PDA

View Full Version : Update from Free America

Trempel
07-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Well, I made my escape out of Communist San Francisco a little over three weeks ago, and moved to Colorado along with some family. After several weeks of working on the house, and other general insanity, we finally had some time to explore this freedom we've all heard about.
We made a drive to Jensen Arms in Loveland, which is a bit far from us, but I heard that they sell almost every evil thing under the sun. I still don't have my CO driver's license (waiting for my passport renewal), but one of my inlaws does, so we knew that we were going to be coming back with some cool stuff.
Once we walked into the store it was obvious that freedom was in the air... and on the shelves, and in the rifle racks. :D There was enough weaponry on display to fully arm a couple of platoons, plus for each model displayed there were at least a half dozen clones in the back. Everything that I drooled over ever since I became interested in firearms - ARs, AKs, FALs, HKs, SBR kits, silencers, all the handguns that are not on the retarded California "list". Oh and the standard-cap magazines! :eek: A bin with AR 30 and 20-rounders was almost as big as me. There were two cases full of AK mags - new waffle mags for $20 and surplus steel mags $8.99. Assorted other mags for every evil firearm sold in the United States and the prices were excellent.
Anyway, after drooling for a while, my inlaw settled on an Armory AK SSR-85, NIB. What was needed to buy this weapon of death and destruction, along with about half dozen 40 and 30-round magazines for it? A filled out 4473 form, a valid CO driver's license, some money and about ten minutes for the background check to clear. And we walked out the door with a box containing said weapon right after - no waiting period, no hassle, no harrasement. Oh, and what are the fees necessary to buy a firearm? The sales price plus tax, which was about 6.7%. Aparently the governement here hasn't gotten around to scamming citizens out of their money just for excersizing their rights.
I was jealous as hell that my inlaw was the first with an evil, anti-California weapon in his posession. I guess I'll have to "settle" for an un-neutered AR-15 build that I'll be finishing this Tuesday, using a former "off-list", now "no goddam list" lower that I rescued out of California. Can you guys believe that you can get USGI mags for less than ten bucks a pop delivered to your door? :D
Sorry to do this to you guys. :p I had to.

Spitfire75
07-28-2006, 10:49 AM
I read it, but I have been socially and politically conditioned to not understand a single word of your entire post.

Congratulations on your good fortune, whatever it is...I may never know. :D

Blacktail 8541
07-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Always new that Free America existed and was not just a dream!

markymark
07-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Damn, I'm jealous :mad: :( The only way to preserve our liberties would be to follow Jefferson's advice...

And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure.

Dump1567
07-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Oh yes, free America. My brother-in-law is in town from AZ. My wife commented to me about his limo-tint on his car as she just got pulled over for having medium tint on the front two side windows. My comment; "free America". I dream about getting out everyday.

Bling Bling 2.0
07-28-2006, 11:13 AM
But how can you sleep at night knowing that such dangerous evil guns are just sitting there all locked up? Aren't you terrified of them waking up and attacking you in your sleep?

I for one feel safe knowing that those evil rifles can't hurt me here. We've got Democrats in CA that keep us safe from nonsense like that (and ourselves, because after all, I certainly can't protect me from me).

Stanze
07-28-2006, 11:16 AM
*presses face up into the window of Free America and drools at the freedom.*

Mag dump some standard-cap mags for us at Calguns.net will ya?

chickenfried
07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
I think it would be quaint, if you put together a CA legal fixed 10 round mag rifle.:D

DrjonesUSA
07-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Free America??

Dude, CA is officially not in America....hasn't been for a long time.....

BTW, I hate you. ;)

Socal858
07-28-2006, 12:33 PM
jerk

dont brag about it too much lol

joel1316
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
If I could find comparable paying job somewhere else other than CA, I'd be out of here.

BTW - This post means nothing without pictures! :lol:

kennisonxgs
07-28-2006, 2:06 PM
Sounds great.

I am now officially depressed.

PLINK
07-28-2006, 2:25 PM
I hope to live in America some day.

Trempel
07-28-2006, 3:19 PM
If I could find comparable paying job somewhere else other than CA, I'd be out of here.

With real estate prices, taxes and everything else, I figured that I could take a pay cut and still come out ahead. Our inlaws bought a house here for about a quarter of what the same house in a similar neighborhood would cost in Bay Area. Gas is also cheaper - I filled up for $2.92 for regular unleaded last night. I don't remember the last time that I filled up for less than $3 in San Francisco.
I actually moved without a job waiting for me - I'm just now starting to look. Looks like my wife will have a couple of offers next week and from what I saw, she'll be making the same money.
BTW - This post means nothing without pictures!
As soon as I finish my AR, I'll post them on here. :)

SemiAutoSam
07-28-2006, 3:30 PM
Trempel

You are a very lucky man for making it out to the somewhat free land.

We can only hope that others will follow in your footsteps.

I have some experience in colorado I lived in the (as the locals call it) Springs in the mid 80's and loved it.

Would go back if I could.

Have a great free life.

AxonGap
07-28-2006, 4:07 PM
If I were a literary critic my response would be something that goes like this:

"Reading Trempel's article was like reading a story from Hustler magazine or some smutty dimestore novel! It was hot and steamy at first, at the end I felt dirty and wanting!"

or

"This story was like repetitively tempting a dog with a milkbone then throwing it in the garbage disposal!"

How dare you subject our sterilized minds to such filth! :)
LOL

VeryCoolCat
07-28-2006, 4:21 PM
We should all throw ar15 pistol grips at Trempel... we're not going to use them.

SemiAutoSam
07-28-2006, 4:24 PM
That is true.....at least for now after all I cant use my C MAG with the pistol grip attached.

How moronic is that. who came up with this BS law they should be ****

Ironballs
07-28-2006, 4:47 PM
I long to savor the sweet flavor of free air...

Bling Bling 2.0
07-28-2006, 5:07 PM
[QUOTE=Trempel]
I actually moved without a job waiting for me - I'm just now starting to look. Looks like my wife will have a couple of offers next week and from what I saw, she'll be making the same money.

QUOTE]

Dude congrats on convincing the wife to move out there. I tried to get my fiance to move out to Las Vegas a few years ago and she crapped all over it. Maybe it was because she wasn't my fiance yet.

In the end I thought it would be a little selfish of me to make her move just one of my hobbies (and the ability to own a real house). It worked out staying around too, but probably would have moved out of this state a long time ago had it not been for someone keeping me around...

Ford8N
07-28-2006, 5:49 PM
I was jealous as hell that my inlaw was the first with an evil, anti-California weapon in his posession. I guess I'll have to "settle" for an un-neutered AR-15 build that I'll be finishing this Tuesday, using a former "off-list", now "no goddam list" lower that I rescued out of California. Can you guys believe that you can get USGI mags for less than ten bucks a pop delivered to your door? :D
Sorry to do this to you guys. :p I had to.

Believe it or not Trempel, if you were in Kalifornia, you just committed a FELONY.

Your a lucky person to be free. ;)

M. Sage
07-28-2006, 6:21 PM
Man.. I hope my wife finds a job in a free state after she's out of school.

I remember when I could walk into a gun store and back out with the gun I wanted the same day... or even buy a gun without involving a gun store.

yiha
07-28-2006, 8:51 PM
Sounds great.

I know what you're talking about too, i just moved to Arizona from CA.

Now thats a transition for you
:D

JS-M1A
07-28-2006, 8:56 PM
Must be nice.Bet the crime rate is low.

6172crew
07-28-2006, 9:15 PM
We should all throw ar15 pistol grips at Trempel... we're not going to use them.

LOL, that one is sig material.:D

Corbin Dallas
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't know any California, I live in:

San Diego, Mexico

I really need to get out of this country and go back to the USA.

AF_INT1N0
07-30-2006, 7:04 AM
Makes me sad.. I did it in reverse. I used to live in America. :( .

Should've bought that DSA Fal I wanted.

chris
07-30-2006, 10:38 AM
the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall. john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache. it one more day closer to victory free america. stand behind our brothers and sisters behind enemy lines.

a quote from red dawn. not sure how close but it is relavent to the curren affairs in Kalifornia.

oh and on a lighter note did some shooting today here. shot the Barret .50 cal threw a grenade, shot hundreds of rounds on full auto with an AK. now that is awsome the bedst part i do not have to pay for the ammo. this is awsome.

allthough i'am jealous of those living in the real US. good luck to you. and have fun.

Paladin
07-30-2006, 3:54 PM
the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall. john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache. it one more day closer to victory free america. stand behind our brothers and sisters behind enemy lines.

a quote from red dawn. not sure how close but it is relavent to the curren affairs in Kalifornia.

What? You don't own a copy? I bought two copies of the DVD at WalMart for less than $10 ea: one a watcher/loaner copy, the other a keeper. Red Dawn is a GREAT movie. Another excellent movie by John (NRA Board Member) Milius is The Wind and the Lion.

tygerpaw
07-30-2006, 4:59 PM
America?!! I've heard of it, I just thought it was a myth...........

I want to go to America...........

Pablo
07-31-2006, 1:13 AM
So where are the pics? You can't just tease us like that! We need pics of the store or at the very least of your new toy!!!:)

mightymike
07-31-2006, 7:45 AM
Let us know how things are this winter when there's six feet of snow. We'll at least be able to shoot our guns here. Sorry had to fire back. (Because deep down I'm jealus.)

jnojr
07-31-2006, 11:06 AM

There's a web site somewhere where you can tell it where you are, how much you make, and where you'd like to live. It tells you the salary you'd have to make for the same equivalent value. It's quite a bit less for a lot of places in Free America.

jnojr
07-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't know any California, I live in:

San Diego, Mexico

Now, come on. You know very well that San Diego is in the state of Aztlan.

Trempel
08-02-2006, 12:18 PM
So where are the pics? You can't just tease us like that! We need pics of the store or at the very least of your new toy!!!:)
You asked for it. :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/trempel1/riflecomplete-AR.jpg

Just built her last night. More and better pics to follow next weekend.

adamsreeftank
08-02-2006, 1:36 PM
You asked for it. :D

Just built her last night. More and better pics to follow next weekend.

Now just add a RDIAS, short barrel, silencer and a beta mag and you will be in business.

donger
08-02-2006, 7:49 PM
Very nice.

Hey, you busted her cherry!

Paul1960
08-02-2006, 8:09 PM
I wish they'd allow me to move.

jerryg1776
08-02-2006, 9:41 PM
America?!! I've heard of it, I just thought it was a myth...........

I want to go to America...........

Ive heard all you need to do is cross the border.. no papers...no documentation and you cant even be considered an illegal alien. You are instantly granted all the rights and benefits for nothing - nothing!!

Oh, never mind - that only works if you are from Mexico and cross the border - Sorry - the voices inside my head were confusing me again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!

sac7000
08-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh, and what are the fees necessary to buy a firearm? The sales price plus tax, which was about 6.7%. Aparently the governement here hasn't gotten around to scamming citizens out of their money just for excersizing their rights.

Yup, the price we pay for living in Kalifornistan hurts. But we let it happen. We let our elected officials do it to us. We bent over and said proudly, " stick it in deep, it still doesn't hurt enough " We have nobody to blame but ourselves. We let the libs steal our rights away every day and until we finally say enough is enough, it's going to continue...

sac7000
08-02-2006, 10:32 PM
allthough i'am jealous of those living in the real US. good luck to you. and have fun.

Hey, you be careful over there ok? A buddy of mine is in the process of heading your way this week. He's not happy about it but his unit (Nat Guard) was called up.

accordingtoome
08-03-2006, 3:43 AM
im jealous too.. and i hate you too

chris
08-03-2006, 7:02 AM
Hey, you be careful over there ok? A buddy of mine is in the process of heading your way this week. He's not happy about it but his unit (Nat Guard) was called up.

again thank you for the support at home.

as for your buddy not being happy about going it is only a matter of time before anyone in the guard and reserve end up over here. you can tell him this if he has not heard it allready. as for how if anything happens to him and go forbid will depend on where he ends up. you tell him this there are SGM and full bird Colonels that are here for the sole purpose of getting a combatr patch (allthough not going outside the wire) and make soldiers lives absoluty miserable. pass this along to him and have him pass the info along to.

i'm still jealous of free america. it is our fault for our state's situation. we took it in the butt and never told them to stop. i do think the part of U.S. Constitution has come into play. the part about when a government becomes self serving it is the right of the people to abolish said government and replace it. we have come to this point.

PanzerAce
08-03-2006, 9:12 AM
looks like someone forgot to post more pictures....

RRangel
08-03-2006, 9:59 AM
Ok, that's it. Why can't people have a civil discussion without things getting out of hand? This won't do at all. You make unwanted comments you get banned. This type of thing is making me rethink having this forum.