PDA

View Full Version : M&P40c range report

CZ9
12-29-2010, 4:16 PM
Finally got around to taking my new Christmas present out today, ran 100 rounds through it perfectly. The problem is, that on the 19th round of WWB the front sight lost its white dot!! My buddy commented on it saying hes heard of that happening before. But otherwise the M&P40c ran great even with a box of steel case ammo. Before buying this pistol I read alot of threads saying such a small gun like this was a "wristbreaker"... it was very managable and Id say pleasant to shoot.

Anyways, I guess Ill put some white paint in the front sight. Orrr maybe a front night sight?

Ksmash01
12-29-2010, 4:32 PM
Finally got around to taking my new Christmas present out today, ran 100 rounds through it perfectly. The problem is, that on the 19th round of WWB the front sight lost its white dot!! My buddy commented on it saying hes heard of that happening before. But otherwise the M&P40c ran great even with a box of steel case ammo. Before buying this pistol I read alot of threads saying such a small gun like this was a "wristbreaker"... it was very managable and Id say pleasant to shoot.

Anyways, I guess Ill put some white paint in the front sight. Orrr maybe a front night sight?

Dude, you are so full of it....that thing kicked worse than my SP101 with .357 magnums. 40 is too uncontrollable, and every time I pulled the trigger, it felt like Tiny "Zeus" Lister was bending my wrists back. It hurt me........

Naw....I'm kidding. In fact, I found his .40c to be very accurate/precise, and just as controllable. Follow up shots were just as easy as shooting my full size M&P9. It was great to shoot, even though the front sight paint wasn't there :p , and if I were going to buy a sub compact .40, then this would be it. You should totally paint the front sight some color like red or green.

Shooting the .40c makes me want a 9c sooooooo bad now.

And don't mention the whole mag disconnect thing...it's all good( that means you're welcome to all those that don't understand today's slang).

Dhena81
12-29-2010, 6:35 PM
That's funny on my first range trip with my M&P 9mm the white dot exploded out of my front sight too lol. I haven't fixed it yet I know I could send it to S&W but I was thinking of putting NS on it anyways I guess so much for genuine Novak sights :mad:.

Legasat
12-29-2010, 6:44 PM
The sights on the M&P's are painted in the little dot. I suppose if it was not very clean when they painted it at the factory, the paint-chip could have come out.

On all 3 of my M&P's, the front sight gets covered in GSR (after a couple of hundred rounds). I now take a Q-tip and a small bottle of cleaner to the range, and clean it as it gets dirty. I also end up repainting the sight every few cleanings. It is a small price to pay. Not sure if night-sights would get covered too, and need regular cleaning.

Congrats on your new M&P!!!

CZ9
12-29-2010, 7:19 PM
What paint do you use? For a sec I thought about using white out but then realized it probably wouldent last too long lol

I guess this isnt too uncommon and not too big of a deal.

hollowpoint
12-29-2010, 7:29 PM
My first range trip with my M&P9c the white dot came out as well. There was a thread about this issue a couple months back. You can either contact S&W and they will send you a new front sight but I recommend paint one in or upgrading your sights. S&W sights are not like glock sights because they are hard to install, especially the front sight. I just had my gun shop throw on some trijicons and let them deal with the installation for free.

hollowpoint
12-29-2010, 7:30 PM
Oh and if you paint it in I recommend testors model paint, summit white color.

AndrewMendez
12-29-2010, 7:35 PM
Hmm, I have shot at least 2000 rounds thru my M&P .40. The front site looks as nice as it did when I bought the gun. Never changed them nor painted, however, I have considered night sights. Acrylic paint seems to work on lowers that need to be filled. A bottle is 4 bucks at any art and crafts store.

Shenaniguns
12-29-2010, 8:07 PM
Replace them with better sights from Heinie or Ameriglo :)

MarioS
12-29-2010, 8:38 PM
Congratulations. They're nice guns and they shoot the .40S&W cartridge very nicely.

Legasat
12-30-2010, 10:05 AM
What paint do you use? For a sec I thought about using white out but then realized it probably wouldent last too long lol

Testors model paint.

putput
12-30-2010, 1:11 PM
I never had a problem with my M&P but, I painted it anyway. I left the rear sights white and did fluorescent red on the front. I think I get a faster sight in that way...

MrOrange
12-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the report, I'm always interested to hear from folks who aren't gunriters.

All real he-men gunfighters know that Avon Cherry Frost fingernail polish is the only way to go.

Ksmash01
12-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Hmm, I have shot at least 2000 rounds thru my M&P .40. The front site looks as nice as it did when I bought the gun. Never changed them nor painted, however, I have considered night sights. Acrylic paint seems to work on lowers that need to be filled. A bottle is 4 bucks at any art and crafts store.

My M&P 9 has at least 5,000 rounds through it with no problems at all....I thought it was the biggest fluke in the world when I saw his sight pop out while he was shooting his 2nd magaznine. I told him to go to Michaels and get some paint for the front. Even without the front dot, it was still very easy to shoot good groups....

Gryff
12-31-2010, 11:26 PM
I've had mine for two years, and the gun has run flawlessly. Very controllable, but I will say that it isn't really "fun" after 50 rounds through it in a single range trip. Not really painful, but it does have a little bite to it.

Tzvia
01-01-2011, 7:02 AM
I wonder if a dab of liquid porcelain would work well to touch up a missing dot...

Just-in
01-01-2011, 5:44 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for night sights to me. Congrats on the new pistol.