PDA

View Full Version : First post, and stupid questions

The_Fonz
07-30-2006, 6:44 PM
Hey everybody, I haven't gone shooting in years until today. Now I got the bug again, and I got it BAD:D . I have a registered assault weapon (Colt Sporter Lightweight A2, 100% stock) and I have been out of the loop. Being a registered assault weapon, can I change upper recievers? barrel length? What about buttstock options? Are bayonet lugs and flash hiders cool? I'm sorry for the stupid questions. I've read the laws but they aren't real clear to me. I just want to double check before I haul off and buy a tele stock and suddenly find Mr. Lockyer breathing down my neck. I used the search function to look for information but could not find anything specific. Seen a few pics of registered aw's with altered configurations around here though. Am I correct to assume its legal?

Today I had my colt at the Livermore Rod and Gun Club, I hadn't shot it since 2002. Felt good to make some noise again. Shoots like a champ. Thanks again, and sorry for the stupid questions. First post as well, cool forum you guys have here.

moulton
07-30-2006, 6:50 PM
Hey everybody, I haven't gone shooting in years until today. Now I got the bug again, and I got it BAD:D . I have a registered assault weapon (Colt Sporter Lightweight A2, 100% stock) and I have been out of the loop. Being a registered assault weapon, can I change upper recievers? barrel length? What about buttstock options? Are bayonet lugs and flash hiders cool? I'm sorry for the stupid questions. I've read the laws but they aren't real clear to me. I just want to double check before I haul off and buy a tele stock and suddenly find Mr. Lockyer breathing down my neck. I used the search function to look for information but could not find anything specific. Seen a few pics of registered aw's with altered configurations around here though. Am I correct to assume its legal?

Today I had my colt at the Livermore Rod and Gun Club, I hadn't shot it since 2002. Felt good to make some noise again. Shoots like a champ. Thanks again, and sorry for the stupid questions. First post as well, cool forum you guys have here.

I hate you.....I dont have a registered Assault weapon :mad: . you can do what ever the #$&# you want as long as you keep the barrel length over 16 inches and do not import any norm-cap (anything over 10 rds.) mags from other places, but you can shoot any that you have currently:cool:

Mudvayne540ld
07-30-2006, 6:51 PM
IIRC you can change anything you want except the registered receiver!
lucky you..... lucky you!

Ratters
07-30-2006, 6:55 PM
Yep, you can do whatever you like with it that still complies with federal and state laws regarding barrel length and overall length.

My brother is about to take his blue label and put 16" barrel and M4 stock on it. Don't worry bout it.

The_Fonz
07-30-2006, 8:38 PM
thanks for the info fellas, much appreciated.