PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunting South Africa?

KMG Hunting Safaris
12-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi Fellas,
Would just like to know if there would be any interest in bowhunting in the Eastern Cape province in South Africa. I'm trying a new package, at a steal of a price, to see what the response is.
I only have one space , end August 2011.
Can be 1 or 2 hunters. Could possibly fit in one more.
If there is any interest, I will post the details under this thread.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

DavidRSA
12-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Howzit Boet!

KMG Hunting Safaris
12-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks David,
Where are you from?

tpuig
12-31-2010, 8:35 AM
Hi Marius, any chance you'll be attending the SCI convention in Reno?

KMG Hunting Safaris
12-31-2010, 9:53 PM
tpuig,
Unfortunately I will not be in Reno this year. I have contactable references , if that's what you're worried about. Someone suggested the manner of offering this package, and since I only have the one spot open for 2011, I though I would see what the reponse is. But it does not seem that there are many bowhunters on this site.
I do have a cancellation hunt for end June for rifle as well.

Regards
Marius

PatriotnMore
01-01-2011, 8:00 AM
Welcome.

Great to see PH's and hunting outfits here, from the African Continent, and participating. You guys are a great source of information on African game and hunting for those of us who are saving their penny's for a hunt one day, in your back yard.

KMG Hunting Safaris
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks PatriotnMore,
If you need any info , please drop us a message. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

KMG Hunting Safaris
01-03-2011, 6:45 AM
Is there anybody from Calguns who have hunted Africa?

duckman1
01-03-2011, 7:31 AM
I have hunted Namibia. Several ranches in the Etosha Conservacy.

Rusty_Buckhorn
01-03-2011, 8:10 AM
I think you may get more interest if you posted the actual details of this "new package". Bowhunting South Africa is definitely on my bucket list. I'd be happy just bringing home a Giant Forest Hog and a Warthog.

KMG Hunting Safaris
01-03-2011, 8:29 AM
Maybe you're right. Will post in a minute.

DavidRSA
01-03-2011, 8:31 AM
Thanks David,
Where are you from?

Jhb, now living in LA. Left in 1994.

I still have an Aunt in Plett.

What happening with private gun ownership over there these days?

KMG Hunting Safaris
01-03-2011, 8:42 AM
The idea behind this offer was suggested by an avid bowhunter from the USA. So, I thought
to give it a try and see what the response might be. The idea is to cut the day fees,
which will allow the hunter to extend his stay for much longer, due to the nature of
bowhunting and the fact that the hunting will be from blinds and over various water holes
on the property. The trophy prices have also been reduced, which will allow the hunter to
take more of one specie, since nobody can dictate what will be stepping out.

The offer for the bowhunting package will will be per hunter)

12 days ( 1 arrival day + 1 departure day = 10 days hunting) for $1900
Date: 27 Aug 2011 - 08 Sept 2011
The trophy prices and animals available for this offer is:
Blesbuck - $220
Bushbuck - $450
Bushpig(chance) - $500
(Bait) - $900
Jackal - Free
Duiker - $200
Impala - $250
East Cape Kudu - $750
Lynx - Free
Warthog - $250
Nyala - $1650
Zebra - $1100(Depending on availability on quotas)

We enforce strict game quotas on the number of mature trophies taken off every year,
which ensures that there are plenty of game available. You should be able to quite
comfortably take 5 animals of different species on either of the two packages. Please
find below what is included and excluded on both of these packages:

The following are included in your Safari:
• All accommodation, food and beverages
• Services of a licensed professional hunter, tracker and ground staff
• Transport to and from the airport as well as all ground transport for the duration of
the Safari
• Field preparation of trophies and forwarding them to a taxidermist or shipping agent of
your choice.

The following are excluded in your Safari:
• Dipping, packaging or any processing of trophies
• Shipping charges for your trophies to your own country
• Gratuities

You can find us at http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
Unfortunately this is the only package left for the year.

Ahhnother8
01-03-2011, 3:14 PM
Is there anybody from Calguns who have hunted Africa?

In 2009 the U.S. sent a team (25 people) to shoot the 80th SABU Nationals in Bloemfontein. There were several of us that took our only day off from competition to sneak in a hunt. Our group of four hunted about an hour out of Kimberly. Don't know where the others hunted. We had a great time. I'm hoping the U.S. will send another team over soon, so we can do it all again.

180ls1
01-03-2011, 8:09 PM
would love to give that a shot but I dont have the coin. Any of the hunting spot and stalk or is it most all blind hunting?

KMG Hunting Safaris
01-03-2011, 9:07 PM
The hunting will be from blinds. You will be welcome to try and stalk them. But IMO African game that can be stalked by bow, is either in a pen or a bow only concession. I think the fact that there are just so many natural predators here, compared to than in other countries make them just so much more alert. Will love to see it done.

1st5
01-03-2011, 9:12 PM
I hunted Visser's in Limpopo in 2007. My wife and I took seven animals with our bows. Wouldn't mind a second trip but it's not going to happen this year! The wife still needs her Nyala and I couldn't get a Warthog to stand still to save my life! I also got busted big time when I was about to drop the string on a huge Warthog. That is a great fee schedule by the way. Nyala at Visser's was 2250 when we hunted there.
So, we have shoulder mounts of Kudu, Gemsbok, and Bushbuck and euro's of Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, and two Impala as well as rugs of the Red Hartebeest and the Wildebeest. Great hunt, great time. Eastern Cape and Namibia are next on my list when I can afford it.

KMG Hunting Safaris
01-04-2011, 1:38 AM
I hunted Visser's in Limpopo in 2007. My wife and I took seven animals with our bows. Wouldn't mind a second trip but it's not going to happen this year! The wife still needs her Nyala and I couldn't get a Warthog to stand still to save my life! I also got busted big time when I was about to drop the string on a huge Warthog. That is a great fee schedule by the way. Nyala at Visser's was 2250 when we hunted there.
So, we have shoulder mounts of Kudu, Gemsbok, and Bushbuck and euro's of Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, and two Impala as well as rugs of the Red Hartebeest and the Wildebeest. Great hunt, great time. Eastern Cape and Namibia are next on my list when I can afford it.

Thanks, I also thought the package this guy explained to me made good sense. I have seen some real nice Nyala on our grounds.The normal price for Nyala is $2200, it has just been discounted to fit in with the rest of the package. Think the reason is mainly, as you can see , that because they are on the higher scale of the pricelist, not many hunters take one, which is understandable.