PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Keltec su - 22

Calmacs
12-28-2010, 8:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the su 22 is legal or available in California? I understand keltec's pistols are not drop tested (and other things), and are illegal because of this. The bigger .223 brother to the su22 the Keltec su16ca is in fact legal. With less restrictions on rimfire, I was wondering if the su 22 are in fact available though some ffl dealer somewhere around here...

I did a search on it in the forums and came up with lots of other .22 info but none on this. Thankx in advance...

D.M.C.
01-08-2011, 4:40 AM
I myself was wondering about this, given how confusing the rules are about rimfire as opposed to centerfire. The flowchart I don't even think is written with rimfires in miund, is it?

Anyone in the know able to pipe up with the rules on .22 rifles like this and the S&W 15-22? Is there a rimfire flowchart?

Quiet
01-08-2011, 3:48 PM
The Kel-Tec SU-22 is CA legal.

The Kel-Tec PLR-22 is not CA legal. Unless, it is modified to have a fixed 10 round magazine.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
01-08-2011, 5:06 PM
I myself was wondering about this, given how confusing the rules are about rimfire as opposed to centerfire. The flowchart I don't even think is written with rimfires in miund, is it?

Anyone in the know able to pipe up with the rules on .22 rifles like this and the S&W 15-22? Is there a rimfire flowchart?

The rifle flowchart isn't written for them, and there's no "rimfire flowchart" for rimfire rifles since the first prong which must be met for a rifle to fall under PC 12276, et. seq. is not met - "semiautomatic, centerfire rifle". In short, rimfire rifles are not regulated under 12276, et. seq.

DippyPower
01-08-2011, 5:06 PM
It is legal. You just have to have 10 round magazines for it. I do not know if Kel-Tec sells one with a ten round magazine directly to California, or if it has to go to an out of state FFL first and the factory mag swapped for a ten rounder.