PDA

View Full Version : 2011 fishing License!

professionalcoyotehunter
12-25-2010, 9:20 PM
Just picked mine up and it is not like normal. It looks like a receipt like they do in other state. Just another way our state can go cheaper on outdoor things.

shafferds
12-26-2010, 2:05 AM
But the price keeps going up :(

Spyder
12-26-2010, 7:50 AM
All of your fishing/hunting licenses and tags are like that from now on. Federal waterfowl stamp is probably the only one that isn't. Part of the new ALDS (Automated License Data System) that just got started up.

Kind of a pain in the rear, as my fishing license, hunting license, deer tag, bear tag, steelhead card, sturgeon card and abalone card add up to about 5,000,000 feet of paper!

Also, don't leave them in the sun or they'll turn black like store receipts. Not as susceptible as that, but in very high heat, like on the dash of your truck, they can turn black on you.

chris
12-26-2010, 8:56 AM
Just picked mine up and it is not like normal. It looks like a receipt like they do in other state. Just another way our state can go cheaper on outdoor things.

we have yet to see how cheap this state will get. it's only going to get worse.

Rusty_Buckhorn
12-26-2010, 9:32 AM
why would you complain about this? This is the way almost all other states do this, and is pretty much the norm. If you buy all your tags and license at the same time, it's all in one. So, INSTEAD of having a bunch of tags, it will be all on one piece. I think it's about time CA caught up a bit.

caoboy
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Did it go up?

ar15robert
12-26-2010, 4:01 PM
wonder how they hold up to water?

stphnman20
12-26-2010, 4:03 PM
Is it the same as the new hunting license?

jtv3062
12-26-2010, 5:44 PM
PCH have you not seen the other threads on this? You must be slip-n buddy. LOL

Falstaff
12-26-2010, 6:05 PM
Got mine too, i wonder if this is like the receipts that have the ink disapear in the sun? Prolly full of bisphenyl A too.

Spyder
12-26-2010, 8:24 PM
Yea, they're pretty much waterproof. And they did go up about a buck and a half.

Interloper
12-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Betcha my local gas station/liquor store/baitshop isn't set up with the machine. I'll probably have to drive an hour to Truckee to buy it. :mad:

Rusty_Buckhorn
12-27-2010, 8:20 AM
you could always just buy it online :rolleyes:

Spyder
12-27-2010, 9:57 AM
Just bought myself all of next years stuff online the night before christmas. Not only do they mail it to your house (which is more convenient than going to the local gas station/liquor store/bait shop), but they give you a temporary one you can print out until the permanent one arrives! ...worth the extra buck and a half it costs this year, if ya ask me!

Interloper
12-27-2010, 10:24 AM
you could always just buy it online :rolleyes:

You can do that?

Rusty_Buckhorn
12-27-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html

Toolfreak66
12-27-2010, 9:30 PM
I have a lifetime fishing license and its the same now as all the others. Kinda boring looking, but hey, its a license not a picture.

One good thing about it is that the game wardens have access to verify your license on their computers or radios now. If you lose it, it can also be reprinted at and dealer for just a small fee.

tenpercentfirearms
12-28-2010, 6:55 AM
Also, don't leave them in the sun or they'll turn black like store receipts. Not as susceptible as that, but in very high heat, like on the dash of your truck, they can turn black on you.

How do you know this? I a customer receipt on the dash of my truck testing it right now. At least it was up there. I need to go find it.

I do know this paper is not normal. So I wouldn't assume it will turn black unless the DFG warns about it or you know from experience. I am just testing it out for myself.

And as a retailer, I think it is a great system. In the past I never stocked fishing licenses. I sold a whole bunch last week because I now always have them in stock. No more going to a store with ALS and hearing, "sorry we are out of those." That is unless I run out of paper, which I don't plan on.

Spyder
12-28-2010, 9:27 AM
My bear tag last year started turning black when I left my wallet on the dash one afternoon... And when I bought mine, the saleslady at the DFG regional office told me not to leave it in the sun. This time of year I don't think it will matter as it's not all that hot. I was in Redding at the time, and it was 108 or so for a week.

tenpercentfirearms
12-28-2010, 9:23 PM
My bear tag last year started turning black when I left my wallet on the dash one afternoon... And when I bought mine, the saleslady at the DFG regional office told me not to leave it in the sun. This time of year I don't think it will matter as it's not all that hot. I was in Redding at the time, and it was 108 or so for a week.

Was the ALS available then? I just got mine less than a month ago.

professionalcoyotehunter
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Being disabled I still have to go to Long Beach DFG to get my license in person and I live in Palmdale so it is a pain for me to get it even though it only cost $5 for disability license it still cost me $60 in gas:(.

Spyder
12-29-2010, 8:06 AM
Was the ALS available then? I just got mine less than a month ago.

I picked my stuff up at the Redding Regional office in September, so it was at least available then. I think the ALDS was first introduced only in the DFG offices first, so they could work out any major kinks in the system? ...not sure on that, but I think it's what I had read somewhere at the time.

tenpercentfirearms
12-29-2010, 7:37 PM
I picked my stuff up at the Redding Regional office in September, so it was at least available then. I think the ALDS was first introduced only in the DFG offices first, so they could work out any major kinks in the system? ...not sure on that, but I think it's what I had read somewhere at the time.

Not saying you might not be correct, I just wanted more info. That is why I am going to test the paper on my own and report back the results. I keep forgetting to look for that receipt. It has to be in the truck somewhere. Maybe I can microwave it or blow dry it.

wjc
12-30-2010, 12:02 AM
How do you know this? I a customer receipt on the dash of my truck testing it right now. At least it was up there. I need to go find it.

I do know this paper is not normal. So I wouldn't assume it will turn black unless the DFG warns about it or you know from experience. I am just testing it out for myself.

And as a retailer, I think it is a great system. In the past I never stocked fishing licenses. I sold a whole bunch last week because I now always have them in stock. No more going to a store with ALS and hearing, "sorry we are out of those." That is unless I run out of paper, which I don't plan on.

I just picked up my fishing license using the new method and asked about the heat thing. They confirmed leaving it in the sun will affect it. I asked if keeping it in my wallet all the time would be a problem. The dealer wan't sure and stated they are still testing out the system. (not good in my opinion).

so far, getting the fishing license was easy but I'm concerned with the hunting license and having to carry around a ot of scraps of paper.

Spyder
12-30-2010, 7:18 AM
I had mine in my wallet for months, while I hiked around in hundred degree weather. I don't think they'll be a problem as long as they're not under glass in the sun.

And yea, having the hunting license, tags, fishing license, steelhead and abalone and sturgeon cards gets way too bulky.

Spyder
12-31-2010, 3:22 PM
Just got mine in the mail. Guess it came in yesterday, but didn't check it then. Ordered it on the 24th, arrived today. Quick and easy.

It is, however, SEVENTY THREE freaking inches long. That includes the receipt, fishing license, steelhead card, sturgeon card and tags. Not sure where the hell I'm going to keep the thing...

wjc
12-31-2010, 7:06 PM
Just got mine in the mail. Guess it came in yesterday, but didn't check it then. Ordered it on the 24th, arrived today. Quick and easy.

It is, however, SEVENTY THREE freaking inches long. That includes the receipt, fishing license, steelhead card, sturgeon card and tags. Not sure where the hell I'm going to keep the thing...

crap. That may mean my hunting license is gonna be huge.

Well, I bought one of those waterproof document containers...I guess it will all go in there and I'll carry it in my pack.

Spyder
01-01-2011, 3:41 PM
Yea, I'm not looking forward to having to add my abalone card, hunting license, deer and bear tags too.