View Full Version : Out of state

12-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, So I know about the difference between PPT and new purchases. Are there fee's charged to us for out of state PPT's? or Does this fall in the same local PPT fee schedule? Thanks

Cyc Wid It
12-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Well for a PPT to be a PPT, both have to be CA residents.

12-28-2010, 12:37 AM
CA considers a PPT to be a transfer between 2 CA-residents who both go to the same FFL to do the transfer. As such it is limited to $35 total, $25 DROS + $10 dealer fee.

for ANY other type of transfer, there is no limit to the dealer fee that the dealer may charge + the $25 DROS fee. dealer fees for transfers range from around $25 on the low end (if you are lucky to around $200 on the high end.

12-28-2010, 6:01 AM
In the San Jose are give this guy a call:

Mount Pleasant Arms
San Jose, CA 95148

Cell Phone: 408-528-1453
Hours: by appointment only on evenings and weekends

Long Gun Fee: $55.00 Includes CA DROS Fee
Hand Gun Fee: $65.00 Includes CA DROS Fee
Other Fee: $10.00 each additional long gun

Mount Pleasant Arms (www.mparms.com) is a by appointment only FFL in the Evergreen Area of San Jose specializing in handguns, California legal AR-15's and other semi-automatic rifles. My goal is to provide residents in the San Jose area with firearms at great prices without the hassles you might find at some local gun shops. I don't operate a retail store-front, but am happy to make an appointment with you to buy one of my in-stock products, arrange a transfer or make a special order. If you don’t live in the area, I can always ship firearms to the dealer of your choice (shipping fees apply). Give me a call at 408-528-1453. Of course, the quickest way to reach me is to just send an email to peter@mparms.com.

12-28-2010, 6:38 AM
PPT is a CA term.

PPT = a face-to face private party transfer between two CA residents facilitated by a CA FFL dealer.

If the firearm is being shipped, then it is not a PPT.
Since, it is not a PPT, the handgun needs to be on the approved list or exempt from the approved list (single-action revolver, single-shot pistol, olympic target pistol, etc.)

Also under Federal laws it is not legal for a non-FFL to travel to another state and acquire a handgun, unless the handgun is transfered through a FFL dealer in the recipiant's state of residence.