PDA

View Full Version : S&W Target Package and Holsters.

Barkoff
12-27-2010, 6:10 PM
I have a S&W 19-3 with the Target trigger and hammer, and have had a hell of a time trying to find a holster to fit it.

Bianci, Galco, a couple of others I have tried, the strap is too short, will not snap around the over sized target hammer.

Both Bianci and Galco flat out told me their holsters do not fit the Target hammers.

Has to be a lot of S&W's out there in this configuration, anyone else butt heads with this problem?

bwiese
12-27-2010, 6:12 PM
Yup and many Model 66s (K-frame) are the same.

You might need to get the holster and have a custom strap made by a local shoe repair/luggage leather guy.

Plan B: try a holster for the same barrel length L-frame 686 - gun may sit a bit lower in the holster and
then the strap can fit over.

9mmepiphany
12-27-2010, 8:02 PM
Unless they have changed how they made holsters over time, the safety strap or thumb break is not designed to go over the hammer. Mine always went under the hammer spur and across the back of the hammer body itself.

It is funyy that you mention it though as it has been quite a while since I have seen a K-frame with the Target Hammer and Trigger...as we found they had a negative impact on trigger pull on service guns

Barkoff
12-27-2010, 8:17 PM
Unless they have changed how they made holsters over time, the safety strap or thumb break is not designed to go over the hammer. Mine always went under the hammer spur and across the back of the hammer body itself.

It is funyy that you mention it though as it has been quite a while since I have seen a K-frame with the Target Hammer and Trigger...as we found they had a negative impact on trigger pull on service guns

Rest assured what we have here is a failure to communicate..on my part. You can't get the strap around it as you describe either, the hammer is just too long and interferes.