010, 3:01 PM
If they're both the same price, is there a preference? I have no plans on reloading, so I don't want that to be a deciding factor.

morrcarr67
12-30-2010, 3:07 PM
If they're both the same price, is there a preference? I have no plans on reloading, so I don't want that to be a deciding factor.

RWS is well known in the pellet world for making a great product. I don't know what their ammo is like.

The CCI Blazzer is known for being a little "Hotter" load; hence the name Blazzer.

I would buy the RWS on name and collect the brass and sell it to someone that is going to reload. It will make your cost even less. :D

roushstage3
12-30-2010, 3:14 PM
Some people give Blazzer a bad name. I have used it and have not had any issues. Like you I don't reload.

nimbus
12-30-2010, 3:15 PM
My guns liked RWS better.

Khram
12-30-2010, 3:16 PM
Might as well get the brass cased stuff if same price. If this ammo is repackaged Hungarian MFS brand ammo I did get a bad lot of .45 and 9x19 by them 10 years ago. Not all RWS ammo is German or Swiss. I've never heard of "Blazzer" ammo being named so because running hotter or of it being any hotter than normal ammo.

Falstaff
12-30-2010, 4:59 PM
That RWS in the orange and black box shoots almost as tight as match ammo, so all other things being equal, the RWS wins hands down. Especially if yer talkin' about aluminum cased blazer ammo, the RWS is brass and has the added benefit of being reloadable.

I did notice that RWS ammo has some steel in the bullet if that matters at your range.

Sydwaiz
12-30-2010, 5:07 PM
I shoot Blazer and have never had a problem. But normally if I can find brass cased ammo for the same price, I go that route even though I don't reload. Now on the other hand, Blazer is made right here in the USA so more of your dollars are staying in the country. Not sure where RWS is made. But then if you want to sell the brass later, more of your dollars are staying in your pocket! See where I'm going? Neither do I!

jyo
12-30-2010, 5:11 PM
I've shoot alot of both---they both performed well out of three different .45s. Go with whatever is cheaper at the time of purchase.

Jerkdog
12-30-2010, 6:26 PM
FYI - Gander Mtn has 250-count packs of UMC on sale for $81.98 shipped (with $20 off code). You have to add a couple of fillers to get the total over $100, but then you can get the $20 off.

I just picked up two of these packs from WalMart this afternoon for $84/ea.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1061468/

DaveFJ80
12-30-2010, 9:57 PM
My Kimber likes CCI Blazer. Runs flawless through them.

I mainly got them because they were $16/box at the time.