PDA

View Full Version : New Beretta PX4 Compact

mag318
12-25-2010, 7:44 PM
I've owned both the fullsized PX4s and the subcompact models, and they are really good pistols. I just bought the new compact model for a Christmas present and it has become my new favorite PX4. Beretta engineers did some design tweaks to the recoil spring and put a polymer cover on it. As a result the new compact has less felt recoil than the full size and way less than the subcompact model. The pistol is a tack driver with an excellent trigger out of the box. Beretta is going to sell a lot of their latest PX4. Size wise it's slightly longer in the grip than my Smith & Wesson M&P9c, but is really comfortable in hand. Well done Beretta.

gumby
12-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Mag,

Thanks for the photo's and write up. I would love to get one but you know california.

mag318
12-26-2010, 9:15 AM
Yeah Gumby, I know what you mean. I thought Illinois had restrictive gun laws until I joined this forum and saw what you have to contend with in California. I hope this new Beretta makes your approved list.

gumby
12-26-2010, 1:06 PM
Thanks Mag but probably not. Calif. has put so many restrictions on new guns that almost no "new" guns are coming here. God I wish my wife would let us move next door to Arizona, a "free state".