PDA

View Full Version : Best Newport Beach FFL

pullnshoot25
12-28-2010, 2:55 PM
My BIL needs to transfer a handgun from out of state and neither of us know which shops are good or not. Anyone here know what the best shop in the area is for an interstate transfer?

Khram
12-28-2010, 2:58 PM
probably T&A would be the most reasonable in area. I think cheaper than OC armory and Riflegear and definately cheaper than Turners or Grant Boys. I can't think of a single storefront dealer in Newport Beach.

cmace22
12-28-2010, 3:05 PM
Avoid Grant boys at all costs.......

Turners maybe, but I would check out the others mentioned first.

steadyrock
12-28-2010, 3:09 PM
I've heard that Straightline Tactical in Anaheim will do out of state transfers for $50. Cheapest I've ever heard of, but not exactly in the Newport area. Talk to OC Armory in Laguna Hills as well. Like others have said, I'd steer clear of Grant Boys.

7.62x54R
12-28-2010, 7:18 PM
T&A Armory 50$ for rifle and 40$ for pistol.

thefinnatic
12-28-2010, 8:12 PM
+1 for T&A Armory. They are pros when it comes to transfers.

Swoop
12-28-2010, 8:16 PM
Drive to a decent dealer, t&a/Riflegear/Oc armory are all good my top pick is Em&M/Ade's gunshop in orange : 1124 w. Chapman in Orange.

echang86
12-28-2010, 8:20 PM
Straightline Tactical in Anaheim is a little bit away out of the Newport Area, but they will do transfer for $50 (DROs included). Outstanding setup they're running there. I drive 30 miles, past at least 10 FFLs just to support them.

Colt
12-28-2010, 8:56 PM
On Target
OC Armory
Ade's

(listed geographically, from south to north)

morrcarr67
12-29-2010, 5:47 AM
Avoid Grant boys at all costs.......

Turners maybe, but I would check out the others mentioned first.

+1 on Grant Boys and Turners. Turners charge way too much for this service.

TurboChrisB
12-29-2010, 6:44 AM
From Newport you are 15 min from Riflegear or 20 min from T&A Armory. T&A is a few bucks cheaper, having a Dec special on transfers. You can pay and start the DROS process as soon as you have paid for the gun...you don't have to wait till it arrives. I've used both multiple times, right now I'd save the few bucks and use T&A.

pullnshoot25
12-29-2010, 7:30 AM
Thanks guys! My BIL visited Grant Boys on a whim and bugged out because they had exorbitant pricing and all those other places sound rad. He has been linked to this thread!

ruddogg
12-29-2010, 9:04 AM
I've done lot's of guns with Straightline Tactical in Anaheim... $50 out the door DROS included. I drive up from Irvine to go there...
OC Armory is $75 out the door I think... nice guys there... On Target is $125

CAL.BAR
12-29-2010, 10:25 AM
BEST FFL in Newport? That's funny. You should ask are there any FFL's in NB?. The answer - 1 Grant Boys - and everyone avoids them like the plague.

Head over to OC Armory in Laguna Hills.

Mr. Casull
12-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Where is T&A located? Never heard of them. Riflegear charges $50.00 for the transfer plus $25.00 Dross. And you better bring a pistol lock with you and a receipt that you bought it within 30 days or they won't give you a hand gun unless you buy one of their locks! When I Drossed my handgun they only asked about a safe and when I went to pick it up they told me about the lock. Said to look at the paper they gave me when I Drossed the gun. Ya, too bad I didn't record the conversation when I Drossed it and played it back to them when they brought up the lock business. Kinda of cheesy!

shark92651
12-29-2010, 2:00 PM
Where is T&A located? Never heard of them. Riflegear charges $50.00 for the transfer plus $25.00 Dross. And you better bring a pistol lock with you and a receipt that you bought it within 30 days or they won't give you a hand gun unless you buy one of their locks! When I Drossed my handgun they only asked about a safe and when I went to pick it up they told me about the lock. Said to look at the paper they gave me when I Drossed the gun. Ya, too bad I didn't record the conversation when I Drossed it and played it back to them when they brought up the lock business. Kinda of cheesy!

I'm sorry if the sales person failed to point out that California law requires that all handgun transfers must include a lock, regardless of safe ownership, but we do include a cover sheet on your copy of the DROS paperwork that has all the gun lock requirements on it. We charge $6.50 for our gun locks, which is pretty close to our cost. We don't make up the lock requirements, it is California law.

pullnshoot25
12-29-2010, 2:39 PM
Where is T&A located? Never heard of them. Riflegear charges $50.00 for the transfer plus $25.00 Dross. And you better bring a pistol lock with you

I'm sorry if the sales person failed to point out that California law requires that all handgun transfers must include a lock, regardless of safe ownership, but we do include a cover sheet on your copy of the DROS paperwork that has all the gun lock requirements on it. We charge $6.50 for our gun locks, which is pretty close to our cost. We don't make up the lock requirements, it is California law.

Intriguing.

Khram
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Amazing the level of price difference. We all know Grant Boys (its' in Costa Mesa) and Turners are insane on ship in transfers but among the others which are all close there is a $25+ difference in what they charge for a ship in transfer plus dros. As OC armory,straightline,TA and riflegear all seem to have good customer service reps I'd go with whoever is cheapest.

Malmon
12-30-2010, 1:32 PM
Go to straightline tactical in anaheim. The service and the price is definitely worth the drive.