PDA

View Full Version : CFLC Help in getting a CR Pistol in from out of state-was told to post here..

DisgruntledReaper
12-26-2010, 6:15 PM
Hello all, I am getting into CR handguns and have found a pistol I REALLY want bad and the seller is out of state ,IS an FFL but NOT a CR FFL and this CFLC garbage is REALLY pissing me off....like meeting the girl of your dreams and there is a huge pos ogre that needs to be dealt with.
So here is my dilemma/options
1. Try to convince the seller to transfer to a CR FFl then ship it to the FFL here I deal with.

2. Try to get the FFL to enroll in the %$(^$%#*%&^!! CFLC system JUST to possibly send 1 Pistol to me--hate to complicate the deal.

**HERE is where I am having a problem... PLEASE see the cut/pasted beginning section of the CFLC section and help clarify for me...

"As of July 1, 2008, California Penal Code Section 12072(f)(1) PDF logo [PDF 30 kb / 1 pg] prohibits all Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), other than Type 03 or 06 FFLs, from shipping firearms to an FFL in California unless, prior to delivery, the FFL intending to deliver, sell or transfer the firearms obtains a verification approval number from the California Department of Justice (CADOJ) Bureau of Firearms. This includes transfers that occur at gun shows.

So--does this in fact mean that I can have a AMMUNITION FFL holder send me a CR PISTOL to an FFL here WITHOUT having to do the CFLC garbage?

If I can find a dealer here that has BOTH a regular FFL AND a CR FFL CAN the FFL send the pistol to him since he has a CR? CAN a CR holder get this for me from a 'regular' FFl based out of state??

This is ridiculous, I am trying to get a 110 year old pistol here for my collection and i have never seen 1 come up for sale in this shape for this good a price.......I dont want to end up buying it and then can never get it....

.....now dont interpret this wrongly BUT since I have a relative in AZ where they dont have this stupid garbage...CAN/should I just have my relative buy it and then have him PPT/send it in PPT to the ffl I deal with? yea I pay for 2 shippments ,2 transfer fees and stuff but seems like it would be the 'smoothest' route to go....

I dont want to scare the seller into thinking it is a straw buy or anything..just this place is so screrwed it is ridiculous... If I didnt LOATHE the DHS and ATF (to a point) I would try to get a CR..but have now heard of nightmares with even having a CR FFL....

Thank you all and sorry this went long........I am getting the CR bug bad....
Edit/Delete Message

TRICKSTER
12-26-2010, 6:55 PM
All handguns shipped into CA must go through a 01 FFL and CFLC. Handguns cannot be shipped to 03 FFL's in CA. It only takes a few minutes for a dealer to sign up. It makes sense for a dealer to sign up as it opens a large market to him.
https://webapps.doj.ca.gov/cflc/addEnrolee.do?dispatch=enrollmentGuidelines

morrcarr67
12-26-2010, 7:50 PM
Like said all handguns must be shipped to an 01 FFL in California. Is the dealer won't sign up for the CFLC program there are things you can do.
Your relative in AZ could buy it and then ship to an 01 in California. You would have double shipping and double DROS.
send me a PM for a second option.

Jesse

Rumpled
12-26-2010, 8:04 PM
110 years old? 1900? 2 years older at 1898 would make it not a firearm and your problems go away.

Milsurp Collector
12-26-2010, 8:12 PM
The seller needs to find a FFL in his state who is willing to register with California DOJ and you need to find a FFL who will receive the handgun. The seller's FFL has to then obtain a verification approval number to ship to your FFL.

One of the reasons you see so many "No sales to California" notices is because many out-of-state FFLs don't want to deal with this unique California-only hurdle. If all else fails there is an out-of-state FFL who is willing to serve as a middleman:

Help for California Buyers:

I am happy to ship to California. It is the buyerís responsibility to make sure any item you buy is legal in your state. I am also happy to help with your purchase of a gun other than mine. If you see a gun you would like to buy but the seller canít or wonít ship to California Iíll be happy help. You buy the gun and have it shipped to me. Iíll then ship to your California dealer. The cost for this service is $20 + shipping. Let me know if I can help!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=158055

Flintlock Tom
12-27-2010, 11:11 AM
If the seller has an FFL he would have to register with the CA DoJ. It takes about 5 minutes on-line and he only has to do it once. Lots of out-of-state FFLs do it and reap the gratitude and business of CA gun buyers. No downside.
A non-FFL seller out-of-state can ship directly to an FFL in CA without bothering with the CFLC program.

empirearms
12-28-2010, 8:30 AM
If the seller has an FFL he would have to register with the CA DoJ. It takes about 5 minutes on-line and he only has to do it once. Lots of out-of-state FFLs do it and reap the gratitude and business of CA gun buyers. No downside.
A non-FFL seller out-of-state can ship directly to an FFL in CA without bothering with the CFLC program.

Technically true, but I have yet to hear ANY dealer in California who will accept a handgun without a FFL on the shipping end complying with the CLFC program. . . too much paranoia that the gun may be stolen, etc.

Good luck with that!

ke6guj
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Technically true, but I have yet to hear ANY dealer in California who will accept a handgun without a FFL on the shipping end complying with the CLFC program. . . too much paranoia that the gun may be stolen, etc.

Good luck with that!

they are out there, you just have to ask if they will.

Flintlock Tom
12-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Good luck with that!
Don Gussler in Santee.

Now you can't say that "I have yet to hear [of] ANY dealer in California who will accept a handgun without a FFL on the shipping end complying with the CLFC program."