PDA

View Full Version : Para guns right

Grof
12-29-2010, 7:00 PM
hi,
is this gun worth the money, does it have any issues, any other suggestion in same price range
tnx

rimfire78
12-29-2010, 7:02 PM
What gun, what price? If you mean Para USA, they make several models.

bsg
12-29-2010, 7:05 PM
i can feel the vibes... but can't quite picture the gun you are speaking of, or it's price.

sequoia_nomad
12-29-2010, 7:09 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you are trying to type out "Gun Rights Model", if this is correct , mash the keyboard with your left hand, then
click, "Post Quick Reply"

rimfire78
12-29-2010, 7:15 PM
If it is the Para ordnance "gun rights" model you're asking about, looks like a beautiful gun.
Some people love Para some don't, just search a few reviews on line and see what people are saying.
Here's one:
http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/para_090607/

Bullwinkle
12-30-2010, 9:16 AM
If this (http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=62) is the model you're talking about, then here's my $0.02.

1. A lot of people trash Para. Maybe it's warranted, maybe not. One thing is certain, however. With the age of the Internet, you always hear about every little problem that someone has a heck of a lot more than you do from owners with "good out of the box" guns. For me, I own two Paras, and both are 100% reliable and are more accurate than my old eyes allow me to be. I love 'em both (and the Stainless LTC is also my wife's favorite pistol in the gun safe!), and I personally have no problem recommending them and will eventually buy from them again.

2. However, in spite of my admiration for my Paras, you'd be a dang fool to pay the full MSRP listed for that Gun Rights model in the above link ($1,149)! When I bought my Stainless LTC a few years ago (pre-Obama), the MSRP was $1,051 but the price I paid was $720. Ergo, [B]shop judiciously. If you can get it around the $800 mark then I'd say you're getting a superb 1911 at a fair price. There's one up on GunBroker.com right now for $775 and another for $840. Bud's Gun Shop--a place reknown over the Internet for their discount pricing--has them for $873 (incl shipping, so figure $848-ish).

HTH.