PDA

View Full Version : Centurion 12 Safe Broke

oscar47
12-25-2010, 1:36 PM
I have a centurion 12 gun safe. When I tried to open it last, the dial came off along with the shaft. I can't open my safe to get my guns. Where do I drill to open it?

repoman1984
12-25-2010, 2:14 PM
Its a little bit more complicated than that safe work is not for the do it yourself'er. Call a locksmith. Can you post a pic of the shaft/dial? is it threaded with a key cut going down the length of it? if possible try and carefully insert the shaft and rotate it till it inserts all the way and attempt the dial the combo like normal.

ke6guj
12-25-2010, 2:28 PM
I have a centurion 12 gun safe. When I tried to open it last, the dial came off along with the shaft. I can't open my safe to get my guns. Where do I drill to open it?

that information is not available to the public. Otherwise anybody with that info could go aroudn cracking safes. YOu need to contact a locksmith, who is able to get that info from the manufacturer, after confirming that you are the legal owner.

jpscoot_21
12-26-2010, 12:21 AM
There's a safe man that advertises in Craigslist in the Norwalk area. He usually sells used safes there.

xibunkrlilkidsx
12-26-2010, 12:55 PM
that information is not available to the public. Otherwise anybody with that info could go aroudn cracking safes. YOu need to contact a locksmith, who is able to get that info from the manufacturer, after confirming that you are the legal owner.

Im about 99% sure that wont work. The key has to be timed with the position of the lock. plus its threaded so any movement of the spindle would transtalte into just threading the dial in and out a little bit with minimal movement to the drive wheel.

If you could find that information that easy online why own a safe. Call a safe/vault tech. dont just call a locksmith, they may or may not have much experience with safe work and can make things worse quickly by trying to work on something they dont fully know.

http://www.savta.org/savta_tech.php

search there for one near you.

ke6guj
12-26-2010, 1:21 PM

Im about 99% sure that wont work. The key has to be timed with the position of the lock. plus its threaded so any movement of the spindle would transtalte into just threading the dial in and out a little bit with minimal movement to the drive wheel.

huh, contacting a locksmith to drill the safe open won't work 99% of the time? perhaps you meant to quote someone, instead of me?

bsg
12-26-2010, 9:21 PM
have you considered contacting the safe manufacturer for service assistance?

quick draw mcgraw
12-26-2010, 9:33 PM
have you considered contacting the safe manufacturer for service assistance?

:clap::clap:

Yay for common sense!!

Why in the world would you want to destroy your safe (or have a locksmith do it for you) before you contact the manufacturer???!!!