PDA

View Full Version : Springfield TRP Armory Kote

Recession
12-27-2010, 1:52 PM
Where in Southern California can I pick one up locally? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I've checked so far.

LHC30
12-27-2010, 4:11 PM
They are kinda hard to find...give John Fetu at STACSUSA.com an email or phone call, he might have a line on one.

PutTogether
12-27-2010, 5:33 PM
Where in Southern California can I pick one up locally? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I've checked so far.

Every time I've been to Fowlers/Stockade to pick up powder they have had one in stock.

user123
12-27-2010, 5:58 PM
Every time I've been to Fowlers/Stockade to pick up powder they have had one in stock.

How do you like that shop? I've heard they charge on the high side on most firearms but I haven't been there so I don't want to make any judgments.

NiteQwill
12-27-2010, 6:05 PM
How do you like that shop? I've heard they charge on the high side on most firearms but I haven't been there so I don't want to make any judgments.

Their prices suck... extraordinarily high.

user123
12-27-2010, 6:09 PM
Their prices suck... extraordinarily high.

That's pretty much what I've been hearing from people that have gone there...

corvetteguy
12-27-2010, 6:54 PM
Their guns are priced a little high, but they have some of the stuff that's harder to find. I just got a great deal on a case of WWB 45 ammo from them a few days ago.

You should atleast take a look!

Hope you find a TRP AK they are sweet!

David

DPC
12-27-2010, 8:00 PM
Turners Covina on Azusa Avenue.

Recession
12-27-2010, 9:11 PM
Turners Covina on Azusa Avenue.

You sure? I called Turners today and they checked their system and told me that they had none in stock and the last time they sold one was a special order 6 months ago.

Bill Steele
12-27-2010, 9:29 PM
A few other options:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208534600

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=207868731

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208109128

PutTogether
12-28-2010, 1:29 PM

Their prices are really high on SOME guns, but very reasonable on others. The high demand, everyone wants it kind of stuff is marked up, but still not marked up to an insane price (they are obviously selling).

Many other guns are priced just fine.

The best part is that they regularly have guns in stock that no one else has. S&W 625 JM revolver? They've usually got at least one. M1A rifles? Several on the wall. High end 1911s like Wilson, Brown, Les Baer? They always have at least one or two of each out on display.

I really like the shop. They have a ton of stuff you just don't see other places, HUNDREDS of used guns, reloading supplies IN STOCK, and a couple hundred knives and stuff to check out too.

The convenience factor makes up for their pricing on the higher side.

Recession
12-28-2010, 1:38 PM

All out of TRP's. Any other places I can try?

Cyc Wid It
12-28-2010, 2:59 PM
Your TRS > a TRP.

Recession
12-28-2010, 3:01 PM
Your TRS > a TRP.

I know, but I want MORE!

PutTogether
12-28-2010, 3:57 PM
All out of TRP's. Any other places I can try?

A little bit of a longshot, but I could swear I've seen one at Iron Sights before.

S.A.
12-28-2010, 4:27 PM
Try Martin B Retting in Culver City, that's where I bought mine.

Recession
12-29-2010, 3:51 PM
I'm pulling my hair out trying to find one of these locally around here. :chris:

Recession
12-30-2010, 9:45 PM
heeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppppppp

DirtNapKing
12-30-2010, 9:58 PM
I really like the shop. They have a ton of stuff you just don't see other places, HUNDREDS of used guns
They also have a ton of employees that for the most part seem to be there only to collect a pay check. Not saying I won't ever go back. It sucks when you have 4 guys behind one counter holding up the glass case and not a single one takes a second to at the minimum say "Hello". To bad, I had a crap load of money burning a hole in my pocket and I just so happened to drive all the way down from Upland to buy at Fowlers. Needless to say Ammo Brothers cleaned up the mess. :D

PutTogether
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
They also have a ton of employees that for the most part seem to be there only to collect a pay check. Not saying I won't ever go back. It sucks when you have 4 guys behind one counter holding up the glass case and not a single one takes a second to at the minimum say "Hello". To bad, I had a crap load of money burning a hole in my pocket and I just so happened to drive all the way down from Upland to buy at Fowlers. Needless to say Ammo Brothers cleaned up the mess. :D

I've heard a lot of people say that, but I've never experienced it myself. I was just in there today buying powder and primers. I was helped instantly, and the guy even asked if I wanted him to check the back for more clear .357 ammo boxes, because he noticed I was only buying clear ones (I color code my reloads).

I've never had to wait to be helped.

DirtNapKing
12-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I've heard a lot of people say that, but I've never experienced it myself. I was just in there today buying powder and primers. I was helped instantly, and the guy even asked if I wanted him to check the back for more clear .357 ammo boxes, because he noticed I was only buying clear ones (I color code my reloads).

I've never had to wait to be helped.Next time I go down I will walk in with the money tied around my neck. ;)

Recession
12-31-2010, 2:34 PM
bump

PutTogether
01-03-2011, 8:36 PM
I was in fowlers today buying powder again and saw a new stainless steel one.

S.A.
01-05-2011, 4:27 PM
Ammo Bros Cerritos has stainless TRP $1599.99.

Recession
01-05-2011, 7:41 PM
Ammo Bros Cerritos has stainless TRP $1599.99.

Thanks, but i'm looking for the one in Armory Kote black.

kahai808
01-05-2011, 7:45 PM
Man your gonna have a hard time finding one locally

user123
01-05-2011, 8:16 PM
Why not just special order one through the closest shop? You're gonna wait forever if you just sit around for one. You probably could have had one by now if you just ordered it. I've asked 3 different shops if they can order the TRP Operator and they all said yes... If I had the money, there would be no trouble getting one

yzernie
01-05-2011, 9:07 PM
I have never, and I honestly mean never seen one in stock at any of the distributors I use. They are hard to find and if I ever do find one in stock I'll order it and list it in my ad here on CGN.

Recession
01-05-2011, 9:32 PM
Man your gonna have a hard time finding one locally

I know I know :(

Recession
01-05-2011, 9:34 PM
Why not just special order one through the closest shop? You're gonna wait forever if you just sit around for one. You probably could have had one by now if you just ordered it. I've asked 3 different shops if they can order the TRP Operator and they all said yes... If I had the money, there would be no trouble getting one

If I was looking for an Operator then yes, I would have had one in my hands already but... What I'm looking for is PC9108L (Armory Kote non rail) and it's sold out everywhere. I think I've called every single gunshop in Southern California. Even the distributors are tapped dry too. I tried ordering one straight from Springfield Armory and they told me 6 months!

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/springfield/PC9108LP.jpg

Recession
01-05-2011, 9:37 PM
I have never, and I honestly mean never seen one in stock at any of the distributors I use. They are hard to find and if I ever do find one in stock I'll order it and list it in my ad here on CGN.

Just don't mark it up! :p

alex45auto
01-05-2011, 9:41 PM
I know someone who has one who might be interested in selling. I know that it has less than 200 rounds through it. I'll keep you posted after I talk to him and if you're interested in one lightly used one and in great condition.

PLINK
01-05-2011, 9:45 PM
I know it is not is Socal but R.C Guns (916) 635-7214 in Norcal has that model PC9108LP .45 TRP W/NS A-Kote no rail. I know because I have it's twin. Not sure if this helps you out at all but it maybe worth a call.

Recession
01-05-2011, 9:51 PM
I know it is not is Socal but R.C Guns (916) 635-7214 in Norcal has that model PC9108LP .45 TRP W/NS A-Kote no rail. I know because I have it's twin. Not sure if this helps you out at all but it maybe worth a call.

Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow. Mind if I ask how much you paid?

alex45auto
01-05-2011, 9:53 PM
By the way he might let it go for $1300.

yzernie
01-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Just don't mark it up! :p
You can check my pricing, I don't mark anything up!! :D