PDA

View Full Version : The World’s Largest Army, America's Hunters

jabell
12-25-2010, 5:10 PM
This blogger adds up all the hunters in just a handful of states, and comes to a striking conclusion: The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters.
Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay.
But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the
case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
His point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
My two cents on this, "That's why all of our enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed." Most of all, our own present Federal Government wants the American public disarmed.

A tidbit of history here is that the Japanese feared having to invade the United States during World War II because they knew that there was a gun in every house. :79:

Big Jake
12-25-2010, 5:23 PM
Great post. +1 brother!

chris
12-25-2010, 6:23 PM
My two cents on this, "That's why all of our enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed." Most of all, our own present Federal Government wants the American public disarmed.

heck our own state has been trying this for years and now are starting to relize that they will lose bit by bit.

ChrisTKHarris
12-25-2010, 6:28 PM
America!

Rumpled
12-25-2010, 7:10 PM
Good on WI hunters for no negligent deaths.
I'd bet not all 600k went out, but still good.
Hunters total a large number, but as a standing army; not so well trained.
I think some of that fear of armed Americans is just for the movies.

Sunday
12-25-2010, 8:47 PM
People with guns do not make an army.

MontClaire
12-25-2010, 8:53 PM
I've been to many countries and one thing i can say with certainty: if we ever encounter a full ground invasion by foreign forces- they don't stand the chance. That all said, i hope people we elect don't turn us in to sheep without means to defend ourself and we need constant supply if young people interested in hunting and shooting sport. constant to stay ahead.

Hunt
12-25-2010, 9:15 PM
this is why the last year the NWO have been indoctrinating the masses with the H1N1 virus myhtology. By that I mean the population has been brainwashed to accept random deaths of healthy people by virus. There will never be a conventional armed invasion of the US, so when otherwise healthy people start dropping due to the swine virus get ready. This is when the martial law and the global communist regime will appear to save us.

jabell
12-26-2010, 6:50 AM
those stats that came across my desk are impressive but like previously stated they are not gonna pick a conventional fight. they will most likely boil us slowly so we don't jump out of the pot before we are boiled. death by a thousand scratches. we can't wait for the end to actually do something about the situation. they have deployed a divide & conquer strategy expertly that would make Machiavelli proud. It's all out in the open now for those that care to pull their heads out of the sand. We need to ask ourselves do we want to die on our feet or live on your knees?

mif_slim
12-26-2010, 7:03 AM
Imma flee to WI if war breaks out. Our HQ is there. Lol

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 7:15 AM

Really? They do make it so other armies don't invade us. I could make it easy for you and provide a qoute from WWII but, I'm sure that you can do a little research and find out why there was never an all out ground invasion here during WWII.

QQQ
12-26-2010, 7:27 AM
The Japanese actually did invade certain islands that technically are a part of Alaska.

But they would have never been stupid enough to invade the mainland.

Excellent original post.

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 7:37 AM
The Japanese actually did invade certain islands that technically are a part of Alaska.

Excellent original post.

Yes but, they were smart enough not to invade the lower 48 where there's a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Abesnake
12-26-2010, 1:45 PM
Really? They do make it so other armies don't invade us. I could make it easy for you and provide a qoute from WWII but, I'm sure that you can do a little research and find out why there was never an all out ground invasion here during WWII.

Actually, the Chinese, who have a 2mill man Army and are steadily building their Naval forces, came right out and said they know they will never be able to beat us on the ground. One of the reasons they gave, beyond our military tech,:D is all the hunters we have.:43:

Abesnake
12-26-2010, 1:53 PM

Excellent original post.

No their plan was always to invade through Alaska. They wanted to come down through Washington, because it WAS to dangerous to come in on boats through Seattle, San Fran or more Southern. The problem was they were slogging through, Easterly, on all the Aleutian islands and mountains and there were no roads to speed things up when they got to the mainland. It was cold as hell and they had equipment failures and thinning supply lines too. So, did we. Meanwhile, if I remember the documentary right, we had the Army Corps of Engineers on the other side headed West and building the Alaskan highway and even figured out how to do it over the tundra. By the time we got the road done and send more military we had time to wait for them. We had a smaller force that held them and by then they needed their troops elsewhere and left I believe.:43:

nagorb
12-26-2010, 2:04 PM

If your talking about Isoroku Yamamoto you might want to do a little research yourself;)

nagorb
12-26-2010, 2:07 PM
Yes but, they were smart enough not to invade the lower 48 where there's a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Got a quote?

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 2:16 PM
If your talking about Isoroku Yamamoto you might want to do a little research yourself;)

Yea, I know that there is no proof of him saying that but, there is a good reason that the lower 48 were not invaded during WWII. I also know that there's a U-boat less than a mile off the California coast but, that doesn't mean the Germans where planning on trying to land here.

BigBamBoo
12-26-2010, 2:20 PM

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 2:22 PM
Armed people = a army??? Not IMHO....why is that you ask? Total lack of organization. History has shown that a small, highly motivated, highly trained "army" can and do make short work of large, conscript armies.

But what do I know.

Take care,Stan

Yet, small bands of self train gorrillas can keep the US military at bay for decades at a time.

N6ATF
12-26-2010, 2:33 PM
"the deer menace" LOL

uCxaEQVxF7M

CSACANNONEER
12-26-2010, 2:40 PM
While thinking about this a little more, I remember a story about a group of rag tag farmers who took on the largest army in the world once. I wonder how they ever won that war?

1lostinspace
12-26-2010, 2:43 PM
it's safe to say that American gun owner/hunters might be the most powerful army in the world! If we are talking about man on man rifle to rifle most country's would get their *** kicked!

1st5
12-26-2010, 2:48 PM
The Poles, with about ten handguns, started the underground resistance against the Nazis in Warsaw.

Now, though, we are invaded and in danger of being overrun by an unarmed force that outnumbers our hunters and gun owners.

ilikeguns
12-26-2010, 9:13 PM
US vs Britan was sharpshooters/hunters.
Taliban = motivated and uneducated hill folks

I can get 20 strong and in shape friends all between 18 and 30 years old, some with military experience, and all with guns together in about 1 hour. I bet others here could do the same. And we are California.

N6ATF
12-26-2010, 9:34 PM
We are Sparta? LOL

Doheny
12-26-2010, 9:35 PM
/\/\ Made me LOL

The force is strong with this thread....

:tank:

Hunt
12-27-2010, 5:37 AM
the enemy doesn't need an army they have H1N1 and our population is already psychologically prepared to do nothing when they begin to use it.

Abesnake
12-27-2010, 9:30 AM
While thinking about this a little more, I remember a story about a group of rag tag farmers who took on the largest army in the world once. I wonder how they ever won that war?

They had the right leader. Funny, I think he was a farmer himself.

Abesnake
12-27-2010, 9:33 AM
the enemy doesn't need an army they have H1N1 and our population is already psychologically prepared to do nothing when they begin to use it.

Don't count on it.

Hunt
12-27-2010, 7:35 PM
Don't count on it.

it will be so anonymous no one will know the source or vector, the public will blindly obey their local bureaucrat. Like I said, normal healthy people can randomly die and all the Gov't agents have to say is it was the H1N1 and the sheeple will continue their grazing unalarmed.

San FranPsycho
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM

I thought it was because the carriers weren't at Pearl Harbor. Most sources I come across say if the carrier fleet was trashed in Hawaii like the rest of the Pacific fleet, the Japanese would have made it well into the American heartland with not too much resistance. But hindsight is 20/20 who knows

GuyW
12-28-2010, 12:01 PM

People with guns who know how to shoot them accurately, have basic woodcraft skills, and home, family and community to protect, are a good start on an army...

ZX-10R
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
This blogger adds up all the hunters in just a handful of states, and comes to a striking conclusion: The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters.
Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay.
But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the
case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
His point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

A tidbit of history here is that the Japanese feared having to invade the United States during World War II because they knew that there was a gun in every house. :79:

Amen bro.

dwa
12-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Possibly could the fact that both Japan and Germany lack the logistical ability to cross the pacific and Atlantic? Germany was never in a position to consider invading the US as Britain was in the way, Japan never had the Naval supremacy or logistical support to cross the Pacific, the rifles that people owned were the last consideration
How would they get here and how would they feed their Army which was almost entirely in China?
Yet, small bands of self train gorrillas can keep the US military at bay for decades at a time.
Yet they did not stop the invasion, using your example small bands of US guerrillas (I didnt know king kong was in AFG) could keep another military at bay but could not prevent an invasion. You should look into the training of opposing guerrilla forces, they are far from self trained, pick a country and they have a training support apparatus.

That's kinda of a misnomer, the Revolutionary Army was a professional force that beat the British using European tactics. While asymmetrical forces were present they contributed to harassment of British forces, the major deciding battles were fought shoulder to shoulder by men trained by a Prussian. Prior to the professionalization of the American army a series of defeats were suffered by the undertrained "minuteman" army. During that time the British suffered some setbacks but Washington wasn't in Valley Forge on his own accord. The Battle of Trenton was fought because of the inability at the time of the Continentals to stand up to the British.

If some of you think that everybody can just show up with a rifle and beat back an army, you are in for a rude awakening if you ever have the opportunity, generally the "insurgent" force loses far more personal and wins through a propaganda campaign in the occupiers home front. They win by existing not military success and recruiting faster than they can be killed.

If they US were ever occupied a very vigorous insurgency could be founded but that would not preclude or deter an invasion, suggesting that deer hunters were the reason Germany didnt invade a country 5000 miles away is laughable, same deal with Japan, they were never in a position to attempt said invasion.

rimfire78
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Additionally, what about America's Target shooters?

Super Spy
12-28-2010, 1:34 PM
Great Post OP! I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to invade CONUS, but if they did they'd have their hands full

mschliebs
12-28-2010, 3:12 PM
The civilian hunter-army of New Orleans was forcefully disarmed and disbanded by the local police and Lousiana State National Guard after Katrina. I do not fear an invasion from a foreign country.

Hunt
12-28-2010, 4:21 PM
those stats that came across my desk are impressive but like previously stated they are not gonna pick a conventional fight. they will most likely boil us slowly so we don't jump out of the pot before we are boiled. death by a thousand scratches. we can't wait for the end to actually do something about the situation. they have deployed a divide & conquer strategy expertly that would make Machiavelli proud. It's all out in the open now for those that care to pull their heads out of the sand. We need to ask ourselves do we want to die on our feet or live on your knees?

^^^^yes indeed, I still say it will be a virus that has the masses begging for more Statist shackles. Much easier to get the sheeple to beg for their own slavery, than try and shoot it out on main street. If anything they will use our heavily armed citizenry against us by causing internal chaos, LaRaza shoots it out with the KKK etc.

CavTrooper
12-28-2010, 4:39 PM
Possibly could the fact that both Japan and Germany lack the logistical ability to cross the pacific and Atlantic? Germany was never in a position to consider invading the US as Britain was in the way, Japan never had the Naval supremacy or logistical support to cross the Pacific, the rifles that people owned were the last consideration

How would they get here and how would they feed their Army which was almost entirely in China?

Yet they did not stop the invasion, using your example small bands of US guerrillas (I didnt know king kong was in AFG) could keep another military at bay but could not prevent an invasion. You should look into the training of opposing guerrilla forces, they are far from self trained, pick a country and they have a training support apparatus.

That's kinda of a misnomer, the Revolutionary Army was a professional force that beat the British using European tactics. While asymmetrical forces were present they contributed to harassment of British forces, the major deciding battles were fought shoulder to shoulder by men trained by a Prussian. Prior to the professionalization of the American army a series of defeats were suffered by the undertrained "minuteman" army. During that time the British suffered some setbacks but Washington wasn't in Valley Forge on his own accord. The Battle of Trenton was fought because of the inability at the time of the Continentals to stand up to the British.

If some of you think that everybody can just show up with a rifle and beat back an army, you are in for a rude awakening if you ever have the opportunity, generally the "insurgent" force loses far more personal and wins through a propaganda campaign in the occupiers home front. They win by existing not military success and recruiting faster than they can be killed.

If they US were ever occupied a very vigorous insurgency could be founded but that would not preclude or deter an invasion, suggesting that deer hunters were the reason Germany didnt invade a country 5000 miles away is laughable, same deal with Japan, they were never in a position to attempt said invasion.

STOP WITH THE LOGIC!!!

YER KILLIN ALL MY RED DAWN FANTASEEEEZEEEEE!!!!

AWWWRRGH!

nemisis1400
12-28-2010, 4:50 PM
All this time, I still haven't gone hunting yet. It's on my todo list I swear!!

MARLANDO
12-28-2010, 4:54 PM
http://ctpatriot1970.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/militia.jpg

http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/militia.png

Vtec44
12-28-2010, 6:35 PM

I think it was the guns that deter them lol

bld0121
12-29-2010, 8:26 AM
People with guns who know how to shoot them accurately, have basic woodcraft skills, and home, family and community to protect, are a good start on an army...

China would be our only major worry and ^^this^^ would be why China would not WANT to invade our mainland. They'd much rather get us out of Southern Asia, Indonesia, and the Middle East. As others have stated, the biggest threats to our freedom will not likely come in the form of a direct military offensive.

Hunt
12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
uhhh I think you will find our own troops protecting China's interest here in the homeland, no reason to invade when the administration is already commnists

N6ATF
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
LOL!

bohoki
12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
owning a gun does not make one a soldier

jabell
12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
irrelevant issues. We were never really at threat from an invasion during ww2 even though the japs & germans thought and acted about it. just a tidbit of info though.
german u2 boats were patrolling our east coast & did drop off some saboteurs. jap troops did invade us starting in alaska but got beat down.
jap subs did fire upon oil refineries in cali.
jap balloon bombs did reach u.s. shores for several years.
a famous jap general is quoted in history books as saying he feared a ground invasion do to gun ownership.
you can research those points yourself.
the main point is they would have wanted to but it just was not a realistic reality given our enemies position at the time.
that was a long time ago & irrelevant for modern times though.
the threats we face now are from forces within the wire.
the global elite are not going to confront us head on but i'll leave that for another day.
jeff

jabell
12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Less than 50% of the people supported the revolutionary war against the British.
Between 5 to 10 percent of the people actually fought against the British who were the most powerful fighting force on the planet at the time until they locked horns with some well led good old boys that were not going to take any more ****.
It's a different world today though.
I'm afraid what we can't see behind the scenes will take us down if we don't wake up, get determined, get organised & get motivated. :o
Jeff

kombat_unit
12-29-2010, 2:24 PM
The USA won't fall to armed aggression. We will fall to apathy and avarice.

mobilereef
12-29-2010, 2:38 PM
Wolverines!!!!!

Abesnake
12-30-2010, 11:31 AM
^^^^yes indeed, I still say it will be a virus that has the masses begging for more Statist shackles. Much easier to get the sheeple to beg for their own slavery, than try and shoot it out on main street. If anything they will use our heavily armed citizenry against us by causing internal chaos, LaRaza shoots it out with the KKK etc.

There ain't no KKK of note anymore.

Abesnake
12-30-2010, 11:37 AM

I'm glad to see someone here who uses actual historical fact and not revisionism. However, you must admit that the Minute Men though originally untrained did give the Brits fits, great pause and they did develop themselves into a fighting force. The Battle of Trenton was also fought to test themselves at that point in their development as an Army as well as it being strategic. It gave confidence to the rest of the Colonies, also, who then began to coalesce behind them. France, then, also jumped in to help us. Right? So, as I mentioned above; Washington was the right man at the right time, and he hired that Prussian. Otherwise, they may not have gotten it together. His motivation was, also, partly, because he was treated as a "second class citizen" in the British Army and refused an Officer's command in his "British Guard" unit here in the Virginia Colony. That's when he began his disloyalty to the crown.

dwa
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm glad to see someone here who uses actual historical fact and not revisionism.
Well thank you, its nice to see some realism and not idol ism in this thread also

However, you must admit that the Minute Men though originally untrained did give the Brits fits, great pause and they did develop themselves into a fighting force.
Definitely, the Minute Men did great things and were vitally important, many paid with their live and they preformed above expectations, however once they developed into the trained fighting force that was the continental army they ceased to be the ad hoc force everyone likes to reference

The Battle of Trenton was also fought to test themselves at that point in their development as an Army as well as it being strategic.
Testing the transformation into a professional force, the thing that most desperate raids that have a high risk/reward ratio is they are not launched from a position of strength

It gave confidence to the rest of the Colonies, also, who then began to coalesce behind them. France, then, also jumped in to help us. Right? So, as I mentioned above;
true

Washington was the right man at the right time, and he hired that Prussian. Otherwise, they may not have gotten it together. His motivation was, also, partly, because he was treated as a "second class citizen" in the British Army and refused an Officer's command in his "British Guard" unit here in the Virginia Colony. That's when he began his disloyalty to the crown.

Agreed also Washington was the right man for the job, he was a farmer, he also was a veteran with i belive around 20 years of experience.

I'm not saying that the American population wouldn't be able to found a strong insurgency and the hunting tradition would contribute to that.

However, most people seem to be under the impression that small arms skill is the most important skill set and from the impression Ive gathered from reading many of these threads people seem to think they are going to close with and destroy and opposing force after massing a force of their own. Almost every time no one takes into consideration logistics, things as simple as water for your 20 range buddies. Furthermore if you are a student of history in any sense of the word, successful insurgencies tend not to "stand up" to an opponent but harass them and win through not being defeated, outlasting their opponent and winning through propaganda. If you look at recent experience you will see that small arms are largely irrelevant outside of areas that are inhospitable to vehicles, IEDs produce the casualties and the fodder for the real area that will have great effect your YouTube channel. In the present day massing a force to pursue a small arms attack is a great way to end up on gun cam footage. While marksmanship is a great base, an insurgent force will lack both the staying power and the support infrastructure to mount a success attack on a force with armoured vehicles (immune to most rifle calibers) and an armoured dismount (ditto). That leaves effective ttps of IEDs and harassing fire in which case you most certainly do not want to meet up with your friends.