PDA

View Full Version : Best $10 book I have bought in a long time

tenringtaz
07-27-2006, 1:29 PM
Especially for Californication residents, this book is fantastic. Newly revised in 2006, I picked this book up for $9.95 at Reed's in Santa Clara.
(no, I have no vested interest in selling this book - it's just a GOOD BOOK! to have around)

Here's the info if it is not in your local gun store;
How to Own a Gun & Stay Out of Jail is available at gun stores and target ranges throughout California. The price is only $9.95, and includes free web site updates through December 31, 2006.

Books can also be purchased by mail by sending a check or money order for $12.95 per book to:

Gun Law Press
P.O. Box 641369
Los Angeles, CA 90064

You should receive your book within three weeks. The $12.95 cost includes sales tax and first class postage.

Like I said, best book I have bought in a LONG time...

-- TAZ

chickenfried
07-27-2006, 1:34 PM
I was always tempted to buy this book when I saw it at Traders. What new insights into CA gun law have you picked up from the book?

tenringtaz
07-27-2006, 1:41 PM
Since I did not have the previous edition, I cannot say what is different, but I did learn some very interesting things about concealed carry, loaded carry/transport, etc. That one chapter by itself, with the legal references to back up all the details, was worth $500 to me...:D

There is so much packed into the book I can see nearly everyone getting a few bits of good info - well worth the $10. AND, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than a lawyer. :eek:

ldivinag
07-27-2006, 8:10 PM
i bought this in 2000 when i first got my handgun.

read it front to back...

learned a lot of things...

the article in EASTBAY EXPRESS (or whatever that POS leftwing newspaper did) on traders, said the book is a way to get around the laws... dummies...

tenringtaz
07-27-2006, 8:30 PM
Ya, those crackheads :eek: at East Bay Express are WAY out there...

The 2006 edition is really good - I have chewed through it twice already. People on BART look at me SO funny when I whip out a gun magazine, book or other materials - it CRAX me up!!! :p :p :p

M. Sage
07-27-2006, 8:53 PM
Ya, those crackheads :eek: at East Bay Express are WAY out there...

The 2006 edition is really good - I have chewed through it twice already. People on BART look at me SO funny when I whip out a gun magazine, book or other materials - it CRAX me up!!! :p :p :p

So.... it's not just me that they get freaked out about cleaning guns on the train?

Whew.

tenringtaz
07-28-2006, 6:07 AM
Ya, something about that racking noise - it just seems to grind at them. :eek: