PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with a remote control boat?

professionalcoyotehunter
12-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Any one know where to find the regas for this? I bought my nephew one for christmas from bass pro but I cant find the regs on it.

Diesel-Gunner
12-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Dont know about out here in Kali, but I caught a ton of Crappie and Bluegill with mine back in Ohio. It's a blast, especially when you get a nice fighter on the line.

Spyder
12-26-2010, 8:51 AM
Haha, yea, I used to use my Tyco Rip Tide for strategically placing lures and bait!

lewdogg21
12-26-2010, 9:45 AM
I've done it and caught some bluegill. Got a little nervous a few times when it looked like the fish might defeat the boat. It was quite fun. I have no idea as to the legality of this.

trautert
12-26-2010, 9:51 AM
I think I read something recently in the Western Outdoor News column by the F&G Biologist that in California that the fisherman must be in contact with the tackle (ie holding the pole) when fighting/landing the fish. The question wasn't about using a R/C boat, though.
Tom

lewdogg21
12-26-2010, 10:10 AM
I think I read something recently in the Western Outdoor News column by the F&G Biologist that in California that the fisherman must be in contact with the tackle (ie holding the pole) when fighting/landing the fish. The question wasn't about using a R/C boat, though.
Tom

Hm, that would make trot lines illegal I guess.

Spyder
12-26-2010, 9:20 PM
Trot lines are defintely illegal. R/C Boat would be illegal too, as it is not a closely attended rod and line or hand line. Of course, I don't see where it wouldn't be allowed to attach some sort of miniature rod and line TO the R/C Boat, and keep an eye on it. To me, that would still fall under "closely attended", if you were controlling the boat.

2.00. Fishing Methods -- General.
(a) Except as otherwise authorized, all fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto. Anglers in possession of a valid two-rod stamp and anglers under 16 years of age may use up to two rods in inland waters which regulations provide for the taking of fish by angling, except those waters in which only artificial lures or barbless hooks may be used. See District Trout, Salmon and Special regulations for exceptions.
(b) Snagging is prohibited. Snagging is defined as impaling or attempting to impale a fish in any part of its body other than the mouth by use of a hook, hooks, gaff, or other mechanical implement. This definition does not include activities otherwise authorized under these regulations for the lawful use of a gaff, bow and arrow, or spear.
(c) It is unlawful to kill, or retain in possession any fish which has not voluntarily taken the bait or artificial lure in its mouth. Any fish not taken pursuant to these regulations, shall be released immediately back into the water.

AK4me
12-26-2010, 9:32 PM
Lol, Ive never tried it, but I did think about it before

WTSGDYBBR
12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvOq2ZyQd8

I thought you guys were joking crazy.

Temp Username
12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
That's a shame that they would make it illegal. I understand if they make it illegal for sporting events, but when trying to feed ones family, it must be done by any means necessary. That is the law of nature.

five.five-six
12-26-2010, 10:54 PM
why is it that when I rad the thread title, not being an angler myself, the first thought that came to mind was: "I bet this is illegal in California"?

this state sooo sucks

Temp Username
12-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah, California sucks. Nowhere for me to go though. I might just hop the country once my job is over though.