PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make some sense of this 10 day wait period

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 6:47 AM
I already have numerous guns of different varieties at my disposal, why do I have to wait 10 days to get this one? If I was going to shoot somebody I sure as hell would not use a brand new gun that I have never fired before. Forget about the fact that using a gun you obtained legally to shoot someone is paramount to running someone down in a bright orange lambo and fleeing the scene. I fully support the idea of someone having to wait 10 days to buy their first gun, but if glock has a picture of you in their factory, whats the point?????? What makes it worse is I bought the gun on the 21st which means I have to wait 12 days.............:6:

Edit: I honestly think if I was going to murder someone at range it would be easier to shoot them with a crossbow as it wouldn't arouse suspicion or make any noise. WHERE IS THE 10 DAY WAITING PERIOD ON CROSSBOWS PEOPLE THIS IS SERIOUS.

morrcarr67
12-26-2010, 6:54 AM
These are our laws; as stupid as they are. If you don't like them make sure to vote for people who are more gun friendly and teach all of you non gun friends about guns and who are elected officials are and how they are going way over board and need to be replaced. Then ask them to vote for people who are more gun friendly.

PsychGuy274
12-26-2010, 7:09 AM
I already have numerous guns of different varieties at my disposal, why do I have to wait 10 days to get this one? If I was going to shoot somebody I sure as hell would not use a brand new gun that I have never fired before. Forget about the fact that using a gun you obtained legally to shoot someone is paramount to running someone down in a bright orange lambo and fleeing the scene. I fully support the idea of someone having to wait 10 days to buy their first gun, but if glock has a picture of you in their factory, whats the point?????? What makes it worse is I bought the gun on the 21st which means I have to wait 12 days.............:6:

Please, for the love of god, don't try to rationalize Kalifornia gun laws. You're head will explode.

Synergy
12-26-2010, 7:15 AM
You have common sense, something which is quite rare in Sacramento. I actually do believe they give all politicians a common sense quiz, if you fail the quiz you get put on the ballot. :D

mif_slim
12-26-2010, 8:17 AM
Law makers spent millions, billions on research on human psychology and 400 scientist had come to One conclusion stating:
"In our 60 year research we have found that ALL human whether men, women, teen, kids, infants, fetus, ovaries and sperm, will forget about their anger within 9 days, therefore if someone were to be angry today, 9 days from now they would have forgotten about their anger.
We believe that giving that 10th day, or, one extra day,
Or as we refer to as, "grace day" Will sure help reduce in crime rates among our society."

That is how we got the 10 day waiting period.

Sent from my iPhone

EDIT: From My Computer ;)

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 8:30 AM
Law makers spent millions, billions on research on human psycholoy and 400 scientist had come to One conclusion stating:
"In our 60 year research we have found that ALL human wether men, women, teen, kids, infants, fetus, ovaries and spearm, will forget about their anger within 9 days, therefore if someone were to be angry today, 9 days from now they would have forgotten about their anger.
We believe that giving that 10th day, or, one extra day,
Or as we refer to as, "grace day" Will sure help reduce in crime rates among our society."

That is how we got the 10 day waitig period.

Sent from my iPhone

Forget about the fact that your spelling is disastrous, did you even take the time to read the post, or did you simply see the title and decide to make a huge fool of yourself then?

Synergy
12-26-2010, 8:33 AM
Forget about the fact that your spelling is disastrous, did you even take the time to read the post, or did you simply see the title and decide to make a huge fool of yourself then?

I do believe that was sarcasm.:p Since your new here, you will soon see it's quite common on this forum. Welcome to CalGuns.

mif_slim
12-26-2010, 8:50 AM
Lol. I was agreeing with you IPTF... What happen to common sense?! :p Jk.

Librarian
12-26-2010, 9:02 AM
Please, for the love of god, don't try to rationalize Kalifornia gun laws. You're head will explode.

At least, if you try to relate the laws to some aspect of reducing crime or violence, you'll have that kind of problem.

Instead, see it as the lingering remnant of some politicians trying to get re-elected by seeming to 'do something' about crime. Of course, not all of those politicians actually wanted to be seen 'doing something' about crime; that wasn't the area they wanted to work on. But they discovered that getting votes for their bills required giving votes for those other bills, and so we have many of the laws that cannot be comprehended based on the claims of 'effectiveness' made by the politicians who submit them.

fullrearview
12-26-2010, 9:04 AM
Good luck with that!

jdg30
12-26-2010, 9:05 AM
The 10 day wait is to give you 10 full days to think about the next gun you are going to buy, and then you use the rest of the 30 day wait to save up for that next new gun you are going to buy.

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 9:16 AM
The 10 day wait is to give you 10 full days to think about the next gun you are going to buy, and then you use the rest of the 30 day wait to save up for that next new gun you are going to buy.

lol i like that

dascoyne
12-26-2010, 9:21 AM
The 30 day "probation" protects me from spending too much all at once. This is true.

mif_slim
12-26-2010, 9:40 AM
The 30 day "probation" protects me from spending too much all at once. This is true.

Nah I would agree if I didnt buy 4 AR's, 1 saiga and a 870 Rem all at once. But that rule only apply for handguns... which makes it crazy.

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 9:44 AM
Nah I would agree if I didnt buy 4 AR's, 1 saiga and a 870 Rem all at once. But that rule only apply for handguns... which makes it crazy.

truth

Arondos
12-26-2010, 9:48 AM

Shhh someone in Sacramento will hear you and want a wait on those too since the handgun wait makes so much sense to them.

Lancear15
12-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Actually the CDC studied the effectiveness of the 10 day waiting period and found that suicides by guns decreased.

But, suicides by other means increased. True story. It along with all other current gun control measures have proven ineffective. :D

Ron-Solo
12-26-2010, 10:01 AM
It's just going to make your head hurt.

dascoyne
12-26-2010, 10:10 AM

I'm trying to make myself feel better about it. Thanks for killing that ... and, yes, I once purchased a vanged 870 and three stripped Mega AR lowers all at once.

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Forget about the fact that using a gun you obtained legally to shoot someone is paramount to running someone down in a bright orange lambo and fleeing the scene.

Do tell. How in the world would a gun purchased legally be able to be tracked back to you if you take the gun with you? I'll give you a hint, it can't be! If it ends up being left at the scene, that's another story but, even then, if it was a used long gun purchased from an FFL, it might never be able to be traced to you. Maybe you just don't understand how tracing a gun's ownership works.

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Do tell. How in the world would a gun purchased legally be able to be tracked back to you if you take the gun with you? I'll give you a hint, it can't be! If it ends up being left at the scene, that's another story but, even then, if it was a used long gun purchased from an FFL, it might never be able to be traced to you. Maybe you just don't understand how tracing a gun's ownership works.

A bullet can always be tied back to the barrel it was fired from (a quick look under the microscope will tell you if a particular bullet was fired from said gun). If they can place you anywhere near the scene an inquiry into your records would tell them everything about all the guns you've ever owned. A .44 bullet found in a cadaver plus your recent purchase of a .44 S&W means a warrant and so on and so forth.

HOWEVER, if i was to say buy a crossbow from big 5 and put one into someones head there is no way for anyone to tie a bolt back to the crossbow it was fired from; no records and no background checks etc etc.

Uneducated people such as yourself are the reason we have a 10 day wait.

GUN OWNERS HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!!!

Marlin Hunter
12-26-2010, 10:30 AM
The original 15 day wait in California was called a "cooling off period." Supposedly everyone buying a handgun was doing so because they were angry and going to shoot someone. The 15 day wait was actually a planning out period, so you could set up an alibi and/or and escape route. It worked pretty good since there have been far more unsolved shooting crimes today then there was before they implemented the waiting period.

NytWolf
12-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Edit: I honestly think if I was going to murder someone at range it would be easier to shoot them with a crossbow as it wouldn't arouse suspicion or make any noise. WHERE IS THE 10 DAY WAITING PERIOD ON CROSSBOWS PEOPLE THIS IS SERIOUS.

That's right. Muzzleloaders, crossbows, etc, all have no 10-day wait.

g17owner
12-26-2010, 10:39 AM
A bullet can always be tied back to the barrel it was fired from (a quick look under the microscope will tell you if a particular bullet was fired from said gun). If they can place you anywhere near the scene an inquiry into your records would tell them everything about all the guns you've ever owned. A .44 magnum bullet found in a cadaver plus your recent purchase of a .44 S&W means a warrant and so on and so forth.

HOWEVER, if i was to say buy a crossbow from big 5 and put one into someones head there is no way for anyone to tie a bolt back to the crossbow it was fired from; no records and no background checks etc etc.

First off if you buy a .44 S&W and someone is found with a .44 mag round in them technically they are different so fail on your part. Secondly why are you even jokingly talking about murdering someone on an internet forum? YOU are the one who is a complete idiot. Get a clue you fool. Don't even mention stuff like that. Douche. Do yourself and the rest of the members here a favor and ban yourself or just delete your account. :rolleyes: Also who appointed you the spelling police. Dick

Oceanbob
12-26-2010, 10:43 AM

Delete your account and start again. You failed to recognize tongue-cheek-sarcasm up the page; and you just called a long time member with 16,447 posts 'Uneducated'.

You and your 7 total posts so far have not impressed anyone.

Please, when you come back with a new handle, read the Rules first.

IntoForever
12-26-2010, 10:44 AM
First off if you buy a .44 S&W and someone is found with a .44 mag round in them technically they are different so fail on your part. Secondly why are you even jokingly talking about murdering someone on an internet forum? YOU are the one who is a complete idiot. Get a clue you fool. Don't even mention stuff like that. Douche. Do yourself and the rest of the members here a favor and ban yourself or just delete your account. :rolleyes: Also who appointed you the spelling police. Dick

^5!!!

The cooling off period seems ridiculous if you already own a handgun. Some of the guns have replaceable barrels so changing one out would throw off the grooves and lands on any bullet, especially if you run a sandpaper reamer down the barrel before you shoot someone. Why don't we have cooling off periods for buying cars, knifes and water? Yes, people have died from drinking too much water! Some of the laws and proposed laws I've heard remind me of a 4 year old making up the rules of a card game as he goes along - not viable in any intelligent way. I'd like to see them do a real study on how well gun control laws are working in mexico except our politicians would screw that up as well... over spending and gathering specific data to suit their own agenda.

g17owner
12-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Delete your account and start again. You failed to recognize tongue-cheek-sarcasm up the page; and you just called a long time member with 16,447 posts 'Uneducated'.

"truth" ;)

AceR15
12-26-2010, 10:50 AM

+1 :chris:

FreedomMom
12-26-2010, 10:51 AM
guys....it's for the children.....no rationale or logic is needed.....just think of the children!

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 10:51 AM
A bullet can always be tied back to the barrel it was fired from (a quick look under the microscope will tell you if a particular bullet was fired from said gun). If they can place you anywhere near the scene an inquiry into your records would tell them everything about all the guns you've ever owned. A .44 magnum bullet found in a cadaver plus your recent purchase of a .44 S&W means a warrant and so on and so forth.

Stop believing everything you see on CSI. A quick look under a microscope won't conclusively tell anything after another 1000 rounds or a vigorous cleaning with a SS brush. Also, in the case of ALL longguns bought in California, niether the state nor the Feds get any info on the caliber of the weapon. In Ca., all the DROS system gets is that you are buying a long gun. No make, model, color, caliber, etc. The 4473 does have that info but, it stays at the FFL. No gov agency gets any info about it period.

As far as your education or lack there of goes, I think you need a refund from your "educator". You obviously don't know anymore than what you think is true because you saw it on TV.:p

g17owner
12-26-2010, 10:53 AM
But CSI has such a catchy theme song! LOL He stayed at a Holiday Inn last night that is where his 'edumacation' comes from.

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Let me educate you a little more, there are legal ways to firearms in California without any paperwork, serial numbers, registration, manufacturer's markings or anything. How could these guns (both long guns and handguns) be traced? In your OP, you made a blanket statement which has more holes in it than a sieve. You really need to admit your mistakes, sit back, surf this forum a bit and learn before you swallow the foot in your mouth.

g17owner
12-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Let me educate you a little more, there are legal ways to firearms in California without any paperwork, serial numbers, registration, manufacturer's markings or anything. How could these guns (both long guns and handguns) be traced? In your OP, you made a blanket statement which has more holes in it than a sieve. You really need to admit your mistakes, sit back, surf this forum a bit and learn before you swallow the foot in your mouth.

Great advice but think he is intelligent enough to take it?

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 11:06 AM

I was looking at a picture of a .44 mag when i wrote it, the murder was in context......

and holy **** are you guys seriously debating FOR a 10 day wait period??????? I think you're on the wrong forum, the site you;re looking for is hippieweedforum.com. I didn't say it was not possible to get away with shooting someone, I said it there are easier ways than having to go through your barrel 80 million times with a brush.........................

dude79
12-26-2010, 11:10 AM

I didnt know this was a english class!

I_plead_the_fifth
12-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I didnt know this was a english class!

It isn't. Doesn't mean it's okay to come off like a chimpanzee typing with his feet.

g17owner
12-26-2010, 11:14 AM
This has gone beyond the ignorance of a ten day wait period but rather your overall ignorance and continued lack of a filter: "I didn't say it was not possible to get away with shooting someone, I said it there are easier ways than having to go through your barrel 80 million times with a brush......................... " you give credence to a liberals argument for 10 wait periods when dumb crap like this falls out of your mouth. :rolleyes: Its ironic you call someone else here stupid when clearly that title should be reserved for you and you alone....

Synergy
12-26-2010, 11:17 AM
I was looking at a picture of a .44 mag when i wrote it, the murder was in context......

and holy **** are you guys seriously debating FOR a 10 day wait period??????? I think you're on the wrong forum, the site you;re looking for is hippieweedforum.com. I didn't say it was not possible to get away with shooting someone, I said it there are easier ways than having to go through your barrel 80 million times with a brush.........................

I do believe you brought forensics into this discuassion... :rolleyes:

rimfire78
12-26-2010, 11:18 AM
There's no sense fro be made from them. They're born of politics and fear not logic.

g17owner
12-26-2010, 11:19 AM
You should heed your own screen name and stop speaking because if i see any crossbow killings on the AP we know who did it. LOL

Librarian
12-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Thread has drifted far enough.