PDA

View Full Version : cz 75 vs. sp-01

the_dude
12-28-2010, 8:43 PM
Is the sp-01 model worth the hassle to acquire? i want a real steel gun, not the poly framed version on the list.

-i only want to hear from folks who have actually been able to compare and shoot both

-have already handled the 75 and like it

-not concerned about the extra front end weight of the sp-01

-the light rail is of minor concern for me

iareConfusE
12-28-2010, 9:00 PM
Why would it be a hassle to acquire? It's on the roster, so it shouldn't be a problem... If you're just asking if it's a great gun, then yes it is. I have the P-01, compact model of the SP-01, and it's a perfect gun for me.

sprintcar
12-28-2010, 9:08 PM
I have a SP-01 and love it. I bought it just for the steel frame. I like the weight of the gun and it is extremely accurate.

robcoe
12-28-2010, 9:10 PM
Is the sp-01 model worth the hassle to acquire? i want a real steel gun, not the poly framed version on the list.

-i only want to hear from folks who have actually been able to compare and shoot both

The SP-01 is not a hassle to aquire, I know that Turners always keeps at least a few in stock. Thats where I got mine.

Overall, I prefer the ergonomics of the SP-01 to the CZ-75, the differences are small but they are there. Other than small differences in the grip and the addition of a rail they are pretty similar. Buy the one that fits your hand best.

the_dude
12-28-2010, 9:10 PM
the poly framed sp-01 is on the list. already had this conversation with my local gun dealer. the p-01 is a nice gun but i got man sized hands. that and i like the locked and loaded option of the full sized

the_dude
12-28-2010, 9:13 PM
The SP-01 is not a hassle to aquire, I know that Turners always keeps at least a few in stock. Thats where I got mine.

Overall, I prefer the ergonomics of the SP-01 to the CZ-75, the differences are small but they are there. Other than small differences in the grip and the addition of a rail they are pretty similar. Buy the one that fits your hand best.

i stand corrected. sounds like im taking my business there

sniper4usmc
12-28-2010, 9:14 PM
the poly framed sp-01 is on the list. already had this conversation with my local gun dealer. the p-01 is a nice gun but i got man sized hands. that and i like the locked and loaded option of the full sized

POLY means black polycoat finished, NOT polymer frame...SP-01 and 75B has STEEL frame

iareConfusE
12-28-2010, 9:16 PM

The polymer version of the SP-01 is the SP-01 Phantom. It is NOT on the handgun roster and you won't be able to buy it from your FFL.

robcoe
12-28-2010, 9:20 PM
POLY means black polycoat finished, NOT polymer frame...SP-01 and 75B has STEEL frame

The SP-01 phantom is a polymer framed gun, however it is not on the roster, only the steel framed, non decocker model is.

the_dude
12-28-2010, 9:29 PM
The polymer version of the SP-01 is the SP-01 Phantom. It is NOT on the handgun roster and you won't be able to buy it from your FFL.

my dealer must be high or something. i went in there wanting the basic sp-01 and the only one he said he could order into cali was the phantom???

robcoe
12-28-2010, 9:32 PM
my dealer must be high or something. i went in there wanting the basic sp-01 and the only one he said he could order into cali was the phantom???

If your a cop you can order it, but otherwise your SOL. If he thought the only one he could get was the phantom, he is on something.

iareConfusE
12-28-2010, 9:57 PM
If your a cop you can order it, but otherwise your SOL. If he thought the only one he could get was the phantom, he is on something.

lol, who is your dealer? Drug dealer? :p If it's an FFL, they need to get their facts straight.

sevensix2x51
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=375692

this thread from four days ago might be of help.

the_dude
12-28-2010, 10:16 PM
lol, who is your dealer? Drug dealer? :p If it's an FFL, they need to get their facts straight.

yea, he has an ffl and im not about to say where on the internet. its in the central coast and he kinda has a monopoly on local business so i can see how the shop might be ill-informed.

chim-chim7
12-29-2010, 12:40 AM
I would search around for a better deal. Turners is the most expensive out there. I walk in there, look at the gun prices and just laugh. I only buy reloading stuff there. They have a CZ75B selling for $600. My local shop is selling the same pistol new for $435. I have never seen a Glock 17 for almost $600 before I went to Turners. Ouch.:(

shooterdude
12-29-2010, 7:08 AM

Here is a link to the SP-01 discussion group on the CZ Forum: http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?board=23.0

You can read what many others have to say.

I have an SP-01 and LOVE it. It is better than my CZ-75 and if you get a trigger job and lighter mainspring, IMHO it is the best DA/SA combat pistol you can ever shoot.

the_dude
12-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Here is a link to the SP-01 discussion group on the CZ Forum: http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?board=23.0

You can read what many others have to say.

I have an SP-01 and LOVE it. It is better than my CZ-75 and if you get a trigger job and lighter mainspring, IMHO it is the best DA/SA combat pistol you can ever shoot.

Awesome! thanks for the link.

Rhythm of Life
12-29-2010, 11:42 AM
i stand corrected. sounds like im taking my business there

On sale you can get it $750 OTD.

pkc168
12-29-2010, 1:56 PM
I would search around for a better deal. Turners is the most expensive out there. I walk in there, look at the gun prices and just laugh. I only buy reloading stuff there. They have a CZ75B selling for $600. My local shop is selling the same pistol new for $435. I have never seen a Glock 17 for almost $600 before I went to Turners. Ouch.:(

I was wondering if you are kind enough to share your local shop is that is selling CZ75B for $435? Would greatly appreciated.