View Full Version : CMP's "SH" Scenario

07-27-2006, 7:27 AM
For those that are looking for a CMP garand, this statement from Orest Michaels has got to put a smile on your face!

It was in response to a question on the recent availablity of more correct HRA garands -- after they originally said they were gone.

Originally posted by omichaels Posted - 07/27/2006 : 07:02:39
we have hundreds of crates of rifles pending inspection. We thought we were done with the HRAs, but we were wrong. It happens.

I guess that is their definition of "Sh_t Happens":D

07-27-2006, 7:42 AM
Yeah without the "Sh.."

Never know what those CMP crates hold. A surprise in every box.

The Soup Nazi
07-27-2006, 7:50 AM
Has CMP ever gotten back the Filipino or Taiwanese Garands? Just hoping that the supply lasts so I can get my hands on one.

07-27-2006, 7:53 AM
USGI, Danish and Greek are the only ones i am aware.

07-27-2006, 8:36 AM
Just received an HRA correct grade from CMP. It looks great, except for all the cosmo (or grease) covering the entire gun. It's gonna take a lot of elbow grease (pun intended) to get the crap off, but it's a beautiful post WWII Garand.

I also got a service grade Springfield (Jan 1942) that is in fantastic condition. The service was pretty clean out of the box and I managed to get the thing apart and clean the entire rifle.

So yeah, they still have them.

07-27-2006, 8:42 AM
Has CMP ever gotten back the Filipino or Taiwanese Garands? Just hoping that the supply lasts so I can get my hands on one.

That might be a little difficult, Filipinos like guns too. :p

07-27-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't know what Garands in the Philippines you are talking about. The only Garands that I know about in the Philippines are ones in use are by the ROTC type programs in the schools and those are demilled. Then there are privately owned ones. All the Garands that are in the Philippines now were WWII leftovers and weren't really any part of any type of loan program like the US had with Greece.

My dad still doesn't know what happened to his father's Garand. It never left the Philippines and is probably still somewhere stored in one of his homes or with an uncle. If it ever did turn up, I'd work like Hell to get it stateside.

08-02-2006, 10:47 AM
There are/were quite a few still in Korea. Was a story about how Orest wouldn't bow to underhanded dealings with thier goobermint to get them back~ story's on a few other boards.

FWIW- I'm still wondering how many other countries we did 'lend' them to:confused: