PDA

View Full Version : Did I build a AW shot gun???

harley66
12-30-2010, 9:03 AM
I built this Rem 870 a few years ago - while looking up a AW def for a friend, I read this..

Have I been living in a shoebox ??? I got this off the CA Doj web site, So, by adding the tele stock and pistol grip - did I move to the dark side here in Ca and build an illegal AW??

My set up is like this one taken off the Mesa Tactical web page.. They build a great set up and I love mine..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/harley0711/86t.jpg

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.php
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

Noonanda
12-30-2010, 9:04 AM
If your shotgun is a pump, you can put all kinds of "evil" features

69Mach1
12-30-2010, 9:05 AM
yes, if it's semi auto.

CAL.BAR
12-30-2010, 9:05 AM
Only if it's semi-auto. Isn't the 870 a pump?

$P-Ritch$
12-30-2010, 9:06 AM
As stated in your cite of the PC, that restriction is for semiautomatic shotguns only. For pumps, like your 870, you are good to go. I once had a mossberg 500 with a very similar stock/pistol grip configuration.

harley66
12-30-2010, 9:24 AM
LOL > Sorry, I guess I need to go back to school and learn to READ - No more coffee this morning.. Thanks for the "slap" in the face..

BKinzey
12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
You need another "slap".

Had your configuration been illegal do you think it wise to have posted an admission of guilt on a public forum?

harley66
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
You need another "slap".

Had your configuration been illegal do you think it wise to have posted an admission of guilt on a public forum?

Not reallly becuase had I been wrong - I just would have corrected it before I ventured back out. I am not of the feeling that DOJ is watching my every move and ready to kick down my door becuase I posted here and I really did feel I was missing something - but this is Ca and you just never know, lol....

Your point is understood though

wildhawker
12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Harley, DOJ reads these pages often. We suggest people who may have an issue post in hypotheticals, submit the question to us at hotline@calgunsfoundation.org, or contact an attorney.