PDA

View Full Version : problems with recieving RRA AR pistol lower

whisperingdoom
12-27-2010, 8:50 PM
i did some looking but i need more info.

- i ordered a lower pistol reciever..RRA...and it arrived a few days ago , my CA ffl dealer says he has to return it since it needs to be a complete ar pistol and not just a lower.

-i didnt know about this and asked a few people before ordering and wasn't told otherwise.

-any thoughts on my ignorance or is the dealer misinformed? Im currently stationed in CA and just now getting to know why most of my buddies don't like it.

Ed_Hazard
12-27-2010, 8:52 PM
The dealer is correct, must be a complete single shot mag locked pistol of appropriate OAL to be able to DROS'd under the single shot exemption.

Thank the Safe gun roster,as a stripped frame cannot be drop tested by the state.

AIMSMALL
12-27-2010, 8:55 PM
Yeah he's right as Ed said.

vintagearms
12-27-2010, 8:59 PM
FFL is correct.

whisperingdoom
12-27-2010, 9:01 PM
i wish i talked to you guys first instead of so called "experts" at work.

now i have to return it, pay the shipping and restocking fees.

lesson learned though. thanks for the quick help.

tonelar
12-27-2010, 9:03 PM
Are you near PRK arms? Just wondering if a type 7 ffl could assemble a single shot roster exempted pistol from the lower.

It's too bad mil service people can't be roster exempt like LEOs

RolinThundr
12-27-2010, 9:17 PM
i wish i talked to you guys first instead of so called "experts" at work.

now i have to return it, pay the shipping and restocking fees.

lesson learned though. thanks for the quick help.

Check the websites of some of the dealers linked below the CGF banner at the top of the page, some may be selling a CA legal pistol. I believe RifleGear (http://www.riflegear.com/default.aspx) will do a CA compliant AR pistol for you.

Gio
12-27-2010, 9:19 PM
That sucks, where are you located at? There are plenty of 07 FFL's now that would be able to help you out.

PRKArms
12-29-2010, 9:37 PM
He could transfer as L/G receiver and then paper it with the Boffers as an A/W though. ;)

wildhawker
12-29-2010, 11:18 PM
He could transfer as L/G receiver and then paper it with the Boffers as an A/W though. ;)

Could you clarify a bit? I don't want the OP to think he can reg an AW.

morrcarr67
12-30-2010, 5:40 AM
Do you have all the stuff needed to make your single shot pistol? If so ask your FFL if you can assemble it there at his shop before he does the DROS.

mikaarce
12-30-2010, 6:02 AM
Do you have all the stuff needed to make your single shot pistol? If so ask your FFL if you can assemble it there at his shop before he does the DROS.

+1 on this.

wildhawker
12-30-2010, 9:42 AM
FFLs must not allow customers to assemble single-shot handguns at the store.

The OP needs to buy a preconfigured pistol from an 01 or PPT a pistol lower.

Fate
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Do you have an out of state parent/child/grandparent/grandchild that would be able to accept it? Then they can do an intrafamilial transfer of it to your local FFL and avoid the roster issues.

(Haha post #5150!)

Vanilla Gorilla
12-30-2010, 3:40 PM
Thank the Safe gun roster,as a stripped frame cannot be drop tested by the state.

i dont see why you cant drop test a stripped lower it i dropped one th other day and nothing happened seems like a sufficient drop test to me :D

Swoop
12-31-2010, 2:58 PM
Vanderjack in the commercial sale section sells complete ca compliant Ar pistols from $695-$750 shipped and they are very nice!

2new
12-31-2010, 3:50 PM
Did you already pay for it? Do you have any LEO friends you can give it too? Can you build it as a rifle, and then sell/trade for a pistol?